flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

He is going to make a run in the league. I think he can make a team

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    He is going to make a run in the league. I think he can make a team
    At 40 I don't think so.. Guy probably can't run away fast enough today to get away from the cops after he commits his next violent crime.. ..

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Based all on the word of Watkins... Unless Carruth was a total dumbass, why would he pay a guy to kill someone and drive in the same damn car?

Plus, why would Carruth kill his baby mama over a BABY? That makes ZERO sense. All these guys are knocking up girls all over the country. NONE of them resort to killing them just to save a few dollars. He did not kill her over her keeping the baby. That bullshit does not compute. So what was the motive? Her drug ties to Watkins is much more plausible.
    You thought OJ probably didn't do it either, right?

I'm beginning to sense a trend here.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    At 40 I don't think so.. Guy probably can't run away fast enough today to get away from the cops after he commits his next violent crime.. ..
    I am in his fan club. I have been writing him all these years. He is in the best shape of his life. He is going to give it a run and see what comes out of it. He has devoted his life to the Muslim faith and has repented. He is in a good place in his life. His goal is just to play 1 season in the NFL. He hopes to start but at least just make the team to satisfy his own personal goals. Good luck to you Rae Rae!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I am in his fan club. I have been writing him all these years. He is in the best shape of his life. He is going to give it a run and see what comes out of it. He has devoted his life to the Muslim faith and has repented. He is in a good place in his life. His goal is just to play 1 season in the NFL. He hopes to start but at least just make the team to satisfy his own personal goals. Good luck to you Rae Rae!
    Now I hate him even more.. Go to jail and become an angry Muslim when you come out same old story.. Shades of Mike Tyson when he came out of prison.. Full of hate.. Probably hates white people now and in the end he is still just a murderer that killed the mother of his child and almost killed his own child then after..

Have fun with your aged old converted Muslim friend though if your story is true..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rae_Carruth

Oh and he's 44 years old today. He's not making any team especially in the NFL any time soon. He should be in prison for the rest of his life.. He took a life out of greed. Bottom line.. He's lucky to be a free man today..

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

How bads his son

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    How bads his son

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    How bads his son
    Pretty much a vegetable.

It's a horrible story.
    Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave The Giant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by beavis13 View Post
    Agree the procecution ****** up the case and the defense pounced. Not sure I agree that they usually get it right. In the end as someone who in general keeps his nose clean I hope you’re right.
    They had his fuggin DNA. It was revenge for Rodney King

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

i had the same visions of him going in as coming out, i think he still wears the same head condom thing

reigle9

rappers are always trying to pretend to be mafia, here's your shot

come on puffy, be a don

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

he never got a shank in the neck in prison? shame

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

I saw a lot of the trial and I still do not know if he hired the 2 guys to kill her. It made no sense and why would he go to the hospital to see her? Also, when a guy tries to flee, in many cases it's because he's actually innocent. Maybe it will all come out one day but the big boy who accused him had zero credibility.
    I love online posters...You can't take your blinders off.
    I read "a lot" of the 4 Volumes of "Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery" so maybe I will step into the operating room tomorrow morning.
    ~~~~~~
    After spending the last 17 years in a North Carolina prison for conspiring to murder his pregnant girlfriend in 2001, former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth has broken his silence to take responsibility for the murder and stated his desire to gain custody of his teenage son who was born premature and suffered brain damage as a result of the fatal shooting.

Carruth, 44, was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in prison after being found guilty of hiring Van Brett Watkins and Michael Kennedy to murder Cherica Adams, who was 29 weeks pregnant with Carruth's child at the time. Watkins shot Adams four times and was ultimately sentenced to a minimum of 40 years in prison while Kennedy, who drove the car, was released in 2011.
    Carruth and Adams's son, Chancellor Lee Adams, was born 10 weeks premature in an emergency C-section. All four bullets missed him, but because Cherica Adams was losing blood, Chancellor sustained permanent brain damage and cerebral palsy after being without oxygen for 70 minutes before he was born.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Hard to believe it s been 17 yrs, remember all the details when it broke

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hopefully if he meets his son it will totally change him

Its a terrible story period and he has a second chance here to try and be a good person

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

he might get a contract soon to play cfl
    much welcomed

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hopefully if he meets his son it will totally change him

Its a terrible story period and he has a second chance here to try and be a good person
    I'm not so sure this guy deserves a second chance in life.. He's left a woman dead and his own son a veggie today.. The dead woman can't be given a second chance, the kid never had a chance to be born normal because of Rae Carruth's evil deeds...

