Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Adrian Beltre Retires

After a brilliant career that spanned parts of 21 seasons, Adrian Beltre announced today that he is retiring from baseball. Via a Rangers press release, Beltre has issued the following statement:

After careful consideration and many sleepless nights, I have made the decision to retire from what I’ve been doing my whole life, which is playing baseball, the game I love.

I have thought about it a lot and although I appreciate all the opportunities and everything that baseball has given me, it’s time to call it a career. I have enjoyed the privilege of playing professional baseball since I was 15 years old. I have been blessed to have played 21 seasons at the highest level in Major League Baseball.

I want to thank God, my amazing wife Sandra for your unwavering and unconditional love, support and understanding throughout my entire baseball career, my three awesome children, Cassie, A.J and Camila for being the best baseball kids, my parents, and my entire family for all your love and support.

I also want to thank my agents, Scott Boras, Mike Fiore and the entire Boras Corp. for always believing in my talent. A huge THANK YOU goes to the numerous teammates, managers, coaches, and staff members from the Los Angeles Dodgers, Seattle Mariners, Boston Red Sox and especially the Texas Rangers. These past eight seasons playing in a Rangers’ uniform have been the best of my career and were made possible thanks to Rangers’ owners Ray Davis, Bob Simpson, and Neil Leibman, General Manager Jon Daniels, Nolan Ryan, and the late Don Welke.

I also owe a huge part of my success in Texas to the amazing Rangers’ fans. You guys are the best!

I also have to acknowledge and thank Tommy Lasorda for believing in this young kid from the Dominican Republic when others thought I was too young to be called up to the Big Leagues.

To all my fans in the Dominican Republic, the United States and Latin America, my sincerest THANK YOU for your continuous support throughout my career. While I will forever cherish the memories from my time playing the greatest game on earth, I am excited to become a fulltime husband and father, and I am ready to take on the next chapter of my life.

It’s been one hell of a ride!

Muchas gracias,

Adrian Beltre

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

21 years is quite a career

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Should have retired a few years ago.. I remember him as a Dodger.. Decent player...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Great career

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

I respect this so much more than the I’m gonna play one more year and have a farewell tour so you can all pay homage to my career nonsense.

- Preston Wilson

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Great career. Would have been a no name no nothing without the juice.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

HOF

one of the greatest 3rd basemen ever

JayandCaitti
    JayandCaitti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Easy HOF great career .

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Wished I could see him in a Rockies uniform before hanging em up just so I could yell AAADRIIAANNN!! Last few years have been very Rocky.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

For any retards saying he wasn’t an all time great, let me enlighten you.

Adrian Beltre all time ranks amongst MLB 3B:

HITS 3,166 (1st)
    RBI 1,707 (1st)
    XBH 1,151 (1st)
    HR 477. (3rd)

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679