pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Their resumes are indeed not comparable. LSU played with the best teams in the country. Notre Dame played wirh the worst. Give Notre Dame SEC schedule and they will lose to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida etc. They needed a last stance at home to beat Vanderbilt for Christ's sake!

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Their resumes are indeed not comparable. LSU played with the best teams in the country. Notre Dame played wirh the worst. Give Notre Dame SEC schedule and they will lose to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida etc. They needed a last stance at home to beat Vanderbilt for Christ's sake!
    Nobody has played a tougher schedule than LSU.
    Last edited by mtneer1212; 10-30-18 at 10:33 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    If you REALLY want a 8 or 16 team playoff........ you should be rooting for Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Notre Dame to make the playoff. 3 SEC and Notre Dame would mean 4 Power conferences get shut out...... and then, you will get immediate action on playoff expansion.
    i think a few years of that would definitely push for a 6 or 8 team playoff but its basically impossible since lsu or bama would play in the cc. those year bama didnt play in the cc saban went on tv crying about how they deserved to be in and they let them in. so there is precedence twice for that. but lsu and uga cant both have 2 losses for that to happen at least 1 would need to be undefeated after the cc.
    Last edited by jtoler; 10-30-18 at 10:06 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I don't want an 8 team playoff. I don't need to see Alabama beat #8 seed Central Florida or Boise St 56-10.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

LSU got the toughest schedule in college football - take notes rook

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    LSU got the toughest schedule in college football - take notes rook
    other than playing miami that came with just being in the sec. miami wasnt good when they scheduled that game

ikid2groove415

ND mostly play PAC 12 and ACC- trash Confrence and the Big 10 was overrated

bababoyee
    bababoyee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

It doesn’t matter who is ahead of who at this point.
    If they both win out, they both make it.
    That’s all that matters.

ND getting no love in this thread.
    Personally, I think they are the 2nd best team in the country, after Bama.
    If LSU upsets Bama, ND could be your National Champions.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by bababoyee View Post
    It doesn’t matter who is ahead of who at this point.
    If they both win out, they both make it.
    That’s all that matters.

ND getting no love in this thread.
    Personally, I think they are the 2nd best team in the country, after Bama.
    If LSU upsets Bama, ND could be your National Champions.
    I like ND since the qb change, I still really think someone upsets them before end of season, my guess is usc but could happen sooner. Doesn’t mean i think they trash, just the nature of college fb. Bama only dominate team and everyone else beatable any given Saturday imo. I do think some guys judge Irish unfairly based on some ugly games before qb change..

Def agree it doesn’t make a lick of difference where teams positioned now (damn sure don’t matter where they ranked in preseason!!!), pretty much every power 5 team and ND controls their own destiny and all the ones w 1 loss pretty much still do!!!

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

In 2008, the SEC and ACC put forth the 4 team playoff. The Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, Big East and ND turned it down. I find it funny when that they now all complain there needs to be more teams in the playoffs.

ps. ND barely beat Vandy, who just won their 1st conference game against Arkansas. So...just hush.

UCF...has yet to play a team THIS YEAR with a winning record. Best record of teams they have played is Memphis who is 4-4 and that was a really close game. So...hush. You want to play big boy football...call the AD of a big boy school and schedule them.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Gotta luv ND's cupkake schedule.

Johnny Gunn
    Johnny Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

When they play Northwestern this weekend there will be more Irish fans in attendance but that won't phase NW. The grass will be a half foot long like usual so that will slow down ND's speed. NW wins the turnover battle and maybe they can pull off the upset. I got that annoying Irish fan friend that jacks off to midgets in leprechaun suits. I can't take it anymore I need them to lose!

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

In most cases I would agree but it is ND. They are frauds. If they actually make the playoff they will get massacred in the first round by anyone just like every other year. Their coach is a total clown.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We will see this weekend

If Irish win at Northwestern they are good

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Means nothing now
    Correct... LSU gotta win Saturday and in SEC Champ game. Its all in their hands

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    In 2008, the SEC and ACC put forth the 4 team playoff. The Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, Big East and ND turned it down. I find it funny when that they now all complain there needs to be more teams in the playoffs.

ps. ND barely beat Vandy, who just won their 1st conference game against Arkansas. So...just hush.

UCF...has yet to play a team THIS YEAR with a winning record. Best record of teams they have played is Memphis who is 4-4 and that was a really close game. So...hush. You want to play big boy football...call the AD of a big boy school and schedule them.
    They do, and they have. Problem is none of the power 5 schools will schedule them, certainly not a home and home. Boise St, USF, etc. had the same issues when their programs were taking off. How about the big boys accept a home and home series against some of the better non-power 5 teams instead playing the likes of the Citadel, Austin Peay, etc. No, more likely they demand a 3 game series with 2 at home, then buy out of it like Michigan St. did to USF. Not saying any of these teams would beat Alabama, but if we're pre-determining who would win, why even bother playing the games? Upsets are what makes college ball great, and these are kids, it does happen.

ikid2groove415

We will see this weekend

NW is very sneaky - wouldn’t shock me if they win - Most schools need ND 2 lose

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

We will see this weekend

Just think about that for a minute . Literally , if ND beats an average fukkin Big 10 team at home , yep , they're real . They lost to Akron at fukkin home , that's downright sad . Damn near lost to the worst team in D1 , Rutgers , but if ND beats them , they're real . ND will stomp a mudhole in them but it means nothing .
    ND is garbage , just like when they shoved them in the BCS title game vs Bama , it was over in 3 minutes flat . They're not ready to play the big boys , they'll get their shit shoved in yet again .

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    They use it to subtly set precedent, so it can matter...

And the crazy part is Alabama can punch their ticket into the CFP this weekend by....LOSING

They would finish up their schedule with Miss State, CITADEL, and Auburn and proceed to beat them in p*ssed off fashion.

Committee would give a Rat's A about strength of schedule ( they didn't care last year) and what is more, is that even though Bama seems to be historically good this year, the same would be true if they were 20% worse.

They talk about the strength of a 4 team playoff is that every week is like a playoff game, but it is it? Really. They get to decide which losses matter, what teams to reward for winning big most weeks, but losing the one tough game on schedule. This thing has gotten away from us. Has to be switched to an 8 game playoff.

* And trust me, I completely favor strength of schedule and rewarding teams with guts(THAT'S HOW WE GET GOOD GAMES IN SEPTEMBER), but it is too inexact (unfair) of a formula at this point.
    solid post and true. there is no reasonable excuse whatsoever to not have at least 6 teams. top 2 seeds get a bye. only creates one more game for 4 teams that are fighting to win a national championship. i have no idea why cfb sees the need to slowly grind the gears for 20 years before coming up with an amicable solution.

First 12