0 0%
  • Hope no one makes the playoffs

0 0%
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Survivor Pool Strategy this late in the season

Still play it week by week or start saving teams for the playoffs? Or hope no one makes it to the playoffs??

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

I lost week 1 when New Orleans decided to lose at home to TBAY. Still their only loss of the season and I'm still bitter about it

with that being said, you have to keep playing week by week. My pools never go into playoffs, they just split after week 17.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    I lost week 1 when New Orleans decided to lose at home to TBAY. Still their only loss of the season and I'm still bitter about it

with that being said, you have to keep playing week by week. My pools never go into playoffs, they just split after week 17.
    I lost that week in a pool also fooling with the red hot Aints too. Detroit took out another team in Week 1 too to the sorry ass Jets. This last one I am in started with 256, quickly got down to 26 because no one was eliminated from week 4-10, now is getting close to the playoffs. I have some crappy teams left too. Hopefully it will end before the playoffs.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Bump

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Bump

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

win so u can pick again next week

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    win so u can pick again next week
    If it goes to the playoffs you have to have teams available to play also.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I'm really struggling between Seattle and Tennessee this week. My pool started with 2,452 entrants at $100 a pop. I started with 3 entrees and am down to my final 1....only 40 entrees remain.

Seattle will be by far the popular pick, and imo, the safest play I can use....but I love that Week 17 matchup at home vs Arizona. I cant use GB, KC, LAR, HOU, NE or PHIL. I still have a very strong path to the end.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I'm really struggling between Seattle and Tennessee this week. My pool started with 2,452 entrants at $100 a pop. I started with 3 entrees and am down to my final 1....only 40 entrees remain.

Seattle will be by far the popular pick, and imo, the safest play I can use....but I love that Week 17 matchup at home vs Arizona. I cant use GB, KC, LAR, HOU, NE or PHIL. I still have a very strong path to the end.
    I wouldn't think of using Philly. Even if they win its going to be close. Last year's magic is gone. More likely to lose than win against anybody

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

What's the strategy today??

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Only 6 of us left

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

14 of us left today, 2 KO'd on Green Bay.

12 advanced w/ Seattle (me included) and 2 with Tennessee.

I still have KC & New England to play. Usually this pool has only a few players left by now if not won outright. Wouldn't surprise me if players in this pool go the distance, hope I can hang.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

I still have KC & New England to play. Usually this pool has only a few players left by now if not won outright. Wouldn't surprise me if players in this pool go the distance, hope I can hang.
    With 6 left im not counting on it going the distance. I've used up nearly all of my playoff teams already

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post

That week 17 gm might not mean anything for Seattle tho:, Rams will have division locked up and Seattle will probably be locked in as the 5 seed. Something to think about if saving them.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post

Kc loses back to back weeks to chargers then at Seattle be careful.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    That week 17 gm might not mean anything for Seattle tho:, Rams will have division locked up and Seattle will probably be locked in as the 5 seed. Something to think about if saving them.
    I used Seattle yesterday......had to! Really, really needed Jets to finish off Tennessee.....that was depressing. 34 left in the pool, after 6 had GB. Would have been down to 24 had Tennessee not came back late. Of the 34, 16 can use Pittsburgh this week. Of the 18 remaining after that, only 5 can use New England.......so well have 13 on some tough games. Cant play the THursday game, so Tennessee vs Jax is off the board. Chargers and GB have been used by everyone left. 1 can use NO and 1 can use KC. Then were down to Houston vs Indy......Denver @ SF, Dallas vs Philly, Buff vs Jets.

I would expect at very least another handful will drop out after Week 14........and by no means am I saying I'm advancing......I know how these things work.....can't imagine anyone who had GB expected to lose to lowly Arizona.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Can't believe buffalo looks like my best play this week

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Can't believe buffalo looks like my best play this week
    Couldn't beat the sorry ass Jets after being up 14-3 and 23-20. Crap.