Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Of course he was a vet. Trained to kill and did just that. We refuse to address the real problems. We have too many fukking guns and too many people that are mentally unfit. Reduce the amount of guns (someway, somehow) and find ways to provide mental health to 1/5 of the country who are fukking nuts. Nowhere is safe because EVERYWHERE has it's share of people who are dealing with mental health. for every 5 people you see, 1 is dealing with mental health. They are at your school, your work, your local grocery store. It's a ticking time bomb and when you provide gun access easier than buying a six pack. WTF do you expect?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

His neighbor said that he had PTSD.

Mac4Lyfe

6 off duty officers were in the bar at the time of the shooting. Well I guess the gun rights dumb asses/NRA can't use the excuse that more armed people are the solution.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Can't stop crazy.. It's gonna happen.. This one hit home for me...

Like I said we probably will see a mass shooting every month on average now as our population grows.. Social media makes people isolate and go nuts also.. Many deranged people in America and on edge..

Banning guns won't help much either as they find and buy them on the street or use other weapons like a truck or bomb.. If you are on a mission to kill people you will find ways..

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    His neighbor said that he had PTSD.
    a known wacko that people knew had guns but hell no, we cannot confiscate his guns, even though we know he is fukked in the head because it's his right to fukking kill dozens of people.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    6 off duty officers were in the bar at the time of the shooting. Well I guess the gun rights dumb asses/NRA can't use the excuse that more armed people are the solution.
    They weren't armed though from what is being said now..

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Can't stop crazy.. It's gonna happen.. This one hit home for me...

Banning guns won't help much either as they find and buy them on the street or use other weapons like a truck or bomb.. If you are on a mission to kill people you will find ways..
    No guns = no people killed by guns

It's not about banning guns, it's about making it difficult for people to gain access to guns. We have to get guns off our streets. You just said that people will find and buy them on the street. That's one avenue we need to stop. It's too easy to get a gun. That is ridiculous. Imagine if it was easy to buy chemical weapons? or a nuclear bomb? We all know that would be anarchy but that's what we're having with the gun violence. It is a clear fact that countries with more guns have more gun violence. REDUCE THE NUMBER OF GUNS. We have more guns than people in the US. WTF??? We must hold the gun manufacturers

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It's not about banning guns, it's about making it difficult for people to gain access to guns. We have to get guns off our streets. You just said that people will find and buy them on the street. That's one avenue we need to stop. It's too easy to get a gun. That is ridiculous. Imagine if it was easy to buy chemical weapons? or a nuclear bomb? We all know that would be anarchy but that's what we're having with the gun violence. It is a clear fact that countries with more guns have more gun violence. REDUCE THE NUMBER OF GUNS. We have more guns than people in the US. WTF??? We must hold the gun manufacturers
    Well I agree with you there.. Less guns on the streets I'm totally in favor of.. Love to see it extremely hard to buy guns..

I'm with ya on this Mac.. I don't exactly know how you would propose to do this though?

This Marine Vet shooter bought this gun legally, no way you get him to give it up is my best guess.. Crazy is crazy..

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

some police officers dont bring their guns to bars while they are drinking

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

This is fukked up

I grew up in the 805

that sheriff is the husband of one of my high school teachers

i am afraid to even know who the victims are

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Very true but even if they were armed, you cannot defend yourself if you are shot in the head unexpectedly in an ambush. A crazy mofo can take out a bunch of people, including people with guns before they know what hit them. You're in a bar drinking and you are armed. Good luck identifying and actually shooting the main perp while he's mowing people down. You are so confused and in a state of shock that you cannot reasonably pick off the right person. Most likely you will end up killing innocent patrons. More guns equal more chaos.

We have to figure out how to get less guns on our streets. That's the answer but no one wants to admit it. What do we expect to happen if we put a bunch of guns on a table at a kindergarten class? Young kids do not want to kill anyone but eventually one of them will pull the trigger. Do we blame the toddler? Do we blame the gun? NO. We blame the dumb asses that put the guns in the class. And that is US. We all are allowing all these guns into the hands of toddlers/crazy people that will eventually blow up. What do we expect?

Mac4Lyfe

Well I agree with you there.. Less guns on the streets I'm totally in favor of.. Love to see it extremely hard to buy guns..

I'm with ya on this Mac.. I don't exactly know how you would propose to do this though?

This Marine Vet shooter bought this gun legally, no way you get him to give it up is my best guess.. Crazy is crazy..
    I have some ideas but you have so many people that get vehement if you mention ANYTHING that sounds like you want gun control. It's like they are brain washed and they go to the other extreme. They want us to give little babies guns too. It's weird.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Very true but even if they were armed, you cannot defend yourself if you are shot in the head unexpectedly in an ambush. A crazy mofo can take out a bunch of people, including people with guns before they know what hit them. You're in a bar drinking and you are armed. Good luck identifying and actually shooting the main perp while he's mowing people down. You are so confused and in a state of shock that you cannot reasonably pick off the right person. Most likely you will end up killing innocent patrons. More guns equal more chaos.

