thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you watch the tape on the Browns first 2 games the final score is very misleading, Pitt had a 21-7 lead driving late in the 4th against them and fumbled, Saints fumbled repeatedly in the game against them as well. Taylor wasn't impressive in either game. I have this game at pick'em because of how tough it is to play a road game on a short week, but Bowles is a much better coach than Jackson. I'll take 3 in a pick'em game that I think comes down to the wire.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Drew, are you ever going to reinstate Rudy and Dawg?

Magic 8 ball says .... My sources say no.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Should be a close low scoring game

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Lollolol - team got 1 win in 3 years giving 6?
    Yup.

Some massive over analysis going on this thread forgets a football betting maxim: try not to bet on bad teams. Not that the Jets are the Lombardi Packers or anything, but Cleveland has already displayed its well established sloppy play and blown opportunities. Add to that 1 win in three years or some bullshit and giving points ... big no no.

Every franchise eventually turns it around, but CLE hasn't earned that status yet. It's like picking the bottom or top of the stock market ... don't try it!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Dawg Pound
    Last edited by Snowball; 09-19-18 at 03:26 PM.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

I kinda see it being a wild Thurs game, debating teasing Jets and the Over or Jets and the under

figure they may not win, but Cle aint blowing anyone out

Also I think Landry is questionable?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

When was the last time Browns were not an underdog? Did the cover?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Yup.
    Some massive over analysis going on this thread forgets a football betting maxim: try not to bet on bad teams. Not that the Jets are the Lombardi Packers or anything, but Cleveland has already displayed its well established sloppy play and blown opportunities. Add to that 1 win in three years or some bullshit and giving points ... big no no.
    Every franchise eventually turns it around, but CLE hasn't earned that status yet. It's like picking the bottom or top of the stock market ... don't try it!
    Brown's should have won 6 games last year. Kizer blew 4 games with WTF red zone turnovers and Hue blew 2 with clock mismanagement. Hue is still mishandling the clock but the team is much improved. I expect the team to come out with their hair on fire and treat this game like a playoff. Browns run defense has been top 10 the last few years, so that's not a fluke. Now they have a solid secondary too. Great spot to release the bud...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    When was the last time Browns were not an underdog? Did the cover?
    The Browns are favored at home for the first time since Dec. 13th 2015 when they beat the 49ers.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The Browns are favored at home for the first time since Dec. 13th 2015 when they beat the 49ers.
    Thanks. Almost 3 years.

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

Y’all are missing the big question/bet here, what are the odds on Brown fans burning down the city should they actually win their first game in 30+ tries?

😜

BossPicks30
    BossPicks30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Jets were in a horrible spot week 2, obvious letdown spot for Darnold, but the Jets defense is much better than Cleveland's and the Jets have a kicker - which could be the difference in this game. I can't see how you bet Cleveland in a low scoring game like this with no kicker - they just signed a new kicker several days ago.
    Jets defense got exposed by tannehill... browns have forced 8 turnovers already vs 2 super qbs. Jets defense far from the browns. Teams sign new kickers every other week in this league too. That's like saying the Vikings aren't going to be that good because they just signed a new kicker...

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2310

I like the jets here but could see it going either way

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

One year ago no one gave a shit about this match-up, now it is actually somewhat interesting.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by BossPicks30 View Post
    Jets defense got exposed by tannehill... browns have forced 8 turnovers already vs 2 super qbs. Jets defense far from the browns. Teams sign new kickers every other week in this league too. That's like saying the Vikings aren't going to be that good because they just signed a new kicker...
    What are you talking about - the Dolphins barely had 250 yards of offense. Dolphins offense is better than Browns too. Roethlisberger gave away the balll in the first game, Browns were still down 2 touchdowns in the game despite being +5 in turnovers.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    One year ago no one gave a shit about this match-up, now it is actually somewhat interesting.
    Only because it’s the only game on the slate on TNF

If this game was Sunday afternoon the only thing of note would be Browns being favs for first time in years

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Only because it’s the only game on the slate on TNF

If this game was Sunday afternoon the only thing of note would be Browns being favs for first time in years
    No, I mean for a Thursday game it is interesting. If it was the Thursday game last year, I wouldn't have watched it. I'll be tuning in tomorrow.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by keely85 View Post
    I kinda see it being a wild Thurs game, debating teasing Jets and the Over or Jets and the under

figure they may not win, but Cle aint blowing anyone out

Also I think Landry is questionable?
    lol what? Why would you think of this as a wild offensive game?

Both teams struggle offensively. Jets D won’t know all the Brown’s plays, but Browns actually have a good D this year. I doubt either team breaks 350 total offensive yards. You got a rookie QB on the road on a short week and a Tyrod Taylor with a short WR group off back to back heartbreak losses due to shitty kicker. TNF games typically struggle offensively anyways.

To me, this game screams 20-13 Browns, or worse, 16-13 Browns.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

i saw a guy say hes on his last bet.. and hes putting it on a browns thursday night game why people why

Mrtop7
    Mrtop7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2178

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    3rd game in 11 days for the NYJ... fyi. On the road vs a team that could be 2-0 very easily.

Drew good eye on the Jets schedule

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Expect the Browns to win....but it's a Thursday night game....and they're the Browns....so pass on this one.

BossPicks30
    BossPicks30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    What are you talking about - the Dolphins barely had 250 yards of offense. Dolphins offense is better than Browns too. Roethlisberger gave away the balll in the first game, Browns were still down 2 touchdowns in the game despite being +5 in turnovers.
    Teams typically play worse on the road if this is your first year watching football. Tyrod on Thursday night at home? I remember him with the bills lighting up the jets on Thursday night last year. Brown's should never be favored. Vegas is giving it away. Pretty obvious

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Interesting.. this game will be a big one for the Dawg Pound. Also the two teams practiced together in the Pre Season. Hugh will throw the book at Darnold.
    Problem with the last part is Hugh’s book is a ragged index card.

Browns need to replace virtually the entire coaching staff. Williams is a dog shit coordinator. Haley is overrated and allergic to play action. Too many potential young stars on affordable 1st contracts to expose to those clowns.

I might throw jets into a 6pt teaser but that's about it on this game.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by BossPicks30 View Post
    Teams typically play worse on the road if this is your first year watching football. Tyrod on Thursday night at home? I remember him with the bills lighting up the jets on Thursday night last year. Brown's should never be favored. Vegas is giving it away. Pretty obvious
    The Browns aren't a good team if you haven't noticed, and Vegas has been overvaluing the Browns for 2 years, look at the Browns ATS last year.

St. Stephen
    St. Stephen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35

I will probably bet the Browns

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I played a +4.5 Teaser

New York Jets +7½
    New York Jets/Cleveland Browns Under 44½ *
    1 pays 1.07

Good luck

ByeShea

Brown's should have won 6 games last year. Kizer blew 4 games with WTF red zone turnovers and Hue blew 2 with clock mismanagement. Hue is still mishandling the clock but the team is much improved. I expect the team to come out with their hair on fire and treat this game like a playoff. Browns run defense has been top 10 the last few years, so that's not a fluke. Now they have a solid secondary too. Great spot to release the bud...
    Ask any jet fan - they should have won 9 games last year - got jobbed by a remarkable TD overturn that gave Pats a win. Means nothing.

Jets execute a little better than week 2 they win this game by 10 or more.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

1-1-32 included last 2 seasons, enough said. Gut says Browns win by 3 or less though.

I'm personally more excited to see CHI @ ARZ. Only game that might be better than this one.

Mac4Lyfe

Ask any jet fan - they should have won 9 games last year - got jobbed by a remarkable TD overturn that gave Pats a win. Means nothing.
    Jets execute a little better than week 2 they win this game by 10 or more.
    I was merely pointing out that for all the people who keep saying that the Browns were 0-16 last year that they were actually better than their winless record showed. They were clearly tanking. I'm still not sure if Hue was screwing up, mismanaging games on purpose but he's a weak link for sure.

Doogie M.D.
    Doogie M.D.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I like the Browns

ByeShea

for all the people who keep saying that the Browns were 0-16 last year that they were actually better than their winless record showed. They were clearly tanking.
    So after going 3-13 (2015) and then 1-15 (2016), the Browns masterminded a campaign of intentionally going 0-16?

These dividends paying off are still not reflected in the win column.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Bud light makes millions for every browns lost - amazing idea - People will keep mentioning bud light for each browns lost- once they win ? Bud lights go away

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

The consensus numbers are scary on this game especially if you are backing the Browns.

Mac4Lyfe

So after going 3-13 (2015) and then 1-15 (2016), the Browns masterminded a campaign of intentionally going 0-16?

These dividends paying off are still not reflected in the win column.
    Yep, the front office was intent on tanking last year. They could have had their franchise QB a year early in Wentz or Watson or Mahomes but they chose to wait another year. Hue even mentioned that he was paid to LOSE games, insinuating that the front office wanted him to tank.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    lol what? Why would you think of this as a wild offensive game?

Both teams struggle offensively. Jets D won’t know all the Brown’s plays, but Browns actually have a good D this year. I doubt either team breaks 350 total offensive yards. You got a rookie QB on the road on a short week and a Tyrod Taylor with a short WR group off back to back heartbreak losses due to shitty kicker. TNF games typically struggle offensively anyways.

To me, this game screams 20-13 Browns, or worse, 16-13 Browns.
    I always assume thurs night games favor offense...or like i said "wild" nonsense (turnovers, def tds, 75+ plays) i dont trust Hue to coach his way out of a close game where the jets dont cover 10 and i like one team to break 20

dunno i will prob take more bets on props if anything

First 1234 Last