packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Brady hasn't looked very "Elite" so far this year at all. Maybe the edition of Eldelman will help and possibly Josh Gordon.
    Yeah I know mate,but he's proven to much over the recent years,to be knocked a step below Cousins,who are you taking between those two guys if its for all the marbles,im still taking Brady.

Edelman definetly will be a big boost.Not sure how itll work out with Gordon,he's definetly an enigma.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Nonsense penalties save teams all of the time.
    Nope. Was a horrible throw it up for grabs pass by garbage cousins . Roughing the passer is ridiculous this year and if you don't see that than you are brainwashed.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Cousins has diggs and theiland to pass too. Brady only has gronk who gets triple teamed.
    If Gronk is getting triple teamed, someone should definitely be open.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

You would take Blake Bortles to QB your team over Cousins? Really?

I guess this is something that we both see differently and will never agree on.
    you really are riding on the hype this year for cousins huh? youre literally watching the same thing you would see on the skins, again hes not bad just not good enough. I bet if he played in the playoffs you would really see how mediocre he is

Kermit

Nope. Was a horrible throw it up for grabs pass by garbage cousins . Roughing the passer is ridiculous this year and if you don't see that than you are brainwashed.
    The roughing the passer call on Cousins was made because of the Packer's quarterback.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    you really are riding on the hype this year for cousins huh? youre literally watching the same thing you would see on the skins, again hes not bad just not good enough. I bet if he played in the playoffs you would really see how mediocre he is
    Not on the hype this year, I always thought that Cousins was legit.

My only gripe with Cousins is maybe he isn't hard enough on his guys. When he threw his first interception of the year(That went in and out of the hands of his receiver) he said "It was my fault, I may have threw it too hard"
    Last edited by Kermit; 09-28-18 at 01:19 AM.

packerd_00

The roughing the passer call on Cousins was made because of the Packer's quarterback.
    Only penalty Matthews deserved was the late hit on Trubisky Week 1,the last two were a joke.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Only penalty Matthews deserved was the late hit on Trubisky Week 1,the last two were a joke.
    Totally agree!!!

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Not arguing them, just saying why it was called. We seen the madness last Monday night.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Do you think that Cousins played like an average NFL Quarterback tonight? Yes or No?
    no, why would you ask that?...I'm a proponent and supporter of Cousins, not against him...He played like an elite QB tonight...way above average...and he did more than enough for his team to win the game...and anybody that says different needs to pull their head out of their ass and learn the game of football.

Kermit

So let's hear every one's opinion of where Cousins should currently be ranked.

packerd_00

Totally agree!!!

packerd_00

Not arguing them, just saying why it was called. We seen the madness last Monday night.
    Fair enough,ive always liked debating with you mate.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    no, why would you ask that?...I'm a proponent and supporter of Cousins, not against him...He played like an elite QB tonight...way above average...and he did more than enough for his team to win the game...and anybody that says different needs to pull their head out of their ass and learn the game of football.
    I thought that he played great as well, but many here don't agree and feel that his fumble at the very end of the game cost the Viking the win. Even though they were already losing because their defense gave up over 500 yards and 38 points.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

So let's hear every one's opinion of where Cousins should currently be ranked.
    there are only a handful of qb's who's ability is questioned this way. bortles, smith, prescott, dalton, flacco and cousins. now if you are on that list, you are certainly not premiere. winston belongs there as well.

Da Manster!

I thought that he played great as well, but many here don't agree and feel that his fumble at the end of the game cost the Viking the win. Even though they were already losing because their defense gave up over 500 yards and 38 points.
    well, you know what they say Kermit...opinions are just like assholes...everyone's got one and they usually stink!

packerd_00

I wont sit here and say he didnt play a superb game tonight,he certainly did.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

I thought that he played great as well, but many here don't agree and feel that his fumble at the very end of the game cost the Viking the win. Even though they were already losing because their defense gave up over 500 yards and 38 points.
    it was like a romo pick 6. they may have not won those games, but when he does it to decide games multiple times against good teams, it just seems like his m.o. that is how it is with cousins. he finds a way to lose more often than win. demonata brought the perfect example with the overturned pic in gb game. he is who he is.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

kermit, can you name a team that willingly gave up a franchise qb without an attempt to sign him in the history of the nfl that was in his prime? qb is the hardest position to fill. if the redskins had a premiere qb, why would they never offer him a contract?? if you can name another person that has happened to i would be amazed. peyton manning was injured and colts drafted luck as replacement and i'm sure peyton was around 38 or older. i can't think of one in the midst of his prime.

Demonata

I would rank cousins 12th this year in quarterback s

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    kermit, can you name a team that willingly gave up a franchise qb without an attempt to sign him in the history of the nfl that was in his prime? qb is the hardest position to fill. if the redskins had a premiere qb, why would they never offer him a contract?? if you can name another person that has happened to i would be amazed. peyton manning was injured and colts drafted luck as replacement and i'm sure peyton was around 38 or older. i can't think of one in the midst of his prime.
    because that's how we do things in DC...ass backwards...Bruce Allen is not a real GM, just an ass kissing yes man to owner Dan Snyder...we had a real GM in Scot McCloughan but Snyder fired him after back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in nearly 25 years!...yeah, makes sense...of'course snyder used the excuse about Scot's drinking problem and bouts with alcohol as a bogus reason for his termination...anyhow, McCloughan went on record stating that the first thing he wanted to do with sign Kirk Cousins to a long term deal...of'course Snyder rejected it...as I said before, just look at all the numerous blunders this franchise has made since 1999 when Snyder bought the team...that is why we've been one of the perennial laughingstock of the league the last 20+ plus years or so.

Da Manster!

I would rank cousins 12th this year in quarterback s
    Cousins is currently ranked #2 in the NFL right now behind Jared Goff...and his QB rating of 103.6 is currently six...that is what you call upper echelon, top 10, and boderline elite status...here is the link...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

PS...he will probably still be in the top 5 in total passing yards depending on how well the other QB's play this weekend.

packerd_00

it was like a romo pick 6. they may have not won those games, but when he does it to decide games multiple times against good teams, it just seems like his m.o. that is how it is with cousins. he finds a way to lose more often than win. demonata brought the perfect example with the overturned pic in gb game. he is who he is.
    I remember that pick he threw against the Giants that knocked them out of the Playoff picture a couple years ago.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-28-18 at 01:59 AM.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Cousins is currently ranked #2 in the NFL right now behind Jared Goff...and his QB rating of 103.6 is currently six...that is what you call upper echelon, top 10, and boderline elite status...here is the link...

PS...he will probably still be in the top 5 in total passing yards depending on how well the other QB's play this weekend.

by that description, tony romo is elite to you as well. apparently elite is different things to different people. i would think at least one playoff win would help you even be considered. not that one win would by any means make you elite. funny these stat monsters don't have playoff success. stafford, romo, cousins. matt ryan is the only one that has any playoff success.

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

It has to be an age thing? Isnt this forum more of a beat the spread forum than win your fantasy football game. Cousin completed 40 passes against Buffalo. The Vikings scored 6 points. They dont go anywhere. I dont play fantasy but my guess would be he's a serviceable fantasy football quarterback. I'll take Trent Dilfer and a defense.

Demonata

That's not how you rate quarterbacks. All the other quarterbacks have not even played yet so he's played one more game than them all so he better have good stats on that chart. I swear why is everyone on this forum stupid enough to say cousins is good. He's ranked #2 on that with one more game played than all the quarterbacks. Can't make this shit up! He won't even be in the top 10 in that chart after all the qbs play. Also still like 9 qbs with better passer rating.

Demonata

by that description, tony romo is elite to you as well. apparently elite is different things to different people. i would think at least one playoff win would help you even be considered. not that one win would by any means make you elite. funny these stat monsters don't have playoff success. stafford, romo, cousins. matt ryan is the only one that has any playoff success.
    Funniest thing man is he posted that cousins is ranked #2 when he has played more games than all the other qbs besides Goff since it was Thursday night football. He better be up there with playing more games than anyone. Goff is better than that bum cousins. Also like 10 other qbs. Cousins played great against the bills. Led them to like 6 points lmfao

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

He's a numbers guy. Not a clutch drive down the field and get you the game winning TD guy. Maybe that changes but I doubt it.You can usually see that at this point in a career.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Goff and Cousins both played great last night.. Biggest difference I saw is that Goff had a much better running game behind him with Gurley and Cousins did not.. Vikings then just put everything on Cousins shoulders, the pass rush is then intensified and Cousins is throwing under pressure and or getting sacked...

Hard to compare QB play when one QB has a better running game then the other behind them.. One is throwing under pressure and one is not.. Good running game opens up everything for play action pass and one on one coverage in the secondary.. When you gotta honor the run you begin to stack the box on defense just that simple. That opens up the passing game..

QB comparisons are joke sometimes when you factor in all the variables!!

Demonata

Kurk cousins is not winner. Good quarterbacks are winners. Any quarter back can get good stats early in a game. It's how you do with game on the line or in playoff games. If rams would have had aquib talib not injured cousins would have thrown some picks.

Da Manster!

That's not how you rate quarterbacks. All the other quarterbacks have not even played yet so he's played one more game than them all so he better have good stats on that chart. I swear why is everyone on this forum stupid enough to say cousins is good. He's ranked #2 on that with one more game played than all the quarterbacks. Can't make this shit up! He won't even be in the top 10 in that chart after all the qbs play. Also still like 9 qbs with better passer rating.

I swear people on this forum are illiterate...I said "PS..he will probably still be in the top 5 in total yards passing depending on how well other QB's play this week...I can see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Goff and Cousins both played great last night.. Biggest difference I saw is that Goff had a much better running game behind him with Gurley and Cousins did not.. Vikings then just put everything on Cousins shoulders, the pass rush is then intensified and Cousins is throwing under pressure and or getting sacked...

Hard to compare QB play when one QB has a better running game then the other behind them.. One is throwing under pressure and one is not.. Good running game opens up everything for play action pass and one on one coverage in the secondary.. When you gotta honor the run you begin to stack the box on defense just that simple. That opens up the passing game..

QB comparisons are joke sometimes when you factor in all the variables!!
    hey Jibby...the good thing about beating your head up against a brick wall...it feels a lot better once you stop...

Da Manster!

Kurk cousins is not winner. Good quarterbacks are winners. Any quarter back can get good stats early in a game. It's how you do with game on the line or in playoff games. If rams would have had aquib talib not injured cousins would have thrown some picks.
    christ, reading some of your posts and others on this thread makes me feel like Rick Moranis in Spaceballs!...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Can anyone think of great QB's on crap teams and below average QB's on great teams?

I can -

- Aaron Rodgers on the Green Bay Packers just about every year.. He's a great quarterback on average teams year after year.. It's all him.

- Brad Johnson on the 2003 Superbowl Tampa Bay Bucs come to mind, he wasn't that good but he won a super bowl...

Demonata

I swear people on this forum are illiterate...I said "PS..he will probably still be in the top 5 in total yards passing depending on how well other QB's play this week...I can see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
    You shouldn't of posted that at all since it has no bearing when not all have played. Posting useful information is not your strong suit.

First 123456 ... Last