JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    one of the best deep ball qbs, have u seen his arm, one of the weakest in the league, all rivers does is short crossing routes he can't throw the ball deep or on a line i think his shoulder is messed up
    you really shouldn't chime in about topics that you are clueless about.

no point going on, we are not going to change each other's minds so agree to disagree and have a nice weekend.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    you really shouldn't chime in about topics that you are clueless about.

no point going on, we are not going to change each other's minds so agree to disagree and have a nice weekend.
    guess i'm not the only one who sees phillip rivers weak arm

i know ur from san diego area so u are prob biased

PHILIP RIVERS, CHARGERS

Biggest weakness: Arm strength
    Rivers is a 36-year-old playing in a 40-year-old’s body. Maybe it’s all the hits he’s taken over the years. Whatever the case may be, he’s had a tendency to fade over the second half in recent seasons, mostly due to a weak arm that doesn’t allow him to make those tight-window throws downfield.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/06/nfl...-aaron-rodgers

NFL coach on Philip Rivers: He has everything but a big-time arm

"He's got everything, but he does not have the big-time arm, and I have not given anyone a 1 who did not have a real arm," a head coach said anonymously. "I have never seen a guy make up for a lack of arm strength as well as him. There are balls he has thrown so early that look so bad and you're like, 'What?' The linebacker is here and the receiver is here and he throws this f------ duck all the way over here and you are like, 'Are you kidding?' He has had some anticipation throws like none other."

https://247sports.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/Bolt/NFL-coach-on-Philip-Rivers-He-has-everything-but-a-big-time-arm-38334564/

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Has their ever been a quarterback that has 2 rings + started in both championships that ISN'T in the hall?

JAKEPEAVY21

throughout his career, deep ball passing has been one of his strengths

he is older now and the offensive philosophy has changed so he is not asked to do it as much now

earlier is his career he was always in the top percentile of yards per pass attempt

his arm is plenty strong enough

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Has their ever been a quarterback that has 2 rings + started in both championships that ISN'T in the hall?
    Don't know, but there's a first for everything. 2 rings should not be an auto qualifier.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

cwnotorious

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Don't know, but there's a first for everything. 2 rings should not be an auto qualifier.
    I mean the fact that he was the qb for both chips will land him in the hall but I don't necessarily disagree with ur auto qualifier point. We have to use discretion in this case, 2 years just isn't enough sample size.

JAKEPEAVY21

I mean the fact that he was the qb for both chips will land him in the hall but I don't necessarily disagree with ur auto qualifier point. We have to use discretion in this case, 2 years just isn't enough sample size.
    look at the rest of his career other than those 2 miracle SB runs(due to the Giant's defense)

he has rarely if ever been a top 10 qb in any year he has played and that is being kind...in reality he has been a middle-bottom tier guy his whole career.

cwnotorious

I would also add that he had a smashmouth running game for both chips he won

pet2150
    pet2150's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

No he is not. Please retire

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

Lucky us! Giants play the Falcons on Monday Night Football (10/22). We can keep this thread going!
    On a side note, I hope the Niners/Giants game can be flexed. They play on MNF too (11/12).

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

he'll get in, no way they would keep him out manning name helps a lot and 2 rings. if it was baseball they would critique his resume to death or if he was a wr. being likable helps a lot too

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Been saying this for a while. I have felt like Eli's days are numbered.

I'm not going to question the Barkley selection, b/c he is LEGIT. But the Giants should have had a plan w/ next "QB in-waiting."

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Been saying this for a while. I have felt like Eli's days are numbered.

I'm not going to question the Barkley selection, b/c he is LEGIT. But the Giants should have had a plan w/ next "QB in-waiting."
    Im starting to agree with radio guys and what guys say here about a drafting rb's high. barkley is dynamic but they prob should have drafted a qb, you can get a decent to good rb lower or through trade, rb mostly depends on how good your offensive line is anyway. o.j. simpson sucked for 5 years behind a horrible offensive line.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

How is he not??

