stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

^
    We are going to agree to disagree here.
    Bark was a great first round draft pick, I love the kid, he's a fighter, he handles himself with dignity and grace.
    He's a legit stud, but I am not going to label him the best player in the NFL just yet.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    i'm happy that you can be objective about barkley, shady...as he does come from rape children U

is he on your fantasy team or are you a giants fan? this doesn't make sense coming from you
    Neither, I wish I had Barkley. Lots of Giants fans here, Barkley went first in keeper leagues and lots of$$ in auction leagues for me

We have a few Penn rape alums in our circle of friends so there is quite a bit of comical trolling that goes on frequently

Nothing personal reigle, that situation was an easy slam dunk I've witnessed countless times in the past few yrs

Nyg native but not blind or subjective. Barkley it's about as easy of a slam dunk stud as there is. I said Nick Chubb could be nearly as good as Barkley if given the chance in anther thread this past summer. Mac4lyfe, browns homer thought I was nuts but I'm glad he's getting a shot now

And for the record I've got gurley as a keeper and I firmly believe both Barkley and David Johnson are better running backs from an NFL standpoint

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Barry sanders and many otter hall of fame runners proved they do not get teams into winning situations

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    2 Super Bowls
    He had a fantastic 2007 post season, mediocre regular season but lit it up big time 2007 post season. Mad props for that post season, nobody can take that away from him, however that was 11 years ago.
    2011 Giants it wasn't just Eli, defense played great in post season too.

Rivers Chargers always had shitty defenses, and the only real offensive weapon he had was Tomlinson, and a talented TE Antonio Gates.
    Riddle me this, put Eli on those Charger teams and Rivers on those Giants teams do you think he'd have more than two rings?
    p.s. Rivers played well in the nine post season games he's played in.
    Giants defense has always been light years ahead of the Chargers defenses.

Eli is a class act, handles himself with dignity, always says the right thing, I repect that.
    But know this, his interception rate is awful.
    And in this league of what have you done for me lately since that Wild Card game loss to the Packers Eli and the Giants are 4 and 20.
    Chew on that for a moment, 4 and 20 are expansion team records, they are Cleveland Browns records.
    It's not going to end well for Eli, he's either going to be released, or traded, but it's not going to be a happy ending.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    He had a fantastic 2007 post season, mediocre regular season but lit it up big time 2007 post season. Mad props for that post season, nobody can take that away from him, however that was 11 years ago.

Rivers Chargers always had shitty defenses, and the only real offensive weapon he had was Tomlinson, and a talented TE Antonio Gates.
    Riddle me this, put Eli on those Charger teams and Rivers on those Giants teams do you think he'd have more than two rings?

Eli is a class act, handles himself with dignity, always says the right thing, I repect that.
    And in this league of what have you done for me lately since that Wild Card game loss to the Packers Eli and the Giants are 4 and 20.
    Chew on that for a moment, 4 and 20 are expansion team records, they are Cleveland Browns records.
    It's not going to end well for Eli, he's either going to be released, or traded, but it's not going to be a happy ending.
    so rivers had a HOF running back and HOF tight end and its the defenses fault he has no ring ?

lol manning didnt have that and those giant defenses were nothing spectacular

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    so rivers had a HOF running back and HOF tight end and its the defenses fault he has no ring ?

lol manning didnt have that and those giant defenses were nothing spectacular
    look at the offensive line Eli won with in 2011... fukin comical how much credit they'll give everyone else on that team when the line was absolute ass and the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. meanwhile Eli throws for 5k yards and was an assassin in the 4th quarter but yeah, he had nothing to do with it.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Finish this year 1-15 and then draft Herbert

Would not be a bad nucleus with Herbert-Saquon-OBJ and Engram

And Herbert could bring out best in OBJ with his excellent deep ball
    Herbert is staying in school. Brother committed to Oregon and plays tight end

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Rivers is head and shoulders better than Eli.

All you Eli nuthuggers talk about his bad oline, Rivers has had awful olines pretty much his entire career. Something many of you fail to see or mention are the franchises the play for. The Giants are one of the better run stable franchises(not the past couple of years) and the Chargers arguably have the worst owners in all of sports. Rivers has succeeded in spite of the franchise. Think of all the historically awful special teams units the Chargers have had over the years and well as their kickers missing clutch field goal after clutch field goal.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26347

Rivers will never win a Superbowl, which is the only thing that matters.

Obviously it is time for Eli to retire, Giants need to improve the o-line and get a QB next draft.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post

Obviously it is time for Eli to retire, Giants need to improve the o-line and get a QB next draft.
    they should trade Janoris Jenkins and Olivier Vernon at this point. get some value back for the contracts

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

you are probably right but many great players have never won a Superbowl.

It's a major accomplishment but it is not the only thing that matters.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

No qb has ever single handedly won a SB. Rivers would have at least 2 if he played for gmen and Eli played for chargers. Please tell me you not suggesting Eli would have won SB’s with Chargers?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Rivers is head and shoulders better than Eli.

