PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Wyoming line opened at +2

It's at -2.5 now. Public is on Wyoming but the money is on Col St. Sharps moving this line big time

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

i jump on col state at -1.5 dont like the movement

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheSpread View Post
    It's at -2.5 now. Public is on Wyoming but the money is on Col St. Sharps moving this line big time
    Over 80% of the money is on Wyoming, so not sure where you see money on Colorado st. I guess what you meant to say is that majority of the bets are on colorado st.

anyways, wyoming was a +ev play at small dog moneyline when it opened. Now not so much but it could very well end up winning though. col st altitude not an issue for wyoming as their hoe stadium is almost twice as above sea level of col st's

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

And what we have here is a perfect example of people who have no idea what the hell they are talking about Play the Spread says that the public is on Wyoming but the "sharps" are on Colorado State. Danwinkler says that 80% of the money is on Wyoming, indicating that everyone is on Wyoming. This is as dumb as it gets. If you look closely at the lines, you will see that Joe Pub has already been played, and that the Sharps have already won big money. How? Simple. Wyoming opens up at +120 ML. After all of the fools out there get wind of the fact that Wyoming is allegedly the "play" they start dumping on Wyoming, and now Colorado State is +130 ML. Either way, the people who played the "middle" now know that they are going to make 20 or 30 units for every 200 wagered. That is 10 or 15%, something that anyone would take, knowing that they cannot lose. Gentlemen, welcome to the "Bait and Switch", a tactic used when there are not a lot of games on the schedule and "who cares" teams from a Group of 5 Conference are playing each other. Friday Night and a 3-5 team vs a 2-6 team from the MWC fill the bill. Now you may wager and win, or wager and lose, but it matters not to the Sharps. They have already won their money. Of course, the one thing they have and you guys do not have is money. You go deep into your pockets and wager $110 to win 100. These guys wager $2000.00 to win either 200 or 300. Either way, it is more than you are going to win. And remember, they CANNOT lose.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 10-26-18 at 05:10 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who cares what the public or sharps like. You think the sharps and public are never in agreement? What if the sharps like the public? Will they bet against themselves or pick the winner?

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

Since when did the public start betting games early?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cubs2016

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

I swear I just saw Wyoming -5 while walking home and now -3.5.

I took Col St +3.5. I'd like to see it close at +2.5
    Last edited by flakeandbake; 10-26-18 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo (say vs saw)

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    I swear I just say Wyoming -5 while walking home and now -3.5.

I took Col St +3.5. I'd like to see it close at +2.5
    this .. game as a fix in

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    this .. game as a fix in
    Huh? I meant to say "I swear I just saw"*

flakeandbake

- I'm seeing a split: 60% of tickets on Col St spread / 63% of tickets on WYO ml (sportsinsights.com/ncaaf)
    - Also seeing 60% of tickets on Col St spread and 50/50% of tickets on WYO ml (pregame.com)

- % of $ bet on the Spread
    59% of the total cash being bet on the spread is being bet on Col St spread

- % of $ bet on the Money Line
    91% of the total $ laid on the money line is on WYO

Haven't seen this many times before. Feel like this one has to go one way or the other since books lose extra $ on a WYO win that’s < 3 pt margin of victory. This could be steam and sharps setting up Col St but I need to see where this goes from now until close (currently -3). However, if it is not steam I think sharps are betting something like $20,000 WYO ml +120 (as it opened) and roughly $5,000-7,000 Col St spread. I don't think anyone is going for a pure middle here. I think that would be foolish to think that the house gets crushed both ways

Cubs2016
    Cubs2016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5307

I have Wyoming -1 and have been waiting for Colorado St. +3.5. Seen it pop up but then gone. Should I hedge at 3 or just ride Wyoming?

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    And what we have here is a perfect example of people who have no idea what the hell they are talking about Play the Spread says that the public is on Wyoming but the "sharps" are on Colorado State. Danwinkler says that 80% of the money is on Wyoming, indicating that everyone is on Wyoming. This is as dumb as it gets.
    True - Play the Spread has no clue what he's talking about
    False - Danwinker is correct in saying that 80% of the money (cash) is being placed on WYO, inferring that 80% of the total amount of money being bet on the game is coming in on WYO. [Even though it's actually 91% of money on WYO money line and 59% on Col St spread - he has the right idea.]

