1. #1
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 13,372
    Betpoints: 338

    Is Alex Smith going to lose that leg??

    It doesn't sound to good. If the Redskins are asking for the press to respect their privacy, it must be really bad.

  2. #2
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Horses Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 343,665
    Betpoints: 409

    ??
    Wtf?

  3. #3
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 48,689
    Betpoints: 60

    Infection, reconstruction, multiple surgeries.

    Yikes. Sounds pretty serious.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  4. #4
    Seattle12
    Seattle12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-06-18
    Posts: 44
    Betpoints: 704

    He is dealing with an infection. Since he is an athlete his body should be able to handle that but its definetly gonna slow down the healing process.

  5. #5
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 48,689
    Betpoints: 60

    Post op infection that may require more surgery.

    Hopefully it's not a resistant Super Bug.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  6. #6
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 14,916
    Betpoints: 16465

    Not going to play Doctor. But the report today was bad.

    When they say "privacy reasons"...bad sign. Amputation not out of the question.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  7. #7
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 13,372
    Betpoints: 338

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Not going to play Doctor. But the report today was bad.

    When they say "privacy reasons"...bad sign. Amputation not out of the question.
    Exactly. There's a reason they're going there.

  8. #8
    SamsNCharge99
    Nov 2016/Nov 2018 POTM
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 31,539
    Betpoints: 306

    Guaranteed what $58 million to possibly never play again
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  9. #9
    7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 1,668
    Betpoints: 48

    Damn that sucks. Always liked Smitty. Even though it wasn't the game winning TD, this is my favorite Alex touchdown. He was so fired up.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020


  10. #10
    TheMoneyShot
    Update your status
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 24,309
    Betpoints: 90

    You'd think the medical staff would take extra special care of him because he's an athlete....

    Clowns couldn't even keep the medical gear sanitized. Who the fuk did the surgery?

  11. #11
    JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 58,623
    Betpoints: 14

    He'll have a bad limp but he'll be good..

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  12. #12
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 13,372
    Betpoints: 338

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You'd think the medical staff would take extra special care of him because he's an athlete....

    Clowns couldn't even keep the medical gear sanitized. Who the fuk did the surgery?
    The problem is once the bone is exposed, you have to worry about infection. It's immediate.

    On a side note, antibiotics are becoming less and less effective because we use them way too much.

  13. #13
    TheMoneyShot
    Update your status
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 24,309
    Betpoints: 90

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The problem is once the bone is exposed, you have to worry about infection. It's immediate.

    On a side note, antibiotics are becoming less and less effective because we use them way too much.
    Ever have a doctor prescribe Biaxin to you? Best stuff in the world. Cuts a sickness down in half the time. If you aren't allergic to it... I would ask a doctor for it. Some pharmaceutical companies want $30.00+ a pill now.

    Just food for thought.

  14. #14
    MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-12
    Posts: 385
    Betpoints: 180

    Is there a prop bet for this? Over/under 1.5 legs.

  15. #15
    JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 58,623
    Betpoints: 14

    Smith gonna be the one leg wonder of the NFL.. All you need is one leg...

    Points Awarded:

    KVB gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  16. #16
    pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-21-16
    Posts: 2,353
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonPond View Post
    Is there a prop bet for this? Over/under 1.5 legs.
    Oh no he didn't!

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/06/2020


  17. #17
    TheMoneyShot
    Update your status
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 24,309
    Betpoints: 90

    If Smith doesn't return.... I blame the Theismann Curse.

  18. #18
    SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-15-14
    Posts: 9,472
    Betpoints: 42

    Bone infections are a bitch to treat and more often than not the Drs just remove the limb and hope they got all the infected tissues.

  19. #19
    Mrtop7
    Mrtop7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-08-16
    Posts: 435
    Betpoints: 2178

    stay away from docs. They can bury you quicker than a book.

  20. #20
    tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 778
    Betpoints: 121

    Kaepernick should donate a leg.. then he would be back in the league.. kind of, in a morbid way.

  21. #21
    MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-12
    Posts: 385
    Betpoints: 180

    Quote Originally Posted by tunaguitar76 View Post
    Kaepernick should donate a leg.. then he would be back in the league.. kind of, in a morbid way.
    What if Kaepernick donated the leg and it became infected immediately afterward. That'd suck big time.

  22. #22
    mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-18-13
    Posts: 1,824
    Betpoints: 4800

    Would fall right in line with luck from the skins.

