SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Rate these Rookie NFL QB ( Using A,B, C and D ONCE )

• You can only use each letter rating ONCE
    • Sam Darnold.
    • Josh Allen.
    • Josh Rosen.
    • Baker Mayfield.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Is this projecting them going forward or strictly their performance thus far??

Projecting based off what I’ve seen I would go:

Darnold A
    Rosen B
    Mayfield C
    Allen F

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

• Sam Darnold. B
    • Josh Allen. C
    • Josh Rosen. D
    • Baker Mayfield A

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    • Sam Darnold. B
    • Josh Allen. C
    • Josh Rosen. D
    • Baker Mayfield A
    Turnover machine Baker gets a A?

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Is this projecting them going forward or strictly their performance thus far??

Projecting based off what I’ve seen I would go:

Darnold A
    Rosen B
    Mayfield C
    Allen F
    So you think Darnold is better than Mayfield thus far ??

SBR Tony

• Sam Darnold. B
    • Josh Allen. C
    • Josh Rosen. D
    • Baker Mayfield A
    I think I would go with these

the Jets coaching/ play calling is what's killing Darnold

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    So you think Darnold is better than Mayfield thus far ??
    I’m still not a baker believer, when I watch darnald I see a guy who gonna be the franchise qb. I’ll say baker has looked better than I thought but I was shocked anyone thought taking him before darnold was a good idea, of course it was the browns so guess not shocking.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

I’m still not a baker believer, when I watch darnald I see a guy who gonna be the franchise qb. I’ll say baker has looked better than I thought but I was shocked anyone thought taking him before darnold was a good idea, of course it was the browns so guess not shocking.
    You’re predicting with this. Sticking to your original selection of what you’ve seen thus far, Baker has been the best. Darnold hasn’t been much better than the other 2 to be honest. And I think he will turn out to be the best.

I’d rather have baker making plays with a turnover mixed in, Romo ish. Then have darnold giving 3 yard dump offs like he’s a combo of Alex Smith and Blake bortles.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    You’re predicting with this. Sticking to your original selection of what you’ve seen thus far, Baker has been the best. Darnold hasn’t been much better than the other 2 to be honest. And I think he will turn out to be the best.

I’d rather have baker making plays with a turnover mixed in, Romo ish. Then have darnold giving 3 yard dump offs like he’s a combo of Alex Smith and Blake bortles.
    Yea that why I asked if he meant performance so far or what we think of them going forward. I choose to go with how I project them but that said what darnold showed me week 1 after throwing the pick 6 to start gm was impressive to me. I didn’t see much of any of him last week but it was vs best defense in nfl anyway so wouldn’t take much from that. I was hammered by time the afternoon games started last week and haven’t watched replay of browns/Oakland yet, but didn’t baker turn it over a bunch?

ans61201

Yea that why I asked if he meant performance so far or what we think of them going forward. I choose to go with how I project them but that said what darnold showed me week 1 after throwing the pick 6 to start gm was impressive to me. I didn’t see much of any of him last week but it was vs best defense in nfl anyway so wouldn’t take much from that. I was hammered by time the afternoon games started last week and haven’t watched replay of browns/Oakland yet, but didn’t baker turn it over a bunch?
    He did, couple not his fault entirely. Bad snap by center, and tipped pick. However he marched them down the field several times. Basically id rather have a couple Turnovers by my young qb, then an average of 3.1 per completion because he’s scared to make said mistake

2daBank

He did, couple not his fault entirely. Bad snap by center, and tipped pick. However he marched them down the field several times. Basically id rather have a couple Turnovers by my young qb, then an average of 3.1 per completion because he’s scared to make said mistake
    Def agree w that, if not I wouldn’t like darnold causs he will always throw some picks, has that farve gunslinger mentality, which I much rather have than a dink and dunking game manager like Alex smith or Sam Bradford.

ans61201

One thing to consider, Baker has fat and away the best weapons of the 4

2daBank

One thing to consider, Baker has fat and away the best weapons of the 4
    I actually think jets weapons are kinda underrated.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mayfield a winner

The other guys I think are inward losers

2daBank

Mayfield a winner

The other guys I think are inward losers
    Talk to me after he has a 2-10 record

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Throw the ball down the damn field
    For every Alex Smith there are 1000 guys who sucked and are out of the league
    You must stretch the field to stop defenders from pressing up
    The Bills and Jets never try to stretch the field vertically
    It results in more turnovers playing "safe"
    When you have one on one coverage, you must throw the ball down the field and give your player a chance to make a play

They will ruin these guys by playing it safe

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Throw the ball down the damn field
    For every Alex Smith there are 1000 guys who sucked and are out of the league
    You must stretch the field to stop defenders from pressing up
    The Bills and Jets never try to stretch the field vertically
    It results in more turnovers playing "safe"
    When you have one on one coverage, you must throw the ball down the field and give your player a chance to make a play

