Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Why are the Colts favored to beat the Texans?

I said same thing about Colts -3 to Bengals in game 1.

Texans are a grown man team, full of stars everywhere. Have had some tough games and are one of the best offenses in the league, but one of the worst scoring offenses once in red zone. That could or could not change. But what we do know is the Texans can move the ball, especially indoors. On the defensive side, they have star talent all around that could cause big problems for Luck and a young offensive line.

Indy is just a young team and Texans have too many vets to lose this game. Losing this game eliminates them from playoff contention.

Colts aren't a good team and I just see this game being a Texans blowout. 34-20 Houston wins.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Colts are a sneaky really good team. Offensive and defensive lines both better than Houston. QB better. Converting on 3rd downs at a high rate.

Colts went into Washington and beat them up then almost beat the Eagles at the Linc the very next week. The Texans couldn’t even compete with Gmen on their home turf.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

You also said Texans would beat Titans so yeah.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I agree with you on Texans having more talent than Colts but Bill O'Brien's shit coaching is worth about 6 points in Indy's favor.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Public will see the 0-3 and go with the home team. I like the Texans as well. Can easily see it being a 3 point game either way so may as well go with the + money

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Colts at home

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Colts are a sneaky really good team. Offensive and defensive lines both better than Houston. QB better. Converting on 3rd downs at a high rate.

Colts went into Washington and beat them up then almost beat the Eagles at the Linc the very next week. The Texans couldn’t even compete with Gmen on their home turf.
    watching nfl network last week and chick say eagles will destroy colts awful defense. i was like ??? they are a mid level d across the board. people see the uniform and assume otherwise.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    watching nfl network last week and chick say eagles will destroy colts awful defense. i was like ??? they are a mid level d across the board. people see the uniform and assume otherwise.
    So true. Last year they were a dumpster fire. People forget that Luck was born into this league with dumpster teams and he simply rolls out of bed and gets 10 wins.

They got rid of that awfully Pagano, invested in o-line, and the d is healthy and playing pretty damn well.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

So true. Last year they were a dumpster fire. People forget that Luck was born into this league with dumpster teams and he simply rolls out of bed and gets 10 wins.

They got rid of that awfully Pagano, invested in o-line, and the d is healthy and playing pretty damn well.
    it is remarkable how by position everyone on team plays better with hope. he just gives the team confidence. i foolishly thought he was ready to take on the pats a few years back. but the kid is a winner.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    it is remarkable how by position everyone on team plays better with hope. he just gives the team confidence. i foolishly thought he was ready to take on the pats a few years back. but the kid is a winner.
    On that note, yesterday I took Colts to win AFC South at +700. Great value imo.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    You also said Texans would beat Titans so yeah.
    So? Do I have to win every bet? I'm about to give you a +265 winner tonight....

Goat Milk

I don't think Luck is nearly as good as Watson. I think the Colts will be one of the NFL's worst teams this year. Eagles didn't have their 2 best offensive weapons against the colts in Ajayi and Jeffrey. Those are 2 of the better players in the entire NFL, so not just gonna "next man up" with them.

Colts are young and hungry but that passion will die down as the season goes on and these college kids realize they're playing 16 games a year.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

On that note, yesterday I took Colts to win AFC South at +700. Great value imo.
    yeah. all the jags love pushing the price. but that division is gonna beat each other up like nfc south now and like nfc east used to.

Goat Milk

Colts can't win that division man. Lol. Their team is all rookies bro.

Jags team is full of guys who have been around the league for awhile. Those guys are determined to get to the superbowl. 0% chance they lose that division to the Colts.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Jags team is full of guys who have been around the league for awhile. Those guys are determined to get to the superbowl. 0% chance they lose that division to the Colts.
    not gonna be a runaway. titans game shows how division games are. road games at hou, indy, and ten will be tough. home games not easy either. for +700 with a qb like bortles, not too bad. he can revert at any moment.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

The Colts should be 3-0 and will win this game. Just not a homer pick either! Why would anyone want to bet on Houston? Houston hasn’t looked good at all! Colts have had the lead in the forth of every game to three 2-1 teams! Houston hasn’t had a lead!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by DaColts View Post
    The Colts should be 3-0 and will win this game. Just not a homer pick either! Why would anyone want to bet on Houston? Houston hasn’t looked good at all! Colts have had the lead in the forth of every game to three 2-1 teams! Houston hasn’t had a lead!
    Yeah and the Bills stomped the Vikings on the road after ppl saying they'd go 0-16. This ist he NFL bro. Week to week means shit. Texans are 0-3, faster, stronger, more talented, and are desperate. Colts are just happy they finally have a decent team to play football. That team isn't making the playoffs.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

0% is a joke. Yes the division is the jags to lose, but I’ve never had much faith in bortles, and with fournette sure to be injured that team is WAY too shaky on offensive to have a ton of confidence in. And cmon man, Luck is clearly the best QB in the division. H-town has too many issues, even if Watson continues to improve. Tennessee isn’t winning the division. Colts +700 is great value for something I think should be around +300.

Goat Milk

Key word is desperate. Watt and Clowney? Watson? Hopkins?

Lamar Miller last 2 games against Indy: 300 yards and 2 tds.

Goat Milk

0% is a joke. Yes the division is the jags to lose, but I’ve never had much faith in bortles, and with fournette sure to be injured that team is WAY too shaky on offensive to have a ton of confidence in. And cmon man, Luck is clearly the best QB in the division. H-town has too many issues, even if Watson continues to improve. Tennessee isn’t winning the division. Colts +700 is great value for something I think should be around +300.
    Imo Luck is not nearly the QB Watson is. Watson beat Bama almost by himself bro. Nearly twice. And came in the league last year and dismantled several teams

Also Fournette injury is over. He's missed 3 weeks already. I'm pretty sure he probably won't miss more than 1 more game. Who knows, but leonard fournette might be a top 3 rb in all of football.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

Yeah and the Bills stomped the Vikings on the road after ppl saying they'd go 0-16. This ist he NFL bro. Week to week means shit. Texans are 0-3, faster, stronger, more talented, and are desperate. Colts are just happy they finally have a decent team to play football. That team isn't making the playoffs.
    Never said they’d make the playoffs but the Colts D is real and under valued right now. Divisional game at home and the Colts look like the better team so far!

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Key word is desperate. Watt and Clowney? Watson? Hopkins?

Valid points here. Very interesting stats on Miller too, may consider on DFS.

and your next post, I agree Watson was so awesome in college and early last season. He doesn’t look quite as good this year. Remember that Luck brought a shit team to the playoffs his first 3 seasons. He’s 44-29. Talk to me when Watson gets his shit team to the playoffs and wins dd wins numerous seasons in a row.

also agree fournette is a top 3 RB when healthy but I’d bet a lot of money he misses at least another game this season, and probably more than one.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Alabama can beat Texans right now. They are the worst team in the NFL.
    Points Awarded:

jtoler gave pavyracer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Texans r trash. JJ Wyatt is most over hyped player ever in the nfl. Watson is not the same player he was last year. Oh then the coach..lol

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

you watch any highlights?

Darius Leonard... BEAST

refs helped out Philly last week

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Colts also going to pull out all the stops to not be 0-2 at home in first divisional game

they got the Patriots coming up next on THURSDAY NIGHT on the road... which game do you think they will be more "UP" for? Pats will have more of their weapons back on offense for the Colts and Luck struggles in NE

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Lean colts here

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Indy is decent and home

I took them

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Fact check: 2017 Miller went 128 scrimmage yards and 0 TDs in 2 games vs. Colts
    2016 Miller went 300 & 3

But I’m not sure it translates as those were all non-Watson offenses against totally different colts defenses

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s a qb Play

Luck the better qb

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Imo Luck is not nearly the QB Watson is. Watson beat Bama almost by himself bro. Nearly twice. And came in the league last year and dismantled several teams

Also Fournette injury is over. He's missed 3 weeks already. I'm pretty sure he probably won't miss more than 1 more game. Who knows, but leonard fournette might be a top 3 rb in all of football.
    By himself? You're delusional

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

So we take the colts?