Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Check his track record. A lot more good than bad. Especially on the road so I'm predicting two turnovers minimum. His coach was honestly worried if he understood the playbook lol. His play has been that inexplicable.
    Yeah, I heard that pre-game drivel too.

So if Cousins walks into Foxboro and performs well(and by well, I mean what he is paid to do) and wins that it will just be a fluke?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Yeah, I heard that pre-game drivel too.

So if Cousins walks into Foxboro and performs well(and by well, I mean what he is paid to do) and wins that it will just be a fluke?
    even a broken clock is right twice a day. what's his w/l record? td/turnovers? he is a horrible decision maker with a turnover rate that makes his win rate below average. he won a home game against a non playoff team and you were impressed by that? it's what decent qb's do all the time. but the reality is he will take a team that was in the nfc championship game with case keenum lol before he got there and not even make the playoffs. as a supposed upgrade.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Check his track record. A lot more good than bad. Especially on the road so I'm predicting two turnovers minimum. His coach was honestly worried if he understood the playbook lol. His play has been that inexplicable.
    you know this was coming Kermit.

Cousins 32/44 201yds 1td 2 int

once again, it is who he is.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

He will never win a championship. Cousins never plays his best when up against the best teams. Some guys elevate their play vs the best...not Cousins

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    He will never win a championship. Cousins never plays his best when up against the best teams. Some guys elevate their play vs the best...not Cousins
    he's a winner at the bank. he and bradford have conned more teams than maybe anyone in history. and both guys hit up the vikings for some change.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Bradford lol. Unreal the money arz signed him for

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Bradford lol. Unreal the money arz signed him for
    even he's gotta be asking himself, are these guys really that stupid? he is not built to be a qb in the nfl. now flag football he would be an easy hof

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

avg. 4.6 yards per completion not sure Ive seen that before. 8 more completions than brady but 110 fewer yards. cousins can throw some nice passes then a couple that leave you scratching your head there's quite a few of those guys in the league

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Stafford makes the most I think? Imagine staffords career without Calvin Johnson to heave Hail Marys to. Prob out 40% of his career td passes. I think GMs are starting to come around to QBs being replaced like RBs. No more big contracts for kinda good talent

Kermit

It was a shitty game by him. There were several passes that he and his receivers were not on the same page. The 2 interceptions he had came at the end when the game was already over. The first one was a TD pass that bounced out of his receiver's hands and into the defender's. The second one was just a forced desperation pass with no time remaining.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by keely85 View Post
    Stafford makes the most I think? Imagine staffords career without Calvin Johnson to heave Hail Marys to. Prob out 40% of his career td passes. I think GMs are starting to come around to QBs being replaced like RBs. No more big contracts for kinda good talent
    lol. Bradford and Cousins got paid. Bortles gets 18 mil a year being avg. this idea that top qb's set the bar is ridiculous. once they started with the 100 million contracts it expedited the escalations. like it was stated earlier, in basketball, hockey, and baseball players are paid based on ability and not position. football has gotten out of whack overpaying qb's. there are backups that never see the field making over 5 million a year and never play.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

It was a shitty game by him. There were several passes that he and his receivers were not on the same page. The 2 interceptions he had came at the end when the game was already over. The first one was a TD pass that bounced out of his receiver's hands and into the defender's. The second one was just a forced desperation pass with no time remaining.
    true. do you still have belief that he is a good top tier qb? i wouldn't count on him in a must win situation. Trubisky getting hurt is the best opportunity vikes have. he is meat next week against russell wilson and seattle.

Kermit

true. do you still have belief that he is a good top tier qb? i wouldn't count on him in a must win situation. Trubisky getting hurt is the best opportunity vikes have. he is meat next week against russell wilson and seattle.
    I do think that he is a top 10 QB. The Vikes will probably make the playoffs as a wild card. What happens then will be interesting to see.

It is frustrating watching him make so many amazing throws and then come out and throw an interception that just doesn't make sense.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

I do think that he is a top 10 QB. The Vikes will probably make the playoffs as a wild card. What happens then will be interesting to see.

It is frustrating watching him make so many amazing throws and then come out and throw an interception that just doesn't make sense.
    i think the great ones thrive under pressure and others don't. Kurt Warner is a perfect example. regular season he is a good qb. but put him in playoff decision win or go home and he thrives. They always show tom brady on the sideline when the other qb scores and you see him grab his helmet in anger and say lets go. everyone except seattle and dallas is receding or injured in the wild card race. the schedule is in the vikes favor even with a loss against seattle. but they are married to cousins financially. in order to win they have to become a running and play action team. watching dalvin cook's first step, he is as fast as anyone in the league. eli is a perfect example of a qb you have to save from himself. i think cousins is the same and can be successful if they take the load off of him.again only 13 carries from backs and cook had 9 for 84 yards. patriots had 39 carries. not the first game this has happened with minny. may need a new coordinator next year.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Based on strength of schedule the Vikings will make the playoffs as a wild card. Then Cousins and the Vikings will be one and done.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

hes just an alex smith 2.0

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The picks were meaningless, end of game so dont dog the guy

