Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Boston Bruins Are The Play Tonight In NHL Hockey!

Big night in Beantown! The B's are retiring Rick "Nifty" Middleton's number 16. Nifty is beloved in the Hub so the joint will be jumping. The B's are a semi-moderate -165 favorite but my recommendation is to lay it. The young sniper Donato has been called back up from Providence (and he may not even dress) but it wouldn't surprise me to see each line be a more energized tonight. Boston has a lot of good young players (Pastrnak, JFK, etc) and they'll bring it in this one. As for the puck line, it's probably a good play but I would hate to see the Bruins win but still lose the bet, so I will be playing the money line only.

As always, best of luck
    Harry

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

I'm on the Islanders ml+150. Harry why so long to retire Middleton's#?

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I'm on the Islanders ml+150. Harry why so long to retire Middleton's#?
    I'm going with the energized team.

Nifty had a great career but fell just short of putting up Hall Of Fame numbers (just short of 500 goals, just shy of 1000 points. 2 key benchmarks.) So his jersey retirement was never a foregone conclusion.

After his retirement though he stuck around Boston and was very instrumental in all their many Alumni charitable endeavors. He also coached the US Sled Hockey team (handicapped, Wounded Warriors, etc) to the World Championships.

He's just an all around great player and great guy and the B's are finally recognizing him for it.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Harry N. Lloyd 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MAINEBLACKBEERS
    MAINEBLACKBEERS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8517

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Big night in Beantown! The B's are retiring Rick "Nifty" Middleton's number 16. Nifty is beloved in the Hub so the joint will be jumping. The B's are a semi-moderate -165 favorite but my recommendation is to lay it. The young sniper Donato has been called back up from Providence (and he may not even dress) but it wouldn't surprise me to see each line be a more energized tonight. Boston has a lot of good young players (Pastrnak, JFK, etc) and they'll bring it in this one. As for the puck line, it's probably a good play but I would hate to see the Bruins win but still lose the bet, so I will be playing the money line only.

As always, best of luck
    Harry
    I like it Harry. Tailing.

consensusontap
    consensusontap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Awesome job

Harry N. Lloyd

It's probably not the sharp play when you go to OT with a -165 favorite, but they won! I'll take it.

The kid Donato who I wrote about got the GW in a shoot out. YEE HAH!
    Points Awarded:

MAINEBLACKBEERS gave Harry N. Lloyd 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.