Sure the last 6 years have been forgetful but hes still top 10 all time in many passing categories, one of the best 4th quarter QBs ever.. 2 super b MVPs.. come on

He will get there

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Im starting to agree with radio guys and what guys say here about a drafting rb's high. barkley is dynamic but they prob should have drafted a qb, you can get a decent to good rb lower or through trade, rb mostly depends on how good your offensive line is anyway. o.j. simpson sucked for 5 years behind a horrible offensive line.
    Lol
    Typical toler post
    In his 4th year OJ rushed for 1250 yds
    In his 5th year he rushed for the infamous 2003 yds

Do you just post ridiculous things every post just to piss me off??
    It's working

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Eli is regressing like Tony Romo did.. Getting worse with age for sure.. He should probably retire before he gets injured..

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

NFL crowd goes nuts over SB rings, its like you are a god afterwards

In Eli's case he has that and the last name going for him

NFL would be disgraced if they dont induct him, and nobody would really disagree

Talent wise he isnt even close to HOF calibre, just luck, opportunity, and social aspects that will get him in

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Please. Eli and two rings. Let us not forget

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Lol
    Typical toler post
    In his 4th year OJ rushed for 1250 yds
    In his 5th year he rushed for the infamous 2003 yds

Do you just post ridiculous things every post just to piss me off??
    It's working
    geez my bad it was 3 years pardon me for not being 100 years old. somehow you always miss the point of a post and that point is without an O-line even a great rb is going to have problems.

maggiethebestdog

geez my bad it was 3 years pardon me for not being 100 years old. somehow you always miss the point of a post and that point is without an O-line even a great rb is going to have problems.
    So the fact that I am older than you explains why every post you make is factually incorrect??

Any point you try to make is mute when you use false numbers to try and prove it

Not a difficult concept to grasp

jtoler

So the fact that I am older than you explains why every post you make is factually incorrect??

Any point you try to make is mute when you use false numbers to try and prove it

Not a difficult concept to grasp
    just stop guy, the point was made. of course I didnt see OJ play only highlights, I was only going off of what Ive heard from radio and tv guys about how awful the Bills offensive line was when he was drafted.

maggiethebestdog

just stop guy, the point was made. of course I didnt see OJ play only highlights, I was only going off of what Ive heard from radio and tv guys about how awful the Bills offensive line was when he was drafted.
    That would explain why every post you make is factually incorrect and only makes the point that you have no idea of what you are talking about

Some people actually take the time to research a topic before commenting on it
    The "I heard it on radio and TV" method of commenting has never produced accurate details, ever

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Why are you sorry? You absolutely correct he far from a HOF’er and it beyond ridiculous he gets so much conversation as such.

Yes he was good during those playoff runs but that dline and coordinator should get the proper respect they deserve as the catalyst for those championships, they held the greatest qb ever to 17 or less in those SB’s!!! Closing his eyes and heaving up a prayer shouldn’t put you in the HOF, oddly enough I don’t hear any David Tyree HOF talk! After all he is one who made that play happen! Yes the throw in second SB was a dime, still can’t imagine one throw putting you in the HOF..

Before any delusional gmen or Eli fans get their panties in a bunch they should think about how many other qbs would have won w that defense. Has to be at least 10!!

jtoler

That would explain why every post you make is factually incorrect and only makes the point that you have no idea of what you are talking about

Some people actually take the time to research a topic before commenting on it
    The "I heard it on radio and TV" method of commenting has never produced accurate details, ever
    show me those posts maggie. just because I decided not look it up to make sure a rant comes from you. youve been harassing me ever since I said you were clueless about sports and politics a few days ago. this is the interwebs maggie dont take my insults so seriously we all take jabs at one another its all in good fun

maggiethebestdog

show me those posts maggie. just because I decided not look it up to make sure a rant comes from you. youve been harassing me ever since I said you were clueless about sports and politics a few days ago. this is the interwebs maggie dont take my insults so seriously we all take jabs at one another its all in good fun
    Everybody makes occasional errors when posting
    You take it to a new level
    Everyone of your posts misleads and contains false details
    You are habitual
    You do it to inflate your point of view which is intellectually dishonest
    Then when everybody, not just me, corrects you, then you play the victim card like we have a problem

