thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State

1-2 to go to 14-16 for college football for the year, I think the value is with Ohio State at +3.5.

If you look at the games Ohio State has struggled defensively, it was agaisnt the speed on the perimeter of TCU, the spread offense of Brahm and Purdue, and they were flat against Maryland.

Michigan doesn't run spread and their running game is a power running game, they don't have the speed or dual threa quarterback to get to the perimeter like TCU. Michigan's defense has looked great against weak quarterbacks at home like Hornibrook, and McSorely had no receivers to throw to, Penn State lost their top receiver and tight end in the draft. Michigan is a traditional offense and they lost their top receiver before the season started. The only good offense Michigan played on the road was Notre Dame, and ND went up and down the field on them with a backup quarterback.

Ohio State's season is over after this game win or lose, they have no shot to make the playoff with the loss to Purdue, the pressure is on Michigan.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Morino nailed this one

Michigan game fits right into Ohio St

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

They can still get to the Big Ten championship game if they win this game right? And they would absolutely get in to the playoff if they beat Michigan and go on to win the conference championship. That year they won the title they had a bad home loss to a weak Virginia Tech team and still got into the playoff. So this isn’t the end of the road for Ohio State. They probably still win regardless

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    They can still get to the Big Ten championship game if they win this game right? And they would absolutely get in to the playoff if they beat Michigan and go on to win the conference championship. That year they won the title they had a bad home loss to a weak Virginia Tech team and still got into the playoff
    Their loss to Purdue was horrible, no way they get in ahead of Oklahoma and Georgia. The team that lost to Tech at home was much stronger and had multiple victories against ranked teams. The big ten championship game will be against a Northwestern team that isn't a top 25 team.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

There’s no way in hell a one loss Big Ten Champion Ohio State team will ever miss the playoff. You’re trying to use logic. This shit is politics man. Just like how they got in that first year when they made that huge jump after the conference championship game. Their season is far from done

thomorino

Ohio State isn't even ranked in the top 8, they beat an unranked Maryland team by 1, they don't have a single impressive victory since Penn State has been exposed and TCU has been disappointing and they were lucky to beat Penn State by 1. Georgia and Oklahoma are better teams.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Michigan wins in a route. Last time Ohio St played a team as good as Michigan they didn't score.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Michigan wins in a route. Last time Ohio St played a team as good as Michigan they didn't score.
    Ohio State's offense is completely different at home, ND moved the ball well on Michigan with a backup QB.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

There is no value on this game period. The end.

thomorino

I'm adding ND-USC over 54 and West Virginia-Oklahoma under 45 1H

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Any college hoop plays leaning kansas

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Ohio State's season is over after this game win or lose, they have no shot to make the playoff with the loss to Purdue, the pressure is on Michigan.
    Not true at all, Ohio State would be in Playoff if they win out and Alabama wins out.

LT Profits

I also disagree about tomorrow's game, I think play is Michigan or pass for me.

tennis005
    tennis005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5096

First off Shea Patterson is a mobile QB, a lot mobile than most big 10 qbs. He has good rushing yards for the year. You can't compare 1st game of year also 1st game for Shea. I am from Columbus, Ohio State is in shambles with the play calling of Urban and controversy of zac smith from hitting his wife to using racial slurs in locker room, which was just recent. revenge tour will be moving on and thru OSU this week. Haskins is not a good QB, he does not do well against a rush. those teams that pressured haskins, he either threw it away or to other team. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan comes out and wins 38-10 Just my 2 sense, someone who have watched college all yr and lives in Columbus.

tennis005
    tennis005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5096

1-2 to go to 14-16 for college football for the year, I think the value is with Ohio State at +3.5.

If you look at the games Ohio State has struggled defensively, it was agaisnt the speed on the perimeter of TCU, the spread offense of Brahm and Purdue, and they were flat against Maryland.

Michigan doesn't run spread and their running game is a power running game, they don't have the speed or dual threa quarterback to get to the perimeter like TCU. Michigan's defense has looked great against weak quarterbacks at home like Hornibrook, and McSorely had no receivers to throw to, Penn State lost their top receiver and tight end in the draft. Michigan is a traditional offense and they lost their top receiver before the season started. The only good offense Michigan played on the road was Notre Dame, and ND went up and down the field on them with a backup quarterback.