They will ruin these guys by playing it safe
    Same reason jags were at home watching pats in Super Bowl last year, cause they got conservative and took ball out of bortles hands in second half. I’m with you, if you don’t trust a guy enough to let him take chances might as well be looking for another guy. Problem is nfl coaches control freaks who rather run conservative garbage than play to win for fear of screwing up.

maggiethebestdog

Same reason jags were at home watching pats in Super Bowl last year, cause they got conservative and took ball out of bortles hands in second half. I’m with you, if you don’t trust a guy enough to let him take chances might as well be looking for another guy. Problem is nfl coaches control freaks who rather run conservative garbage than play to win for fear of screwing up.
    The Jags are a very rare team that has a stifling defense and a good running game
    They can be successful playing that way, it actually suits them better
    Ball control and defense
    Most teams don't have that luxury, especially with these rookies

Bill Parcells was the master of that style
    He won 2 superbowls running the ball and playing defense
    It can be done but you need the players to do it

The teams that have won playing conservative have all had legendary defenses and most had good running games

I'm not saying that these teams should throw every down or to not have the QB check down or utilize underneath routes, but they must run deep patterns often and teach these guys that throwing the ball downfield with one on one coverage is a smart play even though it doesn't mean the guy is wide open every time
    I think Mayfield gets that
    Last edited by maggiethebestdog; 10-02-18 at 03:05 PM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    The Jags are a very rare team that has a stifling defense and a good running game
    They can be successful playing that way, it actually suits them better
    Ball control and defense
    Most teams don't have that luxury, especially with these rookies

Bill Parcells was the master of that style
    He won 2 superbowls running the ball and playing defense
    It can be done but you need the players to do it

The teams that have won playing conservative have all had legendary defenses and most had good running games

I'm not saying that these teams should throw every down or to not have the QB check down or utilize underneath routes, but they must run deep patterns often and teach these guys that throwing the ball downfield with one on one coverage is a smart play even though it doesn't mean the guy is wide open every time
    I think Mayfield gets that
    It just a lot harder to win that way this day and age, think you can still have a very good regular season but eventually you gonna get yourself into a game you gonna have to score regardless of how good your defense is, the rules make it damn near impossible to shut every playoff offense down. They needed to let bortles continue throwing like he was in 1st half of that afc championship, you can’t sit on a lead against the pats or any elite offense this day and age.

maggiethebestdog

It just a lot harder to win that way this day and age, think you can still have a very good regular season but eventually you gonna get yourself into a game you gonna have to score regardless of how good your defense is, the rules make it damn near impossible to shut every playoff offense down. They needed to let bortles continue throwing like he was in 1st half of that afc championship, you can’t sit on a lead against the pats or any elite offense this day and age.
    I agree
    There comes a time in every game when you have to win the game doing whatever is necessary regardless of your overall philosophy is

You see it all the time in college football when these hurry up offenses have a lead with time running out and they still snap the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock
    Then they get tied or beaten at the end when the game should have been over

The Falcons lost a Superbowl by not realizing it was time to win the game instead of their style of "keeping the peddle to the metal"

It is the equivalent of a run n gun basketball team with a 10 pt lead and 2 minutes left continuing to throw up wild 3 pointers 3 seconds into the shot clock
    Time to win the game

maggiethebestdog

I agree
    There comes a time in every game when you have to win the game doing whatever is necessary regardless of what your overall philosophy is

You see it all the time in college football when these hurry up offenses have a lead with time running out and they still snap the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock
    Then they get tied or beaten at the end when the game should have been over

The Falcons lost a Superbowl by not realizing it was time to win the game instead of their style of "keeping the pedal to the metal"

It is the equivalent of a run n gun basketball team with a 10 pt lead and 2 minutes left continuing to throw up wild 3 pointers 3 seconds into the shot clock
    Time to win the game

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Mahomes

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Mahomes
    Not a rookie and was blessed to go to a team w lot of weapons unlike these other guys. Nobody be talking bout mahomes if he landed on Cleveland, jets, or bills!! Lol

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Mayfield
    Allen
    Darnold
    Rosen

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Not to change the subject but has anyone used PFF. They claim that they have metrics and algorithms that accurately rate players and lines for about $10 a month better than official lines?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    Not to change the subject but has anyone used PFF. They claim that they have metrics and algorithms that accurately rate players and lines for about $10 a month better than official lines?
    I used to look at some stuff there. Their ratings subjective like anyone else’s. Didn’t know they started charging, it was free last time I went there but might have been few years.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Talk to me after he has a 2-10 record
    Still better than the last 34 Browns Qbs

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Still better than the last 34 Browns Qbs
    Lol. No doubt. I actually think they win 6-7 games, just talking junk

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Mayfield A
    Rosen B
    Allen C
    Darnold D

Rosen is very accurate, Darnold has alawys had garbage mechanics.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Baker
    Allen
    Rosen
    Dartard

Fuk abcd bruh

Just list it

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero