klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

To get Jimmy Butler and not have to give up a first round pick? The trade is a steal. Covington is a great defender and Saric has all-around hustle and great passing skills but both players struggle from 3 point arc. Neither are reliable scorers. Does this put Philly in with the Raptors and Celtics as the best in the East? Maybe not but it's a move in the right direction.

Let's see what else GM Elton Brand has up his sleeve before the trade deadline. This first move looks like a winner.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Because 2 Los Angeles team have cap space and also New York - And he was traded there - it’s not a place he pick ?
    Kawhi already has his sights on being a Laker. New York? Seriously????

I don't think Philly makes this move unless they're sure they get him signed. Especially with two young stars, Simmons will rack up a dozen assists with Butler on the wing.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

What was Minny thinking taking Covington's contract? Guy is making like 12 million a year and is a borderline starter in this league.

Like I said, big loser is Minny. Partly because of this trade, but they basically gave up two all stars to Chicago to get Butler.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Boston no factor in East

Bucks, Phila and favorite Tor
    Lol okay

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post

I don't think Philly makes this move unless they're sure they get him signed. Especially with two young stars, Simmons will rack up a dozen assists with Butler on the wing.
    Why is Leonard in this conversation? Wouldn’t shock me at all if Leonard stays in toronto - butler is a different guy

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    they should since hes not with the team
    seems like a philly redshirt scam. guess its no rules against it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Leonard loves Toronto

Great City

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Why is Leonard in this conversation? Wouldn’t shock me at all if Leonard stays in toronto - butler is a different guy
    these are 3 great players in philly. 2 are young, but very good. jimmy knows he is on a championship path here. AD holds the trump card depending where he goes and shifts the balance. but if AD stays in the west, butler knows philly can be as good as anyone in the east. he's not going anywhere. only way he could do better is if AD goes to the lakers and butler goes also.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

The Wolves did alright in this deal,needed to get him out of town.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    What was Minny thinking taking Covington's contract? Guy is making like 12 million a year and is a borderline starter in this league.

Like I said, big loser is Minny. Partly because of this trade, but they basically gave up two all stars to Chicago to get Butler.
    They cant do anything about that know,they needed to get the best deal possible,those two guys were mentioned in a deal for Butler a number of times before it went down.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 11-10-18 at 01:22 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Bucks and Raptors are still better then Philly in East even with this addition...

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post

Kawhi isn't going to the Lakers. Clippers more likely. He like anyone not named Wade won't play with egofathead James

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have MEM too at -2

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So my Memphis play looks great tonight

Frank Mills

they are def not beating TOR ...
    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I disagree. We'll see. But obviously the big catch is whether Embiid can stay healthy.

Frank Mills

Same thing every year though for Toronto. They dominate and get to the p offs and choke.

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lol, still won't touch Toronto Raptors in the playoffs and get out of the East..

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Mills View Post
    Same thing every year though for Toronto. They dominate and get to the p offs and choke.
    Maybe but they have kawhi now

Frank Mills

I'm ready to move there. Let's go !

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Leonard loves Toronto

Great City

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Toronto choked in playoffs because they had Derozan. They shipped him out and got a guy who won NBA finals MVP. Toronto won't be an easy out.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Maybe but they have kawhi now
    And Danny Green... It's like the best part of the Spurs squad went to the Raptors.. Team is deep and very good and that's why they are 11-1 on the season so far and blowing out teams....

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Kawhi isn't going to the Lakers. Clippers more likely. He like anyone not named Wade won't play with egofathead James
    That egofathead James just happens to be the greatest NBA player of all time. He's earned the right to have a damned ego, considering he led a junk tier Cavaliers team to their 1st and only title. We talking about a GOAT who single-handedly took a Browns caliber team and won them the superbowl.

Lakers missed the boat on Butler. Would have sacrificed Kuzma or Ingram for Butler on the condition we could sign Jimmy to a long term contract. Not a Lakers fan, but this was the move to make if they wanted a title this year.

Frank Mills

No no ...I agree don't get me wrong on that. They have everybody now !

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Toronto choked in playoffs because they had Derozan. They shipped him out and got a guy who won NBA finals MVP. Toronto won't be an easy out.

ikid2groove415

Lakers will not make the playoff with this current roster

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Lakers will not make the playoff with this current roster
    The question now becomes who is the next disgruntled star the Lakers could trade for? Beal would make sense, although he happens to be the Wiz' best asset so wont come cheap...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I think people are overrating Jimmy Butler.

He's a year away from 30.

He's a lifetime 34% three-point shooter.

He's a good player, but I don't see him as a difference maker. Plus, by all accounts, he seems to be a malcontent.

IBetYou

Seems way too risky for Magic to wait for next season... to waste a season of James being close to his prime, and possibly get nothing next summer -a catastrophe!

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    The question now becomes who is the next disgruntled star the Lakers could trade for? Beal would make sense, although he happens to be the Wiz' best asset so wont come cheap...
    They need 2 way players- that can play defense - not many out there? But butler was one they could of got - instead they hold on 2 soft guys like Ingram/kuzma - don’t think Beal helps them much besides scoring -

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I think people are overrating Jimmy Butler.

He's a year away from 30.

He's a lifetime 34% three-point shooter.

He's a good player, but I don't see him as a difference maker. Plus, by all accounts, he seems to be a malcontent.
    He's a difference maker but they had to give up two starters to get him. Now Simmons will play the 4 presumably -on defense that is.

IBetYou

They need 2 way players- that can play defense - not many out there? But butler was one they could of got - instead they hold on 2 soft guys like Ingram/kuzma - don’t think Beal helps them much besides scoring -
    Hart & KCP are two-way players imo. Beal is a high level player. Lakers main need is for a guard that can shoot/ score.

ikid2groove415

Butler was indeed Minnesota best player - he’s not a number 1 guy but a good 2-3 option that plays great defense with toughness - something that can’t be taught

ikid2groove415

Hart & KCP are two-way players imo. Beal is a high level player. Lakers main need is for a guard that can shoot/ score.
    Auctually Lakers problem is defense - they can score nightly -

IBetYou

Auctually Lakers problem is defense - they can score nightly -
    Almost every team can ring up a big score in this league, but I don't think their offense is very good over a 48min game. Lots of problems for the Lakers... they think Chandler will save their season...

IBetYou

If they could trade for Vucevic & Fournier that would solve their two biggest problems.

But Magic thinks every FA is dying to come to LA...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Does Bradley Beal make the Lakers much better? I keep hearing his name mentioned. Is the difference between him and Kyle Kuzma really that significant?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

he needs one player this year. kemba walker. who is a supreme bargain at like 14 million. but jordan still wants to unload his contract. give them a few young guys. kemba makes a real difference on a team like this with lebron. and they still have ridiculous money for next year to add a third guy with all the one year contracts.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Does Bradley Beal make the Lakers much better? I keep hearing his name mentioned. Is the difference between him and Kyle Kuzma really that significant?
    I think they should keep Kuzma -I like him. They should trade Ingram. The difference between he & Beal is HUGE. I'm not sure on the figures but KCP would probably make the deal work...

First 123 Last