First off Shea Patterson is a mobile QB, a lot mobile than most big 10 qbs. He has good rushing yards for the year. You can't compare 1st game of year also 1st game for Shea. I am from Columbus, Ohio State is in shambles with the play calling of Urban and controversy of zac smith from hitting his wife to using racial slurs in locker room, which was just recent. revenge tour will be moving on and thru OSU this week. Haskins is not a good QB, he does not do well against a rush. those teams that pressured haskins, he either threw it away or to other team. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan comes out and wins 38-10 Just my 2 sense, someone who have watched college all yr and lives in Columbus.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Ohio State isn't even ranked in the top 8, they beat an unranked Maryland team by 1, they don't have a single impressive victory since Penn State has been exposed and TCU has been disappointing and they were lucky to beat Penn State by 1. Georgia and Oklahoma are better teams.
    This^^^ win out or not they aint getting in, i know theyre osu and a big name but theyre ranked #10 for a reason

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Not true at all, Ohio State would be in Playoff if they win out and Alabama wins out.
    Why would you put them in?? Itd make zero sense to put them in even if they win out, theyd have to destroy mich and whomever they play after that to even be considered

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Why would you put them in?? Itd make zero sense to put them in even if they win out, theyd have to destroy mich and whomever they play after that to even be considered
    As long as Alabama wins out, Big Ten Champ should get the nod over defenseless Big 12 and shitty Pac-12. Doubt committee would leave out conference champ in that scenario with Notre Dame already taking a spot away from power conferences.

I think it is moot though because I think Michigan wins tomorrow.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7144

Oklahoma and OSU are the same. Both have bad defenses this year. OU just gave up 40 pts to kansas. At least Maryland beat Texas, the team that beat OU.
    Saban vs Meyer would be hard for the committee to pass up.
    Last edited by RM Logic; 11-23-18 at 08:43 PM.

thomorino

Ohio State's defense has been atrocious this year, there's no reason to think they'd get in by beating Michigan - if they beat Michigan by 40 maybe, but that won't happen. Georgia, Oklahoma, West Virgina, all have been better than Ohio State, that's why they are ranked ahead of them. Its ridiculous to say a team ranked 10th would move up 6 spots by winning a home game - Ohio State needs a lot of help, winning out by itself is not enough.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by tennis005 View Post
    Ohio State isn't an elite team this year, but to say they are in shambles is ridiculous, they are 10-1, they're not as good as previous years but they are still a good team. Patterson is mobile, no one said he's not, but he's not a dual threat quarterback, that's not how Michigan has used him this year.

thomorino

As long as Alabama wins out, Big Ten Champ should get the nod over defenseless Big 12 and shitty Pac-12. Doubt committee would leave out conference champ in that scenario with Notre Dame already taking a spot away from power conferences.

I think it is moot though because I think Michigan wins tomorrow.
    There's no reason Ohio State should get in over Georgia or the big 12 champ, Ohio State has been inconsistent the whole year. You don't go from 10 to 4 by winning 1 game, if the committee thought Ohio State controlled their destiny they'd be ranked top 7-8 not 10.

thomorino

Loss to go to 14-17.

thomorino

I'm adding Auburn-Bama under 53

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7144

Dude- Any team with 2 losses is out- Georgia is out as is WVU. If OU wins tonite and then against Texas they get in. If they lose 1 they are out. Losses matter.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Dude- Any team with 2 losses is out- Georgia is out as is WVU. If OU wins tonite and then against Texas they get in. If they lose 1 they are out. Losses matter.
    oklahoma still needs one of those other teams to lose

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    If Georgia loses to Alabama by less than 10 they would have a good chance to get in, there may be multiple teams with 2 losses. No one would have Ohio State as being better than Georgia if Ohio State won out and Georgia lost to Bama by a TD.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Good luck Guy . No bet here

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

ohio st. just not as talented as other years rbs not as good wrs not as good dline not as good oline not as good its a wonder theyve only lost 1 game they get blitzed here

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3362

Patterson is dual. A lot changes from the first game of the season by the way
    On the road and still had a chance to win. Osu struggles evident all year

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Patterson is dual. A lot changes from the first game of the season by the way
    On the road and still had a chance to win. Osu struggles evident all year
    Obviously Michigan's offense is much better than what it was week 1, but Michigan still doesn't run tempo or spread, that's not who they are. Michigan also hasn't had a real road test since week 1, all their big victories have been at home, Michigan State isn't impressive this year.

thomorino

You can't be serious in thinking Ohio State would get in over Oklahoma if both teams win out, Oklahoma is ranked 4 spots ahead of Ohio State, there's zero chance that happens.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

You can't be serious in thinking Ohio State would get in over Oklahoma if both teams win out, Oklahoma is ranked 4 spots ahead of Ohio State, there's zero chance that happens.
    Shouldn't but you're not taking into account the politics of the college football playoffs.

Winner of this game is in.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Their loss to Purdue was horrible, no way they get in ahead of Oklahoma and Georgia. The team that lost to Tech at home was much stronger and had multiple victories against ranked teams. The big ten championship game will be against a Northwestern team that isn't a top 25 team.
    Great insight. If o s u line gives him time they can beat michigan.As far as the purdue loss...they are the 1 team in the big 10 that gives state problems. I don t think even if they win this they can make playoffs.ucf beat pitt. So they would have to lose,clemson,oklahoma and ala would have to crush ga. Or whomever they play. Just too much to overcome.

1234 ... Last