dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    yes, golf and bowling are not sports. they are games of skill. i do not understand the fascination with tiger woods. is it his nickname, his domination in an era where he had weak competition. it's certainly not his personality or demeanor. forced to play golf at an early age by a mean and domineering parent left him bitter and nasty. he has talent but not an athlete by any stretch.
    I agree about bowling

Anyone can walk forward, drop a ball and get a strike 1 out of 6 or 7 times

No one accidentally drives it 320 yards off the tee or hits it within 2 feet from a fried egg lie in a greenside pot bunker

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

yes, one. ken venturi back in 1965 or so having to play 36 holes in one day to win the u.s. open in 105 degree heat. but none since.
    I'm sure John Daly sweated a few times playing after drinking and smoking binges the next day also..

Gotta stay in tip top shape for sure ...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    plus you have men in their 50s competing with men in there late teens to early 20s what other "sport" does that
    Darts, Pool, Snooker, Chess, Bowls, Archery, Bowling, (Curling)

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I agree about bowling

Anyone can walk forward, drop a ball and get a strike 1 out of 6 or 7 times

No one accidentally drives it 320 yards off the tee or hits it within 2 feet from a fried egg lie in a greenside pot bunker
    they practice, practice and keep practicing until they get it down. your weekend golfer who shoots a respectable 80 doesn't practice or they could knock 5 strokes off their game. these guys are skillful but not athletes. how much athleticism is required to be a good putter. that's where all the strokes are saved. on the putting green. all you need is good hand eye coordination and at least one arm.
    Last edited by unusialsusp5; 09-24-18 at 11:29 AM. Reason: putting

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    LouisvilleKid1 is the greatest comeback story, PERIOD

Tiger isn't done yet either...

Let him finish his story...

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What obstacles???? He's a womaniser = self-inflicted
    Pill popper = self-inflicted
    Injuries = every athlete cops them

Stop making excuses for this pig. Lovely that he won but he's been an arrogant cokksukker his whole life until his wife tuned his head with a golf club, tried to pretend he was sorry and is back to the same old rubbish. Trash who happens to have talent in a sport.
    Dam Woman!! Go Girl!!

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Poster above beat me to Ben Hogan story.

Was nearly killed in a car wreck when a bus traveling in the other lane mangled his car in 1949. He leaned over the seat last minute to protect his wife and fractured his pelvis in two places, his collar bone and ankle, and was left with blood clots. Didn’t know if he was going to live. A surgeon was flown in to save his life.

Less than 18 months later he wins the U.S. Open in 1950 at Merion. Playing 36 holes on Saturday.

That’s the biggest comeback in golf. Not even close.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

You guys are clueless

the amount of talent on tour right now is 1000000000x

Stronger

- great stories and no disrespect to history of golf

but cmon

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

his girlfriend looks pretty rough now thats hes won you know he will upgrade

dlowilly

they practice, practice and keep practicing until they get it down. your weekend golfer who shoots a respectable 80 doesn't practice or they could knock 5 strokes off their game. these guys are skillful but not athletes. how much athleticism is required to be a good putter. that's where all the strokes are saved. on the putting green. all you need is good hand eye coordination and at least one arm.
    First of all, weekend golfers don't shoot 80 unless they use to be full time golfers. Putting is an important aspect of the game but just one aspect. How much athleticism is required to make a free throw? About the same. Yes putting is what makes the difference but that's when ur talking good golfers. If you can't hit the ball where you want to sinking a few putts more often won't win you anything.

Golf just requires a different type of athleticism that doesn't focus so much on fast twitch muscle fibers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol weekend golfers average 100-120

80 golfers are very good

low level pros handicap 74

cut it out men

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

ive unioned cash to the kid, paid bar tabs, multi tabled tournaments, ****** his ex, and all i get is shit stew

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

The amazing thing is he was never that good at chipping and pitch shots. Never ranked high. And then he got the yips. But now suddenly he's #1 in the world this season in chipping. As good as he was, imagine if he had chipped back then like he has been now. Obviously he'll never pound the ball for distance like he did back then, but he's elevated other parts of his game even higher. Like Michael Jordan improving his jumpshot or 3-point shot late career.

I don't care if you didn't like the guy or not. It's amazing story if he can keep winning. Will be fun to watch. We'll see. He's still 42 and coming off injuries, so it's not going to last forever. We'll see if he can compete for the next 3-4 years. He's gotta win a major to be a complete comeback though.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Ok
    All pro golfers are arrogant spoiled pricks

You shouldn't be driving if you are whacked out on pills

He shouldn't have got married if he knew he was going poke everything that moved because it hurt his kids

That being said, probably doesn't make him Satan either

I don't care about the wife he cheated on
    She was a fricken nanny making no money when she met her target rich man
    The "nanny" got over 100 million dollars for a short marriage

She then married a billionaire
    See the pattern??

Golf is not as athletic as some sports but certainly one of the most mentally demanding

He is a phenomenon that will never be seen again in golf

As far as comebacks go, the only way it will be the greatest ever is if he dominates and wins some more majors

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The amazing thing is he was never that good at chipping and pitch shots. Never ranked high. And then he got the yips. But now suddenly he's #1 in the world this season in chipping. As good as he was, imagine if he had chipped back then like he has been now. Obviously he'll never pound the ball for distance like he did back then, but he's elevated other parts of his game even higher. Like Michael Jordan improving his jumpshot or 3-point shot late career.