Words matter, facts matter and intent matters
    When someone makes a mistake with no intent that is what every human does

When someone consistently either misleads, exaggerates or never takes the time to verify anything they say, that is a disgusting person

jtoler

Everybody makes occasional errors when posting
    You take it to a new level
    Everyone of your posts misleads and contains false details
    You are habitual
    You do it to inflate your point of view which is intellectually dishonest
    Then when everybody, not just me, corrects you, then you play the victim card like we have a problem

Words matter, facts matter and intent matters
    When someone makes a mistake with no intent that is what every human does

When someone consistently either misleads, exaggerates or never takes the time to verify anything they say, that is a disgusting person
    u have me confused like I said show me these posts. I joke around a lot and am sarcastic and deadpan with it, but when trying to be serious I dont purposely try to deceive to drive home a point. the same thing you accuse me of I see you doing quite a bit, in fact youre doing it now, overemphasizing to appear more factual, none of it is true. I think you just cant tell when Im joking around or not.

maggiethebestdog

u have me confused like I said show me these posts. I joke around a lot and am sarcastic and deadpan with it, but when trying to be serious I dont purposely try to deceive to drive home a point. the same thing you accuse me of I see you doing quite a bit, in fact youre doing it now, overemphasizing to appear more factual, none of it is true. I think you just cant tell when Im joking around or not.
    Lol
    Ok buddy
    Whatever you say
    Me telling the truth and correcting your lies is me "overemphasizing to appear more factual"
    That is quite a spin job there
    I see you are pathological
    Have a good night

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

what is wrong with you guys, MANNING Sucks this is fact, he looks fricken lost out there. I cannot understand why or how he suits up, OBJ is not afraid to say Management plays this bum but he dont so it aint that, what is real deal?

jtoler

Lol
    Ok buddy
    Whatever you say
    Me telling the truth and correcting your lies is me "overemphasizing to appear more factual"
    That is quite a spin job there
    I see you are pathological
    Have a good night
    night maggie, remember this is the 2nd incident in less than a week where you could show no posts as your proof, hot bag of air you are.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

He's an 83 career QB rating. His very best year was 93. His record is 112-108.

15 seasons and struck lightning in a bottle twice.

A slightly above-average QB that has managed to stay healthy and play a lot of seasons.

maggiethebestdog

night maggie, remember this is the 2nd incident in less than a week where you could show no posts as your proof, hot bag of air you are.
    It is been proven countless times just in this thread alone
    Can you ever tell the truth??
    Never mind, rhetorical question

Continue with the lies
    You don't need me for that

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Bottom line is Giants use to be better as a team years ago, Eli Manning was younger and was confident and got rings.. Fast forward to today and it's a different story.. Crap team, Eli is old now and passing to survive... With Barkley they should run run run the ball. Make play action easier for old school Eli also in the process... I question the play calling and coaching..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    what is wrong with you guys, MANNING Sucks this is fact, he looks fricken lost out there. I cannot understand why or how he suits up, OBJ is not afraid to say Management plays this bum but he dont so it aint that, what is real deal?
    Who doesn’t think Eli sucks other than delusional nyg fans? Poor Ben crap-a-do do only good desicion was benching Eli and he almost got lynched for doing so!! Lol. Wonder how many sitting at home thu night thinking “damn macado was right”!! Lol.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Jim Plunkett

cwnotorious

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Jim Plunkett
    SOLID
    U sir may have all my betpoints

First 123 Last