I'm all for second chances in life but not when murder is committed for money. I don't agree with giving cold blooded murderers second chances as it's not fair to the families that lost their loved ones. Especially when lives are stolen away because of selfish greed like this.. This dude should have never been released from prison... Should have gotten life without parole..

jjgold

I wonder what he will do?

I doubt he can get a job

Back on streets dealing?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    much welcomed
    TO couldnt get a gig in the CFL,why would this clown.

reigle9

I wonder what he will do?

I doubt he can get a job

Back on streets dealing?
    i never "got" the jj shift thing until now

last shift was some huge \*\*\*\*\*\* i wanted to punch, figured it was orders coming down from 5d

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He should be shot the minute he exits.....that simple...
    I'm not so sure this guy deserves a second chance in life.. He's left a woman dead and his own son a veggie today.. The dead woman can't be given a second chance, the kid never had a chance to be born normal because of Rae Carruth's evil deeds...

I'm all for second chances in life but not when murder is committed for money. I don't agree with giving cold blooded murderers second chances as it's not fair to the families that lost their loved ones. Especially when lives are stolen away because of selfish greed like this.. This dude should have never been released from prison... Should have gotten life without parole..

reigle9

i know this was essentially copy/pasted from somewhere but yeah

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    After spending the last 17 years in a North Carolina prison for conspiring to murder his pregnant girlfriend in 2001, former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth has broken his silence to take responsibility for the murder and stated his desire to gain custody of his teenage son who was born premature and suffered brain damage as a result of the fatal shooting.
    I'm reading some of his comments and it does look like he is saying that he arranged the hit. He said because he wouldn't have an abortion but not because he would have to pay child support?? Isn't that the same thing? Now, is he just saying this so that he can get out of jail? Many guys end up admitting to a crime in order to be released. I can only take his word for it here that he did it.

But at the time of the case, I had no clue if Carruth was guilty or innocent. I wasn't there BUT I saw the trial and there were holes all over the prosecutions case. The jury got emotionally swayed by hearing Adam's scream out Carruth's name as if she was calling out Rosebud in Citizen Kane. I didn't find Watkins testimony credible AT ALL and they based their case on his word versus Carruths.

I get back to motive. Why? To kill his baby mama? How many times have you seen an athlete murder his girlfriend over a baby? I've never seen it. They just bite the bullet and pay the bill. Why would he mastermind shooting her, be in the car next to her, then show up at the hospital where she could have identified him? Was he sadistic and stupid? I guess so but something does not add up.

reigle9

mac cokk size...o/u 4'

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    much welcomed
    I don't know if this is an attempt to be funny or you're clueless.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    i know this was essentially copy/pasted from somewhere but yeah
    No it wasn't.. That came right from my brain and the way I feel.. I don't copy and paste stuff like that pal... That's on my word...

jjgold

He threw away a whole NFL career

Now he has nothing

Wonder where he staying

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Now he has nothing

Wonder where he staying
    I'm not so sure he has nothing.. Those NFL pay checks were big for him right before he got locked up.. Seemed like a stingy bastard if he wacked his wife to avoid paying child support and aliphony....

He probably has some of that money invested or saved up if I had to guess.. Can't really spend it in jail unless he gave it all to his family... Who knows?

Mac4Lyfe

I'm not so sure he has nothing.. Those NFL pay checks were big for him right before he got locked up.. Seemed like a stingy bastard if he wacked his wife to avoid paying child support and aliphony....

He probably has some of that money invested or saved up if I had to guess.. Can't really spend it in jail unless he gave it all to his family... Who knows?
    One thing all lawyers know how to do is to bleed you dry with legal fees. I’d make a pretty large wager his family and his lawyers have blown through every dime.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

One thing all lawyers know how to do is to bleed you dry with legal fees. I’d make a pretty large wager his family and his lawyers have blown through every dime.
    True that with appeals and what not.. Can't argue your logic there Mac!!

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

her 911 call tells it all .. case closed

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Your not kidding, that's what they do best....

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    her 911 call tells it all .. case closed
    The 911 call sounded like she indicted Carruth BUT she might have been telling the operator that her and Carruth were both getting shot at. She was frantic and not clear in her call.

Once again, if she was implicating Carruth while he was driving next to her why in the hell would he show up at the hospital? That does not make sense.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Now he has nothing

Wonder where he staying
    Probably his moms,if she's still alive.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'd say this guy is even worse then OJ..

- OJ clearly killed out of jealousy, it's like if I can't have you no one can!!! I'll kill you and your little white boy friend in a fit of rage..

- Now this guy Rae killed out of pure greed, biiiiitch you aborting then I'm gonna have you and the baby killed.. I ain't paying no child support and alimony!!!

First 123 Last