ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Oklahoma, Ohio State, or Georgia?

I would make the odds something like this:

Oklahoma - 140
    Georgia +110
    Ohio State +220

From what I'm hearing, Georgia is gaining steam.
    I live in Ohio and want buckeyes to get in so that Bama can destroy them and I can make an easy bet to start the year out.

why would we want a georgia rematch? so they can choke away another lead or so everyone can bet the pts and watch as bama beats them by 24 and everyone shakes their head

bama oklahoma i would probably just bet the first half over b4 bama wears them down and gets home to murray

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I think it’s down to OU and Georgia now.

If committees job is to put the 4 best teams in, hard to say Georgia isn’t one of them.

If you’re doing most deserving or want conference titles then what the committee is looking for is a moving target
    How is it that tex am and missouri couldn't compete in the 12 but now are good teams? There is the top 3 or 4 teams in the 12 but the bottom is as bad as it gets.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

They can always put Georgia in the three slot. Move Notre Dame down, punish them for not playing this weekend.
    brilliant joke krusty haha

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

My sources are now telling me that Georgia is going to jump everyone to number one because they played Bama good for 65% of the game before they swallowed their tongue

Fukk the records and the utter epic collapse

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    One-loss Power 5 Conference champ trumps two-loss non-champion. UCF is not part of the conversation, as long as Playoff is 4 teams, no non-Power 5 school will ever get in.

And for the record, I actually think Georgia is one of the three best teams in the country, but sadly that is beside the point. They were in great position to clinch a spot today and could not finish the deal.
    The committee has always try to choose the best 4 teams. Conference championships is not that important.
    That’s why Ohio state got chosen over Penn state and Alabama chosen over Ohio state last year. You and I can read w and l next to the team logo. If record is the end all be all, why have a committee? A computer can select the 4 teams based on record. There’s nuance. Oklahoma defense is horrible, you don’t think the committee can easily argue for Georgia because of that? Ohio state lost to Purdue by 30 and barely beat Nebraska and Maryland, etc. UCf is not part of the conversation because the playoff committee is ignoring their record; that’s my point and why I brought them as argument. You said that a 1 loss conference championship trumps a 2 loss teams. But, the committee is ignoring an undefeated team for other 1 loss teams so why can’t they do the same for a 2 loss team over a 1 lost team.

chico2663

By your theory... Notre dame beat michigan by 7 at home. Beat nwestern by 10. Texas lost as a double digit favorite at maryland. I know cause i lost my ass on that.o.s.u. beat maryland at home. Beat tcu in texas. The question is will they leave the big 10 out 4 years in a row?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Personally.... Georgia is the better football team out of all 3 (Ohio State... Oklahoma)....

Would be A BOLD STATEMENT by the committee if a 2 loss team was ranked #4.

You can't let Ohio State leap frog Oklahoma and get #4 spot.

You also can't let Oklahoma get in because they won today... WHO IN THE HELL HAVE THEY BEAT ALL YEAR? They beat West Virginia... that's about it. (DEFENSE IS HORRIBLE)

I would pick Georgia.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

are these odds still available my book surely doesnt have them

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    The committee has always try to choose the best 4 teams. Conference championships is not that important.
    That’s why Ohio state got chosen over Penn state and Alabama chosen over Ohio state last year. You and I can read w and l next to the team logo. If record is the end all be all, why have a committee? A computer can select the 4 teams based on record. There’s nuance. Oklahoma defense is horrible, you don’t think the committee can easily argue for Georgia because of that? Ohio state lost to Purdue by 30 and barely beat Nebraska and Maryland, etc. UCf is not part of the conversation because the playoff committee is ignoring their record; that’s my point and why I brought them as argument. You said that a 1 loss conference championship trumps a 2 loss teams. But, the committee is ignoring an undefeated team for other 1 loss teams so why can’t they do the same for a 2 loss team over a 1 lost team.
    I said one-loss POWER 5 champ trumps two-loss non-champion. Non Power 5 teams outside Notre Dame should never be considered because of SOS, if UCF want to get into Playoff, move to Big 12.