All you Eli nuthuggers talk about his bad oline, Rivers has had awful olines pretty much his entire career. Something many of you fail to see or mention are the franchises the play for. The Giants are one of the better run stable franchises(not the past couple of years) and the Chargers arguably have the worst owners in all of sports. Rivers has succeeded in spite of the franchise. Think of all the historically awful special teams units the Chargers have had over the years and well as their kickers missing clutch field goal after clutch field goal.
    Besides Gates, look at what Rivers had to throw to.
    Guys like Chris Chambers, and Malcom Floyd, Danny Woodhead, Hall of Famers all I tell you.

stevenash

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl, Randy Moss has never won a Super Bowl, Jim Kelly has never won a Super Bowl, neither has Barry Sanders, does that make all those players irrelevant?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl, Randy Moss has never won a Super Bowl, Jim Kelly has never won a Super Bowl, neither has Barry Sanders, does that make all those players irrelevant?
    still don't know how Wes Welker went to 3 SUperbowls and didn't win one catching passes from Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I'm not a huge Manning or NYG fan and haven't watched them much lately. That being said, I do remember Eli being able to move around in the pocket A LOT better than he did last night. It's as if he had on concrete shoes. The pocket would break down and he started smirking and whining at his O-line before he was on the ground. I get it that he's aging but I've seen plenty of old QBs be able to at least slip a tackle or two. It's also funny because he really looks to be in good shape and capable of moving well.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Trade for Carr ( A 2nd rounder should do it) and draft a couple o lineman early. Offense would be looking pretty good, really fast.

stevenash

Those two QB sneaks Eli attempted at the end of the game were epic I tell ya what?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    They'll get a QB in next year's draft.

Derek Carr will probably be available soon too.
    Great Derek Carr. A mistake waiting to happen

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    No qb has ever single handedly won a SB. Rivers would have at least 2 if he played for gmen and Eli played for chargers. Please tell me you not suggesting Eli would have won SB’s with Chargers?
    Bullshit i will never forget the performance Trent Dilferd put up the whole season and the Super Bowl to singlehandedly carry the Ravens to a Super Bowl victory

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Great Derek Carr. A mistake waiting to happen
    Agreed, draft a NCAA stud QB and groom him.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Trade for Carr ( A 2nd rounder should do it) and draft a couple o lineman early. Offense would be looking pretty good, really fast.
    Derek carr stinks

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

OBJ=locker room killer

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Derek carr stinks
    Agreed, nobody should pick him up.
    Raiders are on the hook for this guy

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Just stop goat
    Stop what?

Do whatever the f I want.

Say whatever the f I want.

Legend on this forum.

2018 status for you?

Bedtime.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Derek carr stinks
    Better than Eli

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Better than Eli
    going to be more expensive in the long run. and whats the point of paying a qb when the team is in fire sale mode. Especially when cap space now rolls over to the next year. THeyve structured Eli's deal so his cap hit isn't burdening the team. would be stupid to take on a liability like Derek Carr who gets injured easily.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Stop what?

Do whatever the f I want.

Say whatever the f I want.

Legend on this forum.

2018 status for you?

Bedtime.
    You mean a dumb fck? That thinks QB are easy 2 find ?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    You mean a dumb fck? That thinks QB are easy 2 find ?
    you think there won't be a good qb coming out in the next two years? are they going to stop coaching the position? just going to run the wildcat in college from here on out?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

one more game if they lose Manning has to be done

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    did you make this thread specifically for me to call you a retarded \*\*\*\*\*\*?

which qb? arent they all buried except for darnold, who is a fruitloop and will eventually implode

barkley is the best player in the nfl, just draft a competent qb this coming year...i really really wanted to like the oregon qb but he's about 14yo and needs another year

everyone else sucks, idk what they should do...they're just buried i guess
    What is wrong with you? Barkley is not even the best RB in the NFL. Not even close. I am telling you for the last time. Penn State SUCKS. Their HC and players are all over rated. Barkley will not last 5 years before injuries take him out. That is the M.O. of Penn State players. I see that you are too afraid to go back to the College Room, so I will let you have it here. You are a fool. An absolute fool. You run every time Penn State loses, which is getting to be more and more frequent. Penn State is finished as a Big 10 contender and YOU are finished as a poster. Now go find another place to cry. You are the biggest Chicken S**t in here.

turkkatarian
    turkkatarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17675

Giants should send ELI to the Jags for a 4th rounder.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by turkkatarian View Post
    Giants should send ELI to the Jags for a 4th rounder.
    Or Buffalo.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Or Buffalo.
    2 rings and you do that to the guy?

stevenash

2 rings and you do that to the guy?
    He has a 4 and 20 record since the wild card game loss to the Packers.
    He's a pick six waiting to happen, he's immobile, he holds the ball way to long, look at his eyes it's as if he doesn't even know where he is at times. What do you want to do with him?
    The Giants will never be relevant again with Eli under center.
    This is a business, ever see the Godfather? Nothing personal Eli, it's just business.
    Willie Mays was worshiped in SF, they sent him off because they knew he was done.
    Same with Johnny Unitas, the list of former great athletes that were sent packing because they were spent is endless.
    You don't keep Eli because what he did 10 years ago if he's not going to help you win.
    Once again, it's a business, he's smart enough to know this.

First 123 Last