He will start 16 games, throw for 4500 yards, 35-40tds and complete 73% of his passes setting every Viking QB record his 1st year

More importantly. It's been 40 years since MN has had the same qb start 2 years in a row. Cousins is durable and that's what mn needs, durability at qb for 3 years to work this window

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The picks were meaningless, end of game so dont dog the guy

He will start 16 games, throw for 4500 yards, 35-40tds and complete 73% of his passes setting every Viking QB record his 1st year

More importantly. It's been 40 years since MN has had the same qb start 2 years in a row. Cousins is durable and that's what mn needs, durability at qb for 3 years to work this window
    He scored 10 points vs the pats!! I don’t like him anymore!! Lol

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    He scored 10 points vs the pats!! I don’t like him anymore!! Lol
    Its Zimmer play style

They never risk unless down 2 scores

It's all dink dunk punt play D and then capitalize on other guys mistakes. Brady makes no mistakes, Vikes hang thru halftime but fall behind 2 scores late, then risky play calling

Cousins has been what MN wanted and needed and if Shurmer where still here we'd be undefeated!!!

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Minn has no line and no running game
    He is not a bad QB
    But,

I have no idea why anyone would think he is an elite QB

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Kirk Cousins is trash and the only people stupid enough to not realize it were the Vikings organization and their fans. Your SB window closed the day he was signed.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Its Zimmer play style

They never risk unless down 2 scores

It's all dink dunk punt play D and then capitalize on other guys mistakes. Brady makes no mistakes, Vikes hang thru halftime but fall behind 2 scores late, then risky play calling

Cousins has been what MN wanted and needed and if Shurmer where still here we'd be undefeated!!!
    They so strange and such a pain to try and cap. At 1st of year they were letting him sling it all over the place. Maybe it was circumstance since the defense was beat up and not playing at their normal high level. Now that the d back to being one of the better units the offense has went to conservative dog shit.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

that is true. the odd thing is you guys on cousins think we are making judgments based on one game. no. they guy has a body of work. and it includes turnovers at inopportune times. i go back to romo cause he was the same guy. i remember in peyton's super season denver goes to dallas probably undefeated. romo plays lights out keeping dallas in it. but in the fourth q he throws one of those pick sixes with his eyes closed. it was such a romo thing to do. this game was a prime example for cousins as he played great. but had the romo play at the end. after losing a game in buffalo 4 days earlier with doing the same thing. it is why i say he is a stat monster, but not a winner.
    just a reminder before anyone decides to throw their money away on the vikings again. especially in a prime time game. the bigger the stage, heavier the turnovers.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Kermit, still top 10 or do you concede?

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Cousins has not been bad. He was backup, turned starter.
    With that being said, nobody in the NFC north was scared when the Vikings signed him.
    Still stand by thus from September

To be fair, a lot of us on that first page in September of this thread saw this coming.

Clearly, the surprise is the Bears doing this good, and the Packers so bad in this division.
    Nobody shocked over the Lions.
    Vikings going backwards with Cousins is no surprise, and most of us got that right.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

The Seahawks looked razor sharp, I think they can go places. they have a run first system that most teams today are not built to do deal with.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

i unfortunately watched that bills game and saw how awful the plays were and the obvious lack of awareness. we will disagree on cousins. the true tell will be in january if he is even in the playoffs. there is a lot of romo in him. i do not lie when i say i trust mitch trubisky more with the bears to win more games than cousins.
    great prediction in september...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

there are only a handful of qb's who's ability is questioned this way. bortles, smith, prescott, dalton, flacco and cousins. now if you are on that list, you are certainly not premiere. winston belongs there as well.
    right about these bums too. jury still out on dak i guess. a consistent zeke will help him

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Vikes got talent at WR, TE, and RB. But they got an awful O-line and a QB that does not fit that system. Line was much better last season which is why Keenum looked so much better than Cousins. Cousins is still guaranteed about 50-60 Mill so you're stuck with him. Step one is shoring up that horrid O-line.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

not a good year for the 6 highest paid qbs

6 highest paid quarterbacks in 2018

Aaron Rodgers 33.5 million
    Matt Ryan 30 million
    Kirk Cousins 28 million
    Jimmy G 27.5 million
    Matthew S 27 million
    Derek Carr 25 million

none of the 6 highest paid qbs in the nfl made the playoffs they combined for 31 wins

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

This guy

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

He sucks

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Absolute Fraud. Has to be 70% homo

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Can we still get our money back?

What's the policy on a defective item?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Carson Wentz is making it a debate. But Kirk Cousins looking like worst qb in the nfl. fool's gold.

First ... 45678 Last