View Poll Results: MCGREGOR/NURMAGOMEDOV Post fight anticseserved or Not?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conor deserved it

    25 59.52%
  • Disgusted by Khabib and his team

    17 40.48%
  1. #1
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,731
    Betpoints: 12

    MCGREGOR/NURMAGOMEDOV Post fight antics:Deserved or Not?

    Are you disgusted by this or think it was justified and Conor deserved it?

    https://clips.twitch.tv/AmericanEnticingSrirachaLitty

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 484 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 340 pts


  2. #2
    cincinnatikid513
    be kind
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 11,179
    Betpoints: 12

    love how all the security goes around connor in the ring but the guy who started it in red shirt just goes to the side like it wasn't his fault
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 448 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    5-0-0 469 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  3. #3
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 13,421
    Betpoints: 9798

    Deserved it after constant death threats by Connor.

  4. #4
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 22,591
    Betpoints: 147

    Im in the middle, dont think it was right but Im also not disgusted by it. To me it is what it is. These things happen, its the human element. Conor pushed hard in his pre-fight rhetoric and obviously Khabib was sensitive to it. The guys taking shots at Conor after the fight was over, that was bullshit. It wasn’t their fight, they didn’t fight him for 3 rounds, they simply took cheap shots knowing security would break it up after the swung.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: etothep

  5. #5
    Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-16
    Posts: 885
    Betpoints: 2126

    Its whatever but its a good thing for ufc because everybody will wanna see a rematch now just because of this, dana would be fool not to make it happen

  6. #6
    packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-13
    Posts: 14,565
    Betpoints: 12568

    The bit when he jumped the guy in the crowd wasnt a huge deal,but the sucker punch afterward was what annoyed me.Its the cowards way,knowing you wont have to answer for it after you get your free shot in.

  7. #7
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 22,591
    Betpoints: 147

    Cant believe Khabib fukked up like this. He knows it to, came out in the post press conference apologizing to NSAC and Vegas. But it fell short because he still wanted to focus on McGregors antics as opposed to being sorry for his own actions. NSAC gonna do to him what he did to Conor, only worse IMO

  8. #8
    Sanity Check
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-13
    Posts: 2,431
    Betpoints: 6826

    The UFC pressed charges on Conor & punished him to the full extent of the law for the bus incident.

    Conor didn't get a free pass on that.

    I agree Conor was wrong to talk about Khabib's dad and call him a rat. That was desperation on Conor's part. Khabib shouldn't be offended by that but rather learn to identify those types of desperation ploys as weakness on the part of his opponents.

    Conor was trying too hard. Now you know why.

    WTF is wrong with people btw. A huge percentage of things I see being said about this on social media and elsewhere are soo dumb.

  9. #9
    Art Vandelay
    The tundra is thawed and green!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-06
    Posts: 1,949
    Betpoints: 22362

    White can definitely sell a rematch. If Connor doesn't survive the 2nd round pummeling he might have been a forgotten man in the UFC. But he survived and rallied a bit in Round 3. Overall an entertaining fight - marketable for a rematch in the spring/summer 2019. By then all the suspensions, fines, etc should be clear.

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 177 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 140 pts


  10. #10
    robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-13-18
    Posts: 475
    Betpoints: 740

    Conor is a little bitch and he completely deserved it.

  11. #11
    robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-13-18
    Posts: 475
    Betpoints: 740

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    White can definitely sell a rematch. If Connor doesn't survive the 2nd round pummeling he might have been a forgotten man in the UFC. But he survived and rallied a bit in Round 3. Overall an entertaining fight - marketable for a rematch in the spring/summer 2019. By then all the suspensions, fines, etc should be clear.
    Marketable in theory only. Khabib is on a completely different level than Conor. They could fight 10 times and Khabib would destroy him all 10 out of 10.

  12. #12
    robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-13-18
    Posts: 475
    Betpoints: 740

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Im in the middle, dont think it was right but Im also not disgusted by it. To me it is what it is. These things happen, its the human element. Conor pushed hard in his pre-fight rhetoric and obviously Khabib was sensitive to it. The guys taking shots at Conor after the fight was over, that was bullshit. It wasn’t their fight, they didn’t fight him for 3 rounds, they simply took cheap shots knowing security would break it up after the swung.
    New info and video has been released that it was Conor who attacked Khabib's cornerman first. They were climbing on the cage to celebrate and Conor, being the penetrating loser bitch that he is, started swinging at the guy. It was only after that, they jumped in and fought Conor. What are your feelings now?

  13. #13
    Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-13
    Posts: 6,174
    Betpoints: 7665

    I was entertained by it. As long as no civilians in the crowd got hurt, no harm no foul.

    Conor didnít even press charges on the 3 guys that came after him so all of them were released. This is just a normal bar room street brawl. Little ruckus nothing more.

    If Kabib had legitimately tried to murder Conor (not release the choke after Conor tapped) - only then would it be excessive.

  14. #14
    Art Vandelay
    The tundra is thawed and green!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-06
    Posts: 1,949
    Betpoints: 22362

    Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    Marketable in theory only. Khabib is on a completely different level than Conor. They could fight 10 times and Khabib would destroy him all 10 out of 10.
    I completely agree with you on the result. I'm just saying I can see Dana using the shenanigans that happened tonight to squeeze the public for a rematch. Just like the dolly vs bus incident helped sell tonight's fight.

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 177 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 140 pts


  15. #15
    slayer14
    PRO
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-13
    Posts: 12,162
    Betpoints: 4740

    Conor was never in shape to fight you cant be drinking alcohol a week before fight unreal

  16. #16
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 296,537
    Betpoints: 56

    good entertainment

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 446 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  17. #17
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 22,591
    Betpoints: 147

    Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    New info and video has been released that it was Conor who attacked Khabib's cornerman first. They were climbing on the cage to celebrate and Conor, being the penetrating loser bitch that he is, started swinging at the guy. It was only after that, they jumped in and fought Conor. What are your feelings now?
    Overall, it doesnt change much. I just didnt see any of that stuff as a big deal except for the guy that took cheap shots at Conor from behind.

    The only thing that changes for me is this, if that guy Conor swung at was the Russian guy under UFC contract that Dana said would never fight again, I hope he re-visits that decision. I alson think nsac is going to punish Conor now. Otherwise, nothing for me changes.

    From a logical standpoint, Conor stood the least to lose from all of this. He has no belt, he has over $100,000,000 now, he’s probably the best at selling fights there ever was so he’s still gonna get the biggest fights moving forward. Khabib is the better fighter but he lost a lot more out of this brawl and can’t claim any of the above. His biggest payday ever and nsac is gonna get a nice share of it.

  18. #18
    klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-14
    Posts: 2,735
    Betpoints: 4689

    It's a show. Half fighting, half WWE. Whatever makes them money is good.

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 159 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-1-1 59 pts


  19. #19
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,731
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    New info and video has been released that it was Conor who attacked Khabib's cornerman first. They were climbing on the cage to celebrate and Conor, being the penetrating loser bitch that he is, started swinging at the guy. It was only after that, they jumped in and fought Conor. What are your feelings now?
    Link?

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 484 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 340 pts


  20. #20
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 13,421
    Betpoints: 9798

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Overall, it doesnt change much. I just didnt see any of that stuff as a big deal except for the guy that took cheap shots at Conor from behind.

    The only thing that changes for me is this, if that guy Conor swung at was the Russian guy under UFC contract that Dana said would never fight again, I hope he re-visits that decision. I alson think nsac is going to punish Conor now. Otherwise, nothing for me changes.

    From a logical standpoint, Conor stood the least to lose from all of this. He has no belt, he has over $100,000,000’s now, he’s probably the best at selling fights there ever was so he’s still gonna get the biggest fights moving forward. Khabib is the better fighter but he lost a lot more out of this brawl and can’t claim any of the above. His biggest payday ever and nsac is gonna get a nice share of it.
    To a lot of people respect and defending your religion is worth more than money.

  21. #21
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 22,591
    Betpoints: 147

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Link?
    Its in the other thread, the one with 16 pages

  22. #22
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 22,591
    Betpoints: 147

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    To a lot of people respect and defending your religion is worth more than money.
    I hope that was worth it for Khabib cuz he’s about to lose a lot of cash and be on vacation for a bit possibly relinquishing his belt and losing out on even more purses

    And it was Conor talking shit about his religion, not that joe blow outside the ring, so I dont buy he was defending his religion. He was just over amped and lost control. If he wanted to really hurt the guy that said all those negqtive things about his religion, he shouldn’t have let up on the choke hold and made Conor go lights out. But he didnt do that, he went after someone else. And he’ll pay dearly for it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

  23. #23
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 13,421
    Betpoints: 9798

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I hope that was worth it for Khabib cuz he’s about to lose a lot of cash and be on vacation for a bit possibly relinquishing his belt and losing out on even more purses

    And it was Conor talking shit about his religion, not that joe blow outside the ring, so I dont buy he was defending his religion. He was just over amped and lost control. If he wanted to really hurt the guy that said all those negqtive things about his religion, he shouldn’t have let up on the choke hold and made Conor go lights out. But he didnt do that, he went after someone else. And he’ll pay dearly for it
    He wants to retire anyway. Why not go out with a bang. He doesn't blow his money like mcgregor does on dumb shit. He has plenty!