Now I totally get what you are saying and that committee is instructed to take 4 "best" teams, and I even admitted that I personally have Georgia power rated third in the country. But there has to be a point where results on the field matter. To illustrate, my top 4 power rated teams are Bama, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State (by 0.38 points over Oklahoma) with undefeated Notre Dame rated seventh. But committee basically HAS to put undefeated psuedo-major Notre Dame in but would have had no problem leaving them out with one loss.

Point being losses DO matter (as they should), and if they did not, why bother playing these conference championship games? The way I would do it is after the undefeated majors, select the "best" one-loss majors to fill out Playoff field. If by some fluke there are only three majors (or Notre Dame) with one or no losses, only then take "best" two-loss major.

TheMoneyShot

According To Fox Sports Analysts

1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Notre Dame

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Bama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    4A.) Ohio State 4B.) Georgia
    Seems a lot of people don't remember Army leading Oklahoma, should've actually won at Oklahoma earlier this year . Everyone remembers Ohio State close games but not Oklahoma. Army at home , I was astounded the cam back to win late .
    Georgia while probably being best , losses have to count no matter what .If the other 2 would've played Bama , they would be 2 losses as well .
    I just can't take Oklahoma serious , the defense is garbage . You can't just focus on "the offense is great" , well yea , they all are in the Big 12.
    I think they'll choose Oklahoma but Bama will hang 40+ by halftime easily .

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    According To Fox Sports Analysts

1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Notre Dame
    Based on CFP rankings to start the day and not my own ratings, I do not think Oklahoma did quite enough today to jump Notre Dame, remember it was a tight one-possession game all the way until Sooners scored with under 2:00 left.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Bama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    4A.) Ohio State 4B.) Georgia
    Seems a lot of people don't remember Army leading Oklahoma, should've actually won at Oklahoma earlier this year . Everyone remembers Ohio State close games but not Oklahoma. Army at home , I was astounded the cam back to win late .
    Georgia while probably being best , losses have to count no matter what .If the other 2 would've played Bama , they would be 2 losses as well .
    I just can't take Oklahoma serious , the defense is garbage . You can't just focus on "the offense is great" , well yea , they all are in the Big 12.
    I think they'll choose Oklahoma but Bama will hang 40+ by halftime easily .
    You have to use latest CFP rankings as starting point though, and committee had Oklahoma ahead. Nothing happened today to suggest that will change.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

You have to use latest CFP rankings as starting point though, and committee had Oklahoma ahead. Nothing happened today to suggest that will change.
    Understand but that's my point , I would have never had Oklahoma up there to start with .
    I simply don't think they are a Top 4 team when you setup playing vs Bama , Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State or Georgia.
    I think they would lose to all of them because of that defense .

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Understand but that's my point , I would have never had Oklahoma up there to start with .
    I simply don't think they are a Top 4 team when you setup playing vs Bama , Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State or Georgia.
    I think they would lose to all of them because of that defense .
    I do not disagree and I have had Ohio State ahead of Oklahoma all year (although by slightest of margins). But you can't fight city hall (selection committee).

chico2663

Notre dame beat vandy by 5.mich by 7 and northwesteen ny 10.whomever they play haa a bye into the finals. The other 5 teams would be double digits fav.ovee dame on neutral field.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Georgia deserve to be in top 4 but I don't think committee will put them above Notre dame even though I think they beat Notre dame easily, everyone was saying if Georgia lose close one they be in but now they won't be because they choked? Bama so tough to beat

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Georgia deserve to be in top 4 but I don't think committee will put them above Notre dame even though I think they beat Notre dame easily, everyone was saying if Georgia lose close one they be in but now they won't be because they choked? Bama so tough to beat
    What about them getting dominated by lsu.

chico2663

Just looked at s.o.s. lsu had strongest.ga.had 3rd ala had 5th ohio st had 10th.okla had 15 and notre dame had 25

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    What about them getting dominated by lsu.
    That was earlier in the year i think if they played anyone other than bama they would of won today, that ot bama loss must of gave Kirby nightmares for him to call that crazy trick punt