We have to figure out how to get less guns on our streets. That's the answer but no one wants to admit it. What do we expect to happen if we put a bunch of guns on a table at a kindergarten class? Young kids do not want to kill anyone but eventually one of them will pull the trigger. Do we blame the toddler? Do we blame the gun? NO. We blame the dumb asses that put the guns in the class. And that is US. We all are allowing all these guns into the hands of toddlers/crazy people that will eventually blow up. What do we expect?
    Lol, reminds me of an episode of "Who is America" where real US lawmakers defend having guns in kindergarten.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave slambam 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Believe everything you see on TV

Might as well be the SBR motto
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2041

As long as the NRA has no influence in the White House or Govt. we got nothing to worry about.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Believe everything you see on TV

Might as well be the SBR motto
    Never watch TV, heard one day that it will be watching me. Science fiction garbage.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Question; Why don't you carry again anymore? Answer; Don't want to shoot anyone.

BOA12

I have some ideas but you have so many people that get vehement if you mention ANYTHING that sounds like you want gun control. It's like they are brain washed and they go to the other extreme. They want us to give little babies guns too. It's weird.
    Was Archie Bunkers' plan to stop hijacking; arm all passengers.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Too much negativity in the world. Politically this country is a nightmare. Everything you see it's just people bitching and pointing fingers. Nobody gives a shit about one another and no respect is given.
    With US or Against seems to be the only choices They want to offer. Who are These guys, and how the hell do They survive?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

BAN guns

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Heard that at least one of the people that was at the club was also at the concert during the Las Vegas shooting.
    Poor guy couldn't catch a break. Maybe it's like the movie Final Destination for him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Tempted to go out and apply for a carry and conceal permit now.. My brother in law has one, carries a his fire arm in an ankle holster daily...

Intense screening for carry and conceal permits as California has some of the toughest gun laws in the Country.. I'd pass all the tests.. I just have to give a legit reason why I need it and that's where I might slip up.. I don't like to lie.. I don't go into bad areas for work anymore and I don't carry large sums of cash either.. I might apply anyways and get it though.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Gotta be a lot of Ian Long's out there. Feel bad for em.

Always afraid someone with my name will do something bad.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Tempted to go out and apply for a carry and conceal permit now.. My brother in law has one, carries a his fire arm in an ankle holster daily...

Intense screening for carry and conceal permits as California has some of the toughest gun laws in the Country.. I'd pass all the tests.. I just have to give a legit reason why I need it and that's where I might slip up.. I don't like to lie.. I don't go into bad areas for work anymore and I don't carry large sums of cash either.. I might apply anyways and get it though.

Lmao...stop dreaming Jibby. You'll be the first one gone at any sign of danger(nothing wrong with that).

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave bigtymer56 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^ lol at that Seinfeld gif..

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Gotta be a lot of Ian Long's out there. Feel bad for em.

Always afraid someone with my name will do something bad.
    Why the hell do the news outlets say that they don't want to promote the shooter and won't say his name YET they keep saying his fukking name?

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    You might enjoy seeing your tax dollars go towards housing people who kill and get to live in jail but I dont

Like you know where your tax dollars go

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

In mexico guns are illegal. move there. same with Chicago and Baltimore lol

jjgold

Taking guns away would solve the problem. Every other developed nation in the world has strict gun control and zero mass shootings. If we continue to do nothing within twenty years the number of gun deaths will rise from 30K to 100K a year.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

mass shootings are a very tiny part of total gun deaths. Baltimore, Chicago, st louis, and new Orleans account for like over half of all shooting deaths anyways. without them we'd already be as low as other white countries like finland , Switzerland, etc.

jjgold

Good point spro

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    mass shootings are a very tiny part of total gun deaths. Baltimore, Chicago, st louis, and new Orleans account for like over half of all shooting deaths anyways. without them we'd already be as low as other white countries like finland , Switzerland, etc.
    Fukk off with your racist rant. People get gunned down all over the world every damn day. A bullet doesn't have a color. Tell the people who have to identify their dead kids this afternoon in this shooting or the parents at Sandy Hook that their kids deaths were a tiny part of gun death. You pathetic mutherfukkker.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    Yup 12 probably die every day with gang related shootings in LA and Chicago...

We live in a violent world.. Is what it is.. People snap...

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 448

Very sad to see one of my Marine brothers go down this dark road. I can only hope that other vets keep an eye out for one another, and guide those who are troubled to the proper treatment so that these types of tragedies are avoided.

Mac4Lyfe

Yup 12 probably die every day with gang related shootings in LA and Chicago...
    We live in a violent world.. Is what it is.. People snap...
    What does that have to do with these murders or the ones last week? While I care about gang related shootings, they really do not effect me or my friends and family. Those are isolated killings kept in gang infested communities. But these mass shootings affect everyone. They are haphazard, has no rhyme or reason and can happen anywhere at anytime. At school, work, church a synagogue. These are worst than terrorist. I don't care about the Taliban, Al Queda, what have you. It's these crazy ass people living among us gunning innocent people down that are most troubling. You send your kids to school and they get shot up.

Any shooting is a shame but when innocent people are getting gunned down it's a damn shame.

First 12345 ... Last