  23. #23
    5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-11
    Posts: 44,847
    Betpoints: 72

    These infections arent uncommon with this. Very doubtful he loses anything besides maybe his playing career.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020


  24. #24
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 13,372
    Betpoints: 338

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    These infections arent uncommon with this. Very doubtful he loses anything besides maybe his playing career.
    Still possible...

    The season-ending injury occurred more than two weeks ago – and Smith hasn’t spoken to the media since.

    New reports suggest that he’s suffering from post-op infection are causing a lot of concern.

    The news of a post-op infection was first reported by the Burgundy Blog.

    Orthopedic doctor Ryan MacDonell said if it’s true, Alex Smith may need repeat trips to the operating room.

    He also may need to have tissue removed and muscle from different parts of his body placed over the wound to help it heal.

    In a worst-case scenario, amputation could be a concern.

    The Redskins have Tweeted a statement saying that, although it’s a serious injury, Alex and his family remain strong.

  25. #25
    Thrilla
    Hillary my Queen
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-15
    Posts: 9,926
    Betpoints: 5187

    Dianna Russini and Adam Schefter report that Washington Redskins' Alex Smith is dealing with an infection that may put his NFL career in jeopardy.


  26. #26
    pavyracer
    Julia Alex.
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 67,910
    Betpoints: 2099

    He can come back with an artificial leg. Wasn't there a track and field runner that was using both artifial legs to run and was winning races?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  27. #27
    Booya711
    DOO DOO
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-20-11
    Posts: 23,009
    Betpoints: 1471

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    He can come back with an artificial leg. Wasn't there a track and field runner that was using both artifial legs to run and was winning races?
    Yeah...a South African that’s in prison for killing his girl
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  28. #28
    Hman
    All Of My Kindness Is Taken For Weakness
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 17,393
    Betpoints: 468

    Prayers for this guy

  29. #29
    VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-09
    Posts: 5,000
    Betpoints: 12791

    Quote Originally Posted by tunaguitar76 View Post
    Kaepernick should donate a leg.. then he would be back in the league.. kind of, in a morbid way.
    Then Smith would have to kneel at every game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: spro23, and tunaguitar76

  30. #30
    JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 58,623
    Betpoints: 14

    Battling infections..

    If you begin to eat one raw garlic clove every day after a year it's almost impossible to get a tooth or any kind of infection as I found.. You'll smell like crap though.. Better eat before a meal early in the morning. It stings the mouth eating it raw as well.. Take the pain for health I say.. Don't be a baby..

    Don't ask me how I know this but I do.. Raw garlic daily and you're good to go with just about any infections.. That's as good as any flu shot you will ever get in life also.. It's a build up process with raw garlic intake though so it takes a while to kick in with immune system fully.. Once it's daily and a few months in the immune system will be so good to go....

    I'd swear by...
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  31. #31
    Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-20-17
    Posts: 10,830
    Betpoints: 2092

    JIBBY

    You are a vampire

  32. #32
    JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 58,623
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    JIBBY

    You are a vampire
    I slay vampires with Garlic...

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  33. #33
    thechaoz
    2019 SBR Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 10,930
    Betpoints: 38351

    Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    Damn that sucks. Always liked Smitty. Even though it wasn't the game winning TD, this is my favorite Alex touchdown. He was so fired up.

    What a. Moment

    I'm so tired of sucking

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  34. #34
    Thrilla
    Hillary my Queen
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-15
    Posts: 9,926
    Betpoints: 5187

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Battling infections..

    If you begin to eat one raw garlic clove every day after a year it's almost impossible to get a tooth or any kind of infection as I found.. You'll smell like crap though.. Better eat before a meal early in the morning. It stings the mouth eating it raw as well.. Take the pain for health I say.. Don't be a baby..

    Don't ask me how I know this but I do.. Raw garlic daily and you're good to go with just about any infections.. That's as good as any flu shot you will ever get in life also.. It's a build up process with raw garlic intake though so it takes a while to kick in with immune system fully.. Once it's daily and a few months in the immune system will be so good to go....

    I'd swear by...
    Jibbby will eat a garlic before the fight and submit/ K.O. Chuck Liddell by merely opening his mouth.

    Burp and breath out to the opponent's face his signature move.

    Chuck be like: PLS no more!

  35. #35
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 15,487
    Betpoints: 872

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Jibbby will eat a garlic before the fight and submit/ K.O. Chuck Liddell by merely opening his mouth.

    Burp and breath out to the opponent's face his signature move.

    Chuck be like: PLS no more!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020


12 Last
Top