Screenshot-2018-12-05-21-28-41

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You can’t be good all the time it’s impossible sports

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

I took over 5.5, avoiding picking a side...

Yay!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

The Downfall Of The Chicago Blackhawks

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Their massive contracts (Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Crawford) are not worth what they're paying anymore and you see it affect all other lines. Their offense is doing okay, but the defense is just not there when it needs to be. Any new players they grow or get, they immediately have to trade for future value or the make current cap space. As as a fan, I was hoping the defense could figure it out over the next season or two for some competitive play until the NMC are up on Keith, Seab, and Toews...but even that seems to be not possible.

This group did well a long time, but i gotta imagine they let bowman go for giving these deals (with awful NMC) through 2020. The defensive cliff is really hard to watch some nights when a 10+ year vet cant clear the puck on routine plays.

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23647

they caught another bad beat v ducks....hit the iron 4 times.

midway through this game they played a lot better than recent performances........they've hit bottom but they are better than their record show..........expect them to shift the dismal run of late.

keely85
    Update your status

Cincy, just perma bet the other team to score first...teams are crushing them in period 1 and 3

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by keely85 View Post
    Cincy, just perma bet the other team to score first...teams are crushing them in period 1 and 3
    i took the ducks and the over 5.5 so i was happy with the result, i figured with chicago giving up at least 3 goals in last 11 road games surely couldn't lose anahiem and the over

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You can’t be good all the time it’s impossible sports
    Wrong: See Patriots, New England and Crimson Tide, Alabama.

I was on the Ducks, but stayed away from the total, DD in hockey forum was on the under. Hawks were pathetic.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

I just think the Black hawks are stale now. They were so good for so long. Maybe the will to win has been lost. LA looks similar this year

keely85
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Wrong: See Patriots, New England and Crimson Tide, Alabama.

I was on the Ducks, but stayed away from the total, DD in hockey forum was on the under. Hawks were pathetic.
    Not sure you can compare schools like Alabama or Clemson that get the absolute best players every year. This analogy is horrifically flawed.

As for the Pats, you're starting to see what life will be like now that Brady isn't MVP quality. You saw it with Manning in Denver too. They had a much better defense though. Even with the Hawks core in their primes, they couldn't win every year...just like the Pats. No chance the Pats will be the same team this post season and any going forward.

keely85
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    I just think the Black hawks are stale now. They were so good for so long. Maybe the will to win has been lost. LA looks similar this year
    I think it takes a toll playing so much longer every season. Gotta imagine the Pens start to fall off too once Crosby slows down more. Think the Preds are already feeling it after the past 2 seasons. Life catches up with us all.

But the Hawks are no bueno now...and it makes my 1/3 season ticket package sad

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NHL changing a little

Pro sports so much tougher to stay on top, Brady is unique

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Seabrook and keith should have retired last year

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

They're old and old fashioned. Hawks, Blues and Kings need to dump and rebuild. Arizona is almost better than them LOL. Hard to figure out who the sh1ttiest team in the west is now. Vancouver maybe.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineSpecial View Post
    They're old and old fashioned. Hawks, Blues and Kings need to dump and rebuild. Arizona is almost better than them LOL. Hard to figure out who the sh1ttiest team in the west is now. Vancouver maybe.
    Vancouver is gonna be good soon. Canada's team. They will challenge for a playoff spot this year. Young and full of talent. Hope their coach is the right fit. They started off well but have fallen lately but not due to lack of effort.

keely85
    Update your status

in 2 years the next draft will ruin everything lol

Keith and Seabrook arent even that old, just goes to show u how bad those contracts were.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

in 2 years the next draft will ruin everything lol

Keith and Seabrook arent even that old, just goes to show u how bad those contracts were.
    No but they have played a lot of minutes when they were young, new they are paying the price.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Not sure you can compare schools like Alabama or Clemson that get the absolute best players every year. This analogy is horrifically flawed.

As for the Pats, you're starting to see what life will be like now that Brady isn't MVP quality. You saw it with Manning in Denver too. They had a much better defense though. Even with the Hawks core in their primes, they couldn't win every year...just like the Pats. No chance the Pats will be the same team this post season and any going forward.
    The end is nearer for the Patriots true, but decent chance they make it back to the Super Bowl this year and in terms of pro sports(especially parity seeking NFL) there level of excellence is as close to forever as you can get.

keely85
    Update your status

Ya I mean the pats are a step above in team sports regards. I can’t deny that. But a lot of that was Brady and (cheating depending on where you live$ just kidding

You’re seeing it tonight. hawks play shit for a few mins give up 2 goals. Battle back out play the opponent. Then give up several goals in a short period of time for shit defensive play. I don’t even get why seabrook is out there. Just buy him out and play a rookie

1sob
    1sob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

blackheads are old Kane Toews are past their prime.
    gotta rebuild like buff