Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    something about winning 5 super bowls makes that the last thing i think about brady. i had really forgot already. he's got lots of credit stored up with his resume. cousins resume made the redskins pass on him. i don't think you understand how uncommon that is. and bring in alex smith no doubt. nothing says we are sick of turnovers like bringing in alex smith.
    My point is that if you continuously force a guy to make plays, eventually a mistake is going to happen. The play in the Superbowl was very similar to what happened to Cousins last night.

Seriously though, what is the story with the run game in Minnesota? Last year they were averaging 100 yards a game and this year it is nowhere near that.

Kermit

he is a notoriously slow starter. the vikes had 17 total carries thursday. gurley had that alone. in the bills, gb, and this game the team was in a hole. and i blame the oc as well. teams with qb's like this get enamored and just let him pass the ball almost 50 times in multiple games. minnesota used to have balance. now they are being similar to the steelers slinging it around because they have thielen and diggs. a strong running game helps any defense and t.o.p. is not shocking he is their leading rusher when he keeps them in a hole and they can't run the ball.
    Cousins kept the Vikings in a hole? In the Rams game? He led them right down the field and scored the first TD of the game. In fact I think the Vikes had the ball for 20 minutes in the first half compared to 10 for the Rams, and the Vikings were still losing at the half.

This is why the Vikings lost, and it had nothing to do with Cousins.

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

something about winning 5 super bowls makes that the last thing i think about brady. i had really forgot already. he's got lots of credit stored up with his resume. cousins resume made the redskins pass on him. i don't think you understand how uncommon that is. and bring in alex smith no doubt. nothing says we are sick of turnovers like bringing in alex smith.
    If you don't remember - I'm an Eagles fan and huge Brady guy
    I've watched the Brady 6 probably 100 times and it never gets old
    He's the greatest of all time imo so I am not here for that.

The Pats just don't look right. Either you guys are paid robots or have way too much $ on the dolphins / pats game but you can't be Pats fans. Real Pats fans are being quiet right now b/c they're somewhat nervous / hoping nothing changes this year. Last year it was expected.

Idk if Belichick is boycotting something or not but I can't change my opinion until I see him get the Eye of the Tiger going again. I'm talking about NFL 2018 - 2019 Season (not last year, not past decade) and not this week BUT for the season.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My point is that if you continuously force a guy to make plays, eventually a mistake is going to happen. The play in the Superbowl was very similar to what happened to Cousins last night.

Seriously though, what is the story with the run game in Minnesota? Last year they were averaging 100 yards a game and this year it is nowhere near that.
    i remember cowherd was big on yppt. i don't think it is a major stat in many situations. but some teams it is important. when you run the ball and play field position, you have to win that battle. when turnovers put you in bad field position it makes it harder on your defense and the offense scores with less work. no other glaring example than giving up 27 pts on 292 yards of offense. 292 is a great nfl game for a defense. and they gave up less than 350 against the packers. last year they opened giving up 344 to saints, 335 to steelers, and 342 to tb. they shut down detroit for 250 in next game. this year they give up 327 to sf, 351 to gb, and 292 against buffalo before giving up a big 500 to rams. that game was an anomaly as rams gave up huge yardage as well. the differences have been situational football (redzone ,etc.) and not winning turnover margins forcing bad field position.

flakeandbake

No one cares - we know Cousins loves to pad the reg season. We were all referring to Kirk Cousins never living up to big moments.

Could you name one for us?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Cousins kept the Vikings in a hole? In the Rams game? He led them right down the field and scored the first TD of the game. In fact I think the Vikes had the ball for 20 minutes in the first half compared to 10 for the Rams, and the Vikings were still losing at the half.

that is true. the odd thing is you guys on cousins think we are making judgments based on one game. no. they guy has a body of work. and it includes turnovers at inopportune times. i go back to romo cause he was the same guy. i remember in peyton's super season denver goes to dallas probably undefeated. romo plays lights out keeping dallas in it. but in the fourth q he throws one of those pick sixes with his eyes closed. it was such a romo thing to do. this game was a prime example for cousins as he played great. but had the romo play at the end. after losing a game in buffalo 4 days earlier with doing the same thing. it is why i say he is a stat monster, but not a winner.

flakeandbake

i remember cowherd was big on yppt. i don't think it is a major stat in many situations. but some teams it is important. when you run the ball and play field position, you have to win that battle. when turnovers put you in bad field position it makes it harder on your defense and the offense scores with less work. no other glaring example than giving up 27 pts on 292 yards of offense. 292 is a great nfl game for a defense. and they gave up less than 350 against the packers. last year they opened giving up 344 to saints, 335 to steelers, and 342 to tb. they shut down detroit for 250 in next game. this year they give up 327 to sf, 351 to gb, and 292 against buffalo before giving up a big 500 to rams. that game was an anomaly as rams gave up huge yardage as well. the differences have been situational football (redzone ,etc.) and not winning turnover margins forcing bad field position.
    I'm big on Bill Belichick either having the eye - or looking like he rather be at the park taking a walk. WTF is he doing

flakeandbake

that is true. the odd thing is you guys on cousins think we are making judgments based on one game. no. they guy has a body of work. and it includes turnovers at inopportune times. i go back to romo cause he was the same guy. i remember in peyton's super season denver goes to dallas probably undefeated. romo plays lights out keeping dallas in it. but in the fourth q he throws one of those pick sixes with his eyes closed. it was such a romo thing to do. this game was a prime example for cousins as he played great. but had the romo play at the end. after losing a game in buffalo 4 days earlier with doing the same thing. it is why i say he is a stat monster, but not a winner.
    10000000000%

Great example: Alex Smith last week. That is a textbook week 3 Alex Smith special. Would never happen in a big game, you gotta be able to move the fuxking ball in big games

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    If you don't remember - I'm an Eagles fan and huge Brady guy
    I've watched the Brady 6 probably 100 times and it never gets old
    He's the greatest of all time imo so I am not here for that.

The Pats just don't look right. Either you guys are paid robots or have way too much $ on the dolphins / pats game but you can't be Pats fans. Real Pats fans are being quiet right now b/c they're somewhat nervous / hoping nothing changes this year. Last year it was expected.

Idk if Belichick is boycotting something or not but I can't change my opinion until I see him get the Eye of the Tiger going again. I'm talking about NFL 2018 - 2019 Season (not last year, not past decade) and not this week BUT for the season.
    i wonder the same about you guys about doubting this is just september. if a train comes everyday at 5 o clock, do you expect that train to just not show up one day? how many septembers has this happened since brady lost to the giants the second time and people said he lost it. this is the year etc..... if it was november, i get it. but its september. and pats and bill have a rep for not being in the swing of things early, but revving up as season goes on.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

NFC:
    - Rams
    - Eagles
    - Saints
    - Packers (still believe they get 10 wins)
    - Carolina

- Falcons

- Vikings
    - Bears
    - Dallas
    - Niners (Jimmy G hurt or would rank at 5-7)

AFC:
    - Steelers (Bell has been a distraction - needs to come back / new contract / traded)
    - Chiefs
    -Bengals

- Pats (not so sure this is the Pats 1-2 start that usually ends up as 12-4)
    - Ravens
    - Broncos

- Dolphins
    - Jags
    - Colts
    -Chargers
    -Browns

I forgot about Carolina and some others. Panthers look like they want to be in the playoffs this year. I don't really track ranking but gun to head Week 4 - these are my order
    OK. Yeah agree with NFC order but would place CAR ahead of GB. GL.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    i like carolina ahead of the eagles and gb. maybe even the saints. when that defense is on and cam at the same time, they look like the sb version of themselves. the eagles don't look right yet. maybe wentz gets it back this season. tough to tell.

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Based on now, I guess. I expected a lot from Green Bay this year but it's too early to tell.

Panthers look really good but I need to see them rise up and beat a really good team twice in a row. That will have to be the Eagles and the Steelers. Not to mention - They host the Ravens at home after the Eagles and on the road at Detroit after the Steelers - so need to not allow any let down games if they do win. And of course, the Saints Falcons Saints to end the year. If you're high on the Panthers this year I would use that as a confirmation.

That said, the Panthers are still good. My problem with them is they historically have random big wins when it's somewhat unexpected (good) but also have let down games or just not show up the next big game (bad). Also, it almost goes unnoticed because he went to the SB so early in his career and is so athletic and makes so many big plays - that Cam is a huge choker also.

Easy-Rider 66

i like carolina ahead of the eagles and gb. maybe even the saints. when that defense is on and cam at the same time, they look like the sb version of themselves. the eagles don't look right yet. maybe wentz gets it back this season. tough to tell.
    Yeah good points. A bit concerned though about the injuries to CAR O line. See what happens. GL.

Easy-Rider 66

Based on now, I guess. I expected a lot from Green Bay this year but it's too early to tell.

Panthers look really good but I need to see them rise up and beat a really good team twice in a row. That will have to be the Eagles and the Steelers. Not to mention - They host the Ravens at home after the Eagles and on the road at Detroit after the Steelers - so need to not allow any let down games if they do win. And of course, the Saints Falcons Saints to end the year. If you're high on the Panthers this year I would use that as a confirmation.

That said, the Panthers are still good. My problem with them is they historically have random big wins when it's somewhat unexpected (good) but also have let down games or just not show up the next big game (bad). Also, it almost goes unnoticed because he went to the SB so early in his career and is so athletic and makes so many big plays - that Cam is a huge choker also.

flakeandbake

i wonder the same about you guys about doubting this is just september. if a train comes everyday at 5 o clock, do you expect that train to just not show up one day? how many septembers has this happened since brady lost to the giants the second time and people said he lost it. this is the year etc..... if it was november, i get it. but its september. and pats and bill have a rep for not being in the swing of things early, but revving up as season goes on.
    I;'m on the Pats ml this weekend so I hope they show up in this Divisional game vs a 3-0 Miami. Could also see them losing because it's a cute story line, Miami 4-0 as Brady is 1-3 but gets Edleman and Gordon back

That's fine but going forward - I have 0 reason to believe that the Patriots will be an elite team this year. And if they lose this game, they have a major problem on their hands. Seeing 9-7 or do what the LA Dodgers are doing right now and slip through the back door

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Pats have no defense this is the end boys

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

choo-choo. there goes that pats train.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

choo-choo. there goes that pats train.
    yes, and I fell for all of the bullshit talk about the Pats demise and decline, Brady too old, Belechick not interested, defense sucks, blah, blah, blah...hook, line and sinker!...never again...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

they invested heavily in him beyond tonight. that defense will be better. history says he won't. the pace that alex smith plays at will help the defense as well. kirk is gonna drag these guys down. with this start and bears improving they may go from nfc championship game to no playoffs with a so called better qb. how did rams d do? goff the 23 yr old didnt give the game away. again. gruden is still employed because he's been able to blame rg3 and cousins for years. redskins mgmt always knew cousins wasn't the answer. only good enough to keep them from drafting high and getting a replacement. so they bring in a fa who will not lose games.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

some guys are just stat monsters and not winners. matt stafford, tony romo, and add kirk cousins. just aren't winners. in big moments and big games in general. romo it was the pick 6 in the 4th quarter. stafford usually down and putting up crazy stats in comeback attempts. cousins 1-2-1 with 3 huge fumbles. sometimes you don't get what you pay for. alex smith should be a minnesota viking right now.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

he's 30 toler. that moment isn't coming. especially this year when he isn't even going to make playoffs inheriting a team that was in the nfc championship. he's like pouring a cup of alcohol in a good cup of milk. turns to shit.
    said this in september...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    well, you know what they say Kermit...opinions are just like assholes...everyone's got one and they usually stink!
    and so does cousins.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

and so does cousins.
    I hear ya. I mean, there are certainly worse starting QB's in the NFL, but he is certainly not elite.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

teams i would choose him over current qb:

buff
    tb
    bal
    dal
    nyg
    ari.
    that is 6 teams out of 32 and i'm not counting injuries like jimmy g. i wouldn't take him over any of the young guys because i know who he is. they all still have potential. i'm not sold on the young guys or flacco or eli on the teams listed. i wouldnt even take him before bortles. i think blake has potential and its up to him to get better. not over mariotta, watson, rivers, any of the others.
    these are the guys he is better than. i was wrong about bortles. he's getting worse.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its always easy to shit on quarterbacks like Cousins and Dalton for not winning in primetime, the Vikings offensive line is dog shit, not 1 pro bowler, no running game whatsoever tonight. You aren't going to beat good defenses on the road with no running game, the Vikings ran for 22 yards the whole game.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Its always easy to shit on quarterbacks like Cousins and Dalton for not winning in primetime, the Vikings offensive line is dog shit, not 1 pro bowler, no running game whatsoever tonight. You aren't going to beat good defenses on the road with no running game, the Vikings ran for 22 yards the whole game.
    bears weren't running great. but still had 39 carries to minny 14. cousins is fools gold. i wonder how many games last year minny ran less then 15 times a game. i know there have been at least two this year. probably more. cousins is below .500. its not just primetime lol

Kermit

bears weren't running great. but still had 39 carries to minny 14. cousins is fools gold. i wonder how many games last year minny ran less then 15 times a game. i know there have been at least two this year. probably more. cousins is below .500. its not just primetime lol
    Minny couldn't move the ball on the ground at all. At one point in the 3rd quarter it was like 135 yards on the ground for Chicago vs Minny's 16.

Kermit

Next week's game against the Packers is going to determine Couisin's fate this year.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Next week's game against the Packers is going to determine Couisin's fate this year.
    it will determine gb's. they have cupcake city after vikings game if they can beat chicago again. vikes have at pats, at detroit, and at seattle. they are not catching the bears. gb has a better shot of running the table if they win sunday.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

Vikings will win next week

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I really blame the coaches for this one. They should have let cousins run no huddle whole second half and wear bears d down. And wtf was the point trying to run on every 1st down leaving him in 2nd and long? Instead of that maybe get cook out in space and pass it to him!!! This was on coaching staff 100% imo!!! I’ve seen cousins stand in face of pressure and deliver some straight up dimes when his team needed it. If he had Nagy as his coach he would have won this game imo..

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I really blame the coaches for this one. They should have let cousins run no huddle whole second half and wear bears d down. And wtf was the point trying to run on every 1st down leaving him in 2nd and long? Instead of that maybe get cook out in space and pass it to him!!! This was on coaching staff 100% imo!!! I’ve seen cousins stand in face of pressure and deliver some straight up dimes when his team needed it. If he had Nagy as his coach he would have won this game imo..
    the guys has to accept responsibility for being irresponsible with the football. he has for his career about 125 td's and over 60 interceptions and more than 40 fumbles. only blake bortles is worse. and the reason he sometimes throws the tds when his team needs them is because he has put them in that position. the guy is 30 years old. this is who he is. a tiger can't change his stripes. the skins arent a very good team and they are 6-4 without him. addition by subtraction. he is a career sub .500 qb. just in a different jersey now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just a loser

Kermit

Cousins looked great tonight against the Packers.

So next week they go to Foxboro to face the Patriots. Can Cousins lead the Vikes to an upset?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Cousins looked great tonight against the Packers.

So next week they go to Foxboro to face the Patriots. Can Cousins lead the Vikes to an upset?
    Check his track record. A lot more good than bad. Especially on the road so I'm predicting two turnovers minimum. His coach was honestly worried if he understood the playbook lol. His play has been that inexplicable.

First ... 345678 Last