The amount of money (or % of money) is unrelated to the public (% of tickets) being bet on the game. Danwinker saying > 80% of the money is on WYO means if there is $100,000 in total wagers on this game $80,000 of it is on WYO. That has nothing to do with the % of tickets being placed. This could be 1 person placing 80 k or hundreds of people amounting to 80 k.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

And what we have here is a perfect example of people who have no idea what the hell they are talking about Play the Spread says that the public is on Wyoming but the "sharps" are on Colorado State. Danwinkler says that 80% of the money is on Wyoming, indicating that everyone is on Wyoming. This is as dumb as it gets. If you look closely at the lines, you will see that Joe Pub has already been played, and that the Sharps have already won big money. How? Simple. Wyoming opens up at +120 ML. After all of the fools out there get wind of the fact that Wyoming is allegedly the "play" they start dumping on Wyoming, and now Colorado State is +130 ML. Either way, the people who played the "middle" now know that they are going to make 20 or 30 units for every 200 wagered. That is 10 or 15%, something that anyone would take, knowing that they cannot lose. Gentlemen, welcome to the "Bait and Switch", a tactic used when there are not a lot of games on the schedule and "who cares" teams from a Group of 5 Conference are playing each other. Friday Night and a 3-5 team vs a 2-6 team from the MWC fill the bill. Now you may wager and win, or wager and lose, but it matters not to the Sharps. They have already won their money. Of course, the one thing they have and you guys do not have is money. You go deep into your pockets and wager $110 to win 100. These guys wager $2000.00 to win either 200 or 300. Either way, it is more than you are going to win. And remember, they CANNOT lose.
    I’m curious if you have any friends anywhere? It so comical when you talk bout middles after the fact as if you knew where line would go and aLways get in on both sides.. funniest thing Is you don’t bet bases and you can arb them and manipulate lines every day to do so. You ain’t the only one here who understands this shit even tho you like to pretend that is the case.

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs2016 View Post
    I have Wyoming -1 and have been waiting for Colorado St. +3.5. Seen it pop up but then gone. Should I hedge at 3 or just ride Wyoming?
    Idk - I have 2 issues with this game.

1. WYO ml appears "sharp" based on the open vs close and the fact that public is on Col St spread. However, I would want to see 60% of the public on both the money line and the spread with this movement. Instead, public is on Col St and WYO money line.

This happens a lot of the time but very rarely does the line go from + to - in this situation.

2. WYO appears to be getting steamed back down. I saw them +5 on bookmaker and then +3.5 and then +3 shortly after. However, I respect that WYO is holding strong as a fav and respect the 3 points. I would want to see this close at +2.5 or +1.5 to really think WYO was steam and to take Col St.

I would honestly just go small on this game unless you have a major lean and keep my original play whether it be Col St or WYO

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I’m curious if you have any friends anywhere? It so comical when you talk bout middles after the fact as if you knew where line would go and aLways get in on both sides.. funniest thing Is you don’t bet bases and you can arb them and manipulate lines every day to do so. You ain’t the only one here who understands this shit even tho you like to pretend that is the case.
    HAHAHA hit the nail on the head with that one St. Louie. BigDaddy aka GOAT troll aka CEO of Hindsight Capital. A constant ferris wheel of a bad time

Get fuxked BigDaddy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Maybe not a ton of money on these games therefore line moves ??

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Maybe not a ton of money on these games therefore line moves ??
    I'd say generally? But here I do think a decent amount of $ is behind this move

I like this game because I think it goes one way or the other. I'm just unsure if it's real or steam.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

pass, two worthless teams

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 877

Wow. This.... guy. Show us your bankroll pal! You talk too much. I already know your response.

flakeandbake

[131] LOUISIANA TECH + 3 ½ - 115 LOUISIANA TECH @ FLORIDA ATLANTIC
    [116] BOSTON COLLEGE + 4 - 110 MIAMI FLORIDA @ BOSTON COLLEGE
    [118] MINNESOTA U + 115 INDIANA @ MINNESOTA U
    [122] COLORADO STATE + 3 ½ - 115 WYOMING @ COLORADO STATE
    [119] UTAH - 425 UTAH @ UCLA
    33 497

This was a total prayer but now I actually care. My initial read was Col St but I'm hedging small with both WYO and Utah +11. Not going to lie I could see UCLA pulling some bullshit but I hope that's just my nerves.

Skooter99
    Skooter99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Solid play Flake. Get em

flakeandbake

I'm buggin lol.
    Last edited by flakeandbake; 10-26-18 at 09:18 PM.

flakeandbake

WTF I thought the ground cannot cause a fumble in BOTH the NFL and NCAAF? Are the rules any different?

WYO got screwed on that not that I care

flakeandbake

WYO -.5 2H (-3.5 game). Starting to look like some sharp really did play the middle on this. Must be nice to be that sharp and work lines like that. Still a lot of game

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Since when did the public start betting games early?
    Since never
    Points Awarded:

flakeandbake gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheSpread View Post
    Took me too late to realize that play the spread read this entirely wrong and laid it out on a platter. The post is too confusing since it's mixed up but he's saying he thinks sharps are on Col St. Whenever squares mix that up it's a slaughter fest. I still think the man behind the move has $20,000 WYO ml +120 and $5,000-7,000 Col St spread. Maybe this is all a riddle... hence the tag "play the spread" lol

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Anyone on the Under

What a bad beat