FrogHorn
    FrogHorn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Committee would never have the balls to pick Georgia and put them into a rematch situation with Alabama. I mean like a mortal lock that they will not pick Georgia.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    That was earlier in the year i think if they played anyone other than bama they would of won today, that ot bama loss must of gave Kirby nightmares for him to call that crazy trick punt
    they lost to a backup qb that can't throw. If ala starting qb is out I don't think they can win. Heard a stat the other day. Whomever was Number 1 when the first playoff rankings came out has never won the championship.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Let's hope so. Although it could ruin the regular season. We shall see.
    God I hope not. The sport is 1000000x better having a deserving team miss then teams with no shot make it. You’ll just hear gripes from the number 9 team next. Don’t ruin another sports regular season

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Georgia is second best team in the nation but doesn’t have a shot to get in. Why because regular season matters. Put it to 8 and it won’t. This game today would’ve meant nothing.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Plain as day it's bama Clemson Notre Dame Oklahoma in that order.

ESPN idiots making up wild theories to draw bigger ratings.

Also has proved the 4 team playoff really solved very little.

If they are really taking best 4 teams, then Notre Dame isn't even getting talked about. Like profits said eye test is the tiebreaker only
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Georgia is second best team in the nation but doesn’t have a shot to get in. Why because regular season matters. Put it to 8 and it won’t. This game today would’ve meant nothing.
    If it were 8 teams, the power 5 conference champs would get automatic bids so these games would have mattered MORE.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

1 alabama
    2 clemson
    3 notre dame
    4 oklahoma

no surprises can't believe all the espn bozos were saying georgia should be in

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Dull and predictable.

They put Georgia 5th so these clowns can drag this show out

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Expected it.

So it's not 4 best teams

Who knows what it is.

Political reasons matter

TheMoneyShot

If Nick Saban says he doesn't want to play Georgia again.... PEOPLE LISTEN.

LT Profits

[FONT="]Expected it.[/FONT]

[FONT="]So it's not 4 best teams[/FONT]

[FONT="]Who knows what it is. [/FONT]

[FONT="]Political reasons matter[/FONT]
    It is not really that hard, three undefeated majors (Notre Dame is pseudo-major) and "best" one-loss Power 5 team.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

It is not really that hard, three undefeated majors (Notre Dame is pseudo-major) and "best" one-loss Power 5 team.
    I get it. I don’t disagree with the decision, but if you had to put your savings account on Georgia vs OU, ND, And Ohio State, who are you going to choose? It’s not really the 4 best teams, so stop telling us that

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Dane, GEO should be in there. I'd argue that Clem + Geo are the only the only teams that can stay within 7 of Alab (on most days).

Really see the 8-team playoff coming. Very soon, I think.

LT Profits

I get it. I don’t disagree with the decision, but if you had to put your savings account on Georgia vs OU, ND, And Ohio State, who are you going to choose? It’s not really the 4 best teams, so stop telling us that
    Right, you start with the undefeated majors, then take the "best" one-loss majors and then and only then, if there are somehow only three teams with one loss or no losses, you take best two-loss majors. Nobody has publicly stated that, but committee has effectively done it looking at last few years.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You guys know absoluely NOTHING about the Committee. If you did, you would realize that it too them abut 2 and 1/2 minutes to come up with the selection. Remember the Committee has to pick the top 25 teams and I guarantee you that it was much tougher to pick between Texas A&M and Syracuse for the 19th and 20th spots than it was to pick between Alabama and Clemson for the #1 and 2 spots. If you recall, I TOLD everyone in here that Ohio State's ONLY chance at playing in the Playoff was to go undefeated because one loss would be enough for payback because of the Urban Meyer incident and the general overall stupidity of the AC and the University itself. When Ohio State got it's arse handed to it by Purdue, they were finished, as was the Big 10 and the Big 10 homers in here. Notice that a two loss Georgia finished AHEAD of Ohio State. That was a message people, in case you are too stupid to realize it. The message was and still is "DO NOT embarrass the NCAA.

First 123 Last