  24. #24
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 13,421
    Betpoints: 9798

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I hope that was worth it for Khabib cuz he’s about to lose a lot of cash and be on vacation for a bit possibly relinquishing his belt and losing out on even more purses

    And it was Conor talking shit about his religion, not that joe blow outside the ring, so I dont buy he was defending his religion. He was just over amped and lost control. If he wanted to really hurt the guy that said all those negqtive things about his religion, he shouldn’t have let up on the choke hold and made Conor go lights out. But he didnt do that, he went after someone else. And he’ll pay dearly for it
    How would conor go lights out on a neck crank?Also the guy that khabib went after started talking shit on him even before he leapt out of the cage.

  25. #25
    daneblazer
    46th best poster July 18
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-08
    Posts: 25,409
    Betpoints: 24

    No idea what’s going on
    Points Awarded:

    bababoyee gave daneblazer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  26. #26
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 22,591
    Betpoints: 147

    Khabib wants to retire???? I hadn’t heard that. Well, if that’s the case I agree, do your thing and fukk the consequences, especially if you dont care about the $$$.

    The crazy thing is, that brawl is gonna cost people a lot of money, its gonna change career paths, suspensions, maybe stripped belts, and not a single person landed a flush shot and hurt anyone

    Can anyone involved say it was worth it once the sanctions come down?

  27. #27
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 296,537
    Betpoints: 56

    The Russian turn into a massive hero across the globe because of after the fight

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 446 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  28. #28
    Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-11
    Posts: 13,421
    Betpoints: 9798

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Khabib wants to retire???? I hadn’t heard that. Well, if that’s the case I agree, do your thing and fukk the consequences, especially if you dont care about the $$$.

    The crazy thing is, that brawl is gonna cost people a lot of money, its gonna change career paths, suspensions, maybe stripped belts, and not a single person landed a flush shot and hurt anyone

    Can anyone involved say it was worth it once the sanctions come down?
    Yeah bro. Like when i fought my last amateur mma fight. I knew i didnt want to fight anymore so i true to do the showtime kick on a guy in my 5th fight. Jumped off the side of the cage missed the kick horribly and fell on my ass and got ground and pounded and ref stopped it lol

  29. #29
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 22,591
    Betpoints: 147

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Yeah bro. Like when i fought my last amateur mma fight. I knew i didnt want to fight anymore so i true to do the showtime kick on a guy in my 5th fight. Jumped off the side of the cage missed the kick horribly and fell on my ass and got ground and pounded and ref stopped it lol
    awesome. When you’re done, you’re done. It’s always nice to know ahead of time so you can attempt those kicks. Great memory Im sure

  30. #30
    unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-14
    Posts: 877
    Betpoints: 413

    Dipshit Russian risking his big payday for the phony guy in the sky

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 198 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/11/2018


  31. #31
    NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-07
    Posts: 7,503
    Betpoints: 8241

    This is all theatrics. We got the muslim fighter who's cool with Putin making the great white hype tap out. White America will pay big money to see him get his a$$ kicked in future fights. All he has to do is keep winning. Just like white America spent billions on PPV hoping somebody would give Mayweather his first loss. This is how play a racist America and cash in while you're doing it.
    Last edited by NardVa; 10-07-18 at 04:04 PM.

  32. #32
    Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-01-09
    Posts: 8,408
    Betpoints: 227

    All staged to get more views, UFC is the new WWF

  33. #33
    eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-08
    Posts: 7,754
    Betpoints: 372

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    The UFC pressed charges on Conor & punished him to the full extent of the law for the bus incident.

    Conor didn't get a free pass on that.

    I agree Conor was wrong to talk about Khabib's dad and call him a rat. That was desperation on Conor's part. Khabib shouldn't be offended by that but rather learn to identify those types of desperation ploys as weakness on the part of his opponents.

    Conor was trying too hard. Now you know why.

    WTF is wrong with people btw. A huge percentage of things I see being said about this on social media and elsewhere are soo dumb.
    Like people that like Conor are racist?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 155 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 301 pts


  34. #34
    eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-08
    Posts: 7,754
    Betpoints: 372

    Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    New info and video has been released that it was Conor who attacked Khabib's cornerman first. They were climbing on the cage to celebrate and Conor, being the penetrating loser bitch that he is, started swinging at the guy. It was only after that, they jumped in and fought Conor. What are your feelings now?
    That's bullshit. He was climbing over the fence because Khabib was fighting someone. It does look like conor threw the first punch. There is a good video from the a spectator that shows this. This guy shouldn't have anything done to him, but the other 2 that jumped the fence and threw punches at Conor have to no future because of their decisions.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 155 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 301 pts


  35. #35
    thechaoz
    NINERZ!
    thechaoz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 6,476
    Betpoints: 5736

    I think it was best to just let your fighting do the talking, but I can't say I don't love the drama
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/11/2018

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 154 pts


123 Last
Top