I don't care if you didn't like the guy or not. It's amazing story if he can keep winning. Will be fun to watch. We'll see. He's still 42 and coming off injuries, so it's not going to last forever. We'll see if he can compete for the next 3-4 years. He's gotta win a major to be a complete comeback though.
    Lol
    Other than his struggles at the beginning of his comeback, Tiger has always had one of the greatest short games ever

What are you talking about??

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Lol
    Other than his struggles at the beginning of his comeback, Tiger has always had one of the greatest short games ever

What are you talking about??
    I'll have to find the numbers, but my recollection was that he usually ranked just top 50 or so in chipping (I'm not talking putting), but ranks #1 this year in chipping. Do you have a site handy that shows these kinds of stats? If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Golf is a frustrating sport.. I can't get into to it yet.. Maybe when I'm an old man.. It's too slow..

It is nice hanging with friends and out the greens though I can't lie. Need liquor though to golf or a bet challenge with buds to keep my interest.. Rather play tennis or surf these days.. Can actually get a work out with those real sports..

jjgold

It’s incredibly hard to be good at golf one of the hardest sport in the world, look at all the pro athletes that just can’t conquer and other sports trying but all the training and still shoot in the 80s

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Stop making excuses for this pig. Lovely that he won but he's been an arrogant cokksukker his whole life until his wife tuned his head with a golf club, tried to pretend he was sorry and is back to the same old rubbish. Trash who happens to have talent in a sport.
    LOL

Sports comeback I think he's up there.

Always give those MLB guys that missed war years a nod. William's misses 4+ years to war and comes back w a triple crown....that's huge.

Federer was basically written off in tennis until he got a new outlook on life and a new racquet.

Montana missed 18 months and got KC to the AFC championship.

Shari I feel the emotion in your post...that is man hating thou. Woods is a swordsman, it's what he needs to calm his nerves. And pills, but we all take pills in some form or another. Give the guy a break. He likes women, lots of women. We don't know the details of his marriage and Elin could have been a nag. If he wins a Masters or US Open then yes. His game isn't there yet and that's a field of champions to beat, but if at 45 or so he does it then yes, it's the greatest thing for golf ever and likely in sports history.

dlowilly

He sure did look rough though

Obviously heavy PED use throughout his career when you look at all the injuries, hair loss, and sunken face. Same as Rafael Nadal

jjgold

I'll have to find the numbers, but my recollection was that he usually ranked just top 50 or so in chipping (I'm not talking putting), but ranks #1 this year in chipping. Do you have a site handy that shows these kinds of stats? If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected.

your correct he had average short game not its one of best

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

This is not even a tournament to me. Only 30 players in it instead of 150 or so. Let him win a Major and then crow.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Were the 30 other competitors good, or just 30 randoms? I dont watch golf but can see if it was the top 30 he beat then this is a big deal. If its just 30 randoms, not such a big deal

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Were the 30 other competitors good, or just 30 randoms? I dont watch golf but can see if it was the top 30 he beat then this is a big deal. If its just 30 randoms, not such a big deal
    It included 18 of the top 20 players in the world. The best of the best.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    your correct he had average short game not its one of best
    Lol
    Yup, he won 79 tournaments including 14 majors with an average short game

jjgold

He was never ranked high short game

It was middle of the pack and now it’s the best, most guys here don’t know what you’re talking about and I making fools of them

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Golf isn't a sport and it was only a 30 person "tournament".

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Tiger will celebrate this win with pills, drugs and hookers again, he can't handle the highs and lows anymore.. ... Short lived comeback..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Lol
    Yup, he won 79 tournaments including 14 majors with an average short game
    His putting was near the top, but I'm saying his chipping game around the greens was better than average, but actually not elite. Don't have it at my fingertips, but something like top 40 or 50. He's turned that into a strength. Ranks #1 in chipping now, which he never did in the past.

maggiethebestdog

His putting was near the top, but I'm saying his chipping game around the greens was better than average, but actually not elite. Don't have it at my fingertips, but something like top 40 or 50. He's turned that into a strength. Ranks #1 in chipping now, which he never did in the past.
    I don't believe that but I am too lazy to check
    Chipping stats don't seem as clear cut to me as some other stats
    It is really dependent on whether you short side yourself or have a buried lie
    I know by watching him he had great touch around the greens

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Elen knew what she was getting herself into, it's not like she met Tiger when he was single... Cheating never ends well for both parties. Athletes get paid stupid amounts of money which often reveals their dark sides - something normal folks usually don't get to experience cause working 9 to 5 or can't afford. he needs / needed help

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    Elen knew what she was getting herself into, it's not like she met Tiger when he was single... Cheating never ends well for both parties. Athletes get paid stupid amounts of money which often reveals their dark sides - something normal folks usually don't get to experience cause working 9 to 5 or can't afford. he needs / needed help
    Technically he was single when they met, but how she couldn't know he was boinking every broad he met is not believable
    She got what she was after, his money

I don't think he needs help
    He just shouldn't have got married and had kids if he wants to screw every woman he meets

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    Athletes get paid stupid amounts of money which often reveals their dark sides - something normal folks usually don't get to experience cause working 9 to 5 or can't afford. he needs / needed help
    Sharp post..

Too much free time is the Devils play ground also and not just the boat loads of money, usually leads you to vices... Best to stay busy and work full time in life..

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Sharp post..

Too much free time is the Devils play ground also and not just the boat loads of money, usually leads you to vices... Best to stay busy and work full time in life..
    So because he wants to bang every broad he meets you guys think he needs help??
    Like I said, he was wrong for doing it while he was married and had small kids, but when he is single why do you guys care who he screws and how often??
    As long as it is 2 consenting adults and they are single, who are you people to say he needs help??

First 123 Last