slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6207

Syndergaard

The guy is a disaster when he pitches against a decent team

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

division opponents seem to have him figured out a bit.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

one more run for my over to hit

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Man he was good two years ago the World Series

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He left game
    Injured

All Mets pitchers dead arms

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Over hit, now just need Nats to close it out.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Over hit, now just need Nats to close it out.
    i wish my teams always closed games out like the nats

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

On Tuesday Syndergaard took another step forward in his recovery, throwing from the mound for the first time since April. It should be noted that Syndergaard did not resume throwing on flat ground until mid July.

There remains no timetable for a return to game action, but a positive review could move Syndergaard one step closer to a rehab assignment.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He left game
    Injured

All Mets pitchers dead arms
    Mets Bullpen is trash

chapman comes in and mushes the Yankees RL and the under...

I'm so glad that dodger deal for chapman fell through. Yankees got a lemon. You can't even trust chapman to be a setup man for robertson or betences because he might blow it.

Chappy the only dude I've ever seen that throws 103 mphs and its hittable as fukk. Fast ball is straight as an arrow. You would think dude would try different grips or angles to get some movement but nope.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

The Mets are “seriously considering” trade scenarios for high-end righty Noah Syndergaard, according to Jon Heyman of Fancred (via Twitter). Per the report, at least six rival organizations are “real players” for the high-octane starter.

Importantly, Heyman notes that the key for the Mets in any potential deal would be to “fill multiple holes with real impact.” That suggests, unsurprisingly, that new GM Brodie Van Wagenen will not be looking for lower-level prospects. And it also seems to indicate that there’s a rather high asking price for one of the game’s most talented hurlers.

As presently constructed, the Mets roster is built around a potentially outstanding group of starters — much as it has been for the past several seasons. That has not always worked out in practice, with health problems in particular posing a barrier.

With Zack Wheeler reemerging, and the market largely devoid of compelling arms, it seems the Mets may see an opportunity to get value for Syndergaard. Of course, that’d mean parting with one of the team’s clear elite talents while creating an opening in the pitching staff — one that would presumably be filled by Seth Lugo and/or Robert Gsellman, who could both compete with Jason Vargas to round out the rotation. It’s interesting that the Mets seem inclined to keep Wheeler, who’s a rental hurler that would also be of keen interest to the broader market.

It stands to reason that the Mets would seek to land assets with at least some amount of control, rather than pure rentals, but also that they’d prefer players that have established themselves to some extent in the major leagues. It’s possible to imagine the club being intrigued by additions behind the plate, in center field, or just about anywhere in the infield. The bullpen is a clear need as well, though it’s tough to see a reliever driving a deal.

Making a volume deal that brings adequate will obviously be tough to swing. Teams with interest in giving up a big talent haul for three years of Syndergaard will, presumably, be interested in near-term contention. Those same organizations are, then, unlikely to be particularly keen to part with the pieces that would most interest the Mets. It’s certainly possible, then, that some kind of three-team arrangement could make the most sense, with the hypothetical team acquiring Syndergaard sending prospect assets to an intermediary that would in turn give the Mets what they seek. Potential permutations abound, making for an interesting thought experiment but also leaving it difficult to make anything approaching a reasonable prediction of the outcome.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

why do the Mets suck so bad, they got a couple really good starters and some decent bats, WTF is the deal with their bullpen and the team in general, I mean they are horrible and pay more per win than anyone I assume this fact dont know for certain.