Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Timberwolves Are Imploding From Within

Jimmy Butler will reportedly meet with the Timberwolves today to discuss his future in Minnesota. It’s no secret Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns have tension. Towns has yet to sign his rookie-scale contract extension.

Apparently, the dots connect.

Shams Charania:

There’s been a lot of uncertainty around Jimmy Butler all summer. He hasn’t been back to Minnesota. This is going to be a telltale week for him. Very much so, I’m told, this a last-ditch meeting for the Minnesota Timberwolves and Tom Thibodeau, and how they respond and how Jimmy responds to it will be interesting.

Karl-Anthony Towns, who’s one of the top talents in the league, has yet to sign to sign his rookie max extension, which should be a no-brainer. And I’m told there won’t be any decision on that until this Jimmy Butler situation resolves itself.

If Minnesota must choose between Towns and Butler, Towns – six years younger and much healthier – is the clear choice. I think, even with his affection for former Bulls, Thibodeau knows that.

The bigger question: Can Thibodeau get everyone on the same page? It’d be ideal for the Timberwolves to keep both their stars.

Butler can become an unrestricted free agent next summer, and if he doesn’t sign an extension by 6 p.m. Eastern on Oct. 15, Towns will be a restricted free agent next summer. So, there’s little risk of losing Towns soon. But if letting Butler leave is required to keep Towns long-term, it’d be better to trade Butler now rather than letting him walk for nothing next offseason.

Today’