JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Well that's why books didn't move off 3. How many games push?
    Games push all the time especially in hoop.. Odds makers are very solid when picking lines in big games in most sports.. Small price to pay to get off the set lines..

To each their own though.. Just something I like to do LB from time to time.. Buy the half a point or run to have a little better chance of winning the bet in big prime time games..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I had to edit that brain fart by JIBS. Browns won the game by 3 points.. They were the dogs by +3.. Still in over time it eased the stress knowing I couldn't lose the bet with a field goal.. That 1/2 point never did factor into the final score though..
    I know years ago when i was a youngster (so lots of years ago!) I thought buying points was a good move but then I tracked it for a long stretch and realized the amount of times it mattered did not amount to more than losing the extra juice did.

I could certainly see your point for the playoffs being different but only way to know is if you can go back and look or start tracking and seeing for yourself if it worth it. I still think it probably not but can’t say for certainly like I can for regular seasons.

sheedy17
    sheedy17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 631

probably, but I will take +110 with the better pitcher and the team that scored 16 runs any day of the week

2daBank

Yanks last 22 home losses they 19-3 the following game.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Elimination game so you know betances, Chapman, Britton, Robertson will all pitch even if the yankees are trailing.

Lets not get crazy over 16 runs, they had a backup catcher pitch for god sakes. Its highly likely not a single pitcher that pitched last night pitches today.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

I have money on Sox to win series, but more on stros at better odds to win the entire thing, so I wouldn't even be mad at the Yankees winning cause the stros would run circles around them. Marching sabathia out in a due or die game lol no starting pitching.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I know years ago when i was a youngster (so lots of years ago!) I thought buying points was a good move but then I tracked it for a long stretch and realized the amount of times it mattered did not amount to more than losing the extra juice did.

I could certainly see your point for the playoffs being different but only way to know is if you can go back and look or start tracking and seeing for yourself if it worth it. I still think it probably not but can’t say for certainly like I can for regular seasons.
    Most people don't do this over a large enough sample size for it to really be factored in. Also, many don't take into account when they didn't buy the point and it factored in causing a loss or push when it wouldn't have otherwise.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Elimination game so you know betances, Chapman, Britton, Robertson will all pitch even if the yankees are trailing.

Lets not get crazy over 16 runs, they had a backup catcher pitch for god sakes. Its highly likely not a single pitcher that pitched last night pitches today.
    You know there no chance in hell they give lance Lynn the ball today, god i hope not anyways!

ans61201

Good bet is to bet the under on both starting pitchers strike outs. Don't think either of them go long enough to strike anyone out, first sign of trouble and they'll get pulled. Especially cc

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Most people don't do this over a large enough sample size for it to really be factored in. Also, many don't take into account when they didn't buy the point and it factored in causing a loss or push when it wouldn't have otherwise.
    I agree, I think majority of gamblers just too short sighted to realize it not a good move over the long haul and only worry about the game in front of them. Another way to look at it is would books really let you do it if it was in your best interest? Probably freaking not! Lol.

2daBank

Good bet is to bet the under on both starting pitchers strike outs. Don't think either of them go long enough to strike anyone out, first sign of trouble and they'll get pulled. Especially cc
    Makes sense. Can’t imagine either has very high total 4-5ish?

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I agree, I think majority of gamblers just too short sighted to realize it not a good move over the long haul and only worry about the game in front of them. Another way to look at it is would books really let you do it if it was in your best interest? Probably freaking not! Lol.
    I think there are spots where it mathmatically makes sense, over long haul I generally just avoid the game if I am concerned about the .5 or even better just bet it in game and get a better number

2daBank

I think there are spots where it mathmatically makes sense, over long haul I generally just avoid the game if I am concerned about the .5 or even better just bet it in game and get a better number
    Prob so if you can get a good price. And hell if you stepping out and going big I suppose you might as well at least get rid of a hook on a key number (id never do it to avoid a push) but to your point if you that scared of a number you shouldn’t be stepping out on that game anyways..

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

u will be hearing this tonight

ans61201

Winning both.
    Sox full game.
    Sox for the series.
    Good day.
    Points Awarded:

dawg58kahn gave ans61201 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

hard to see Boston losing 2 back to back with the last one being at home

You should know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

No Sammy

not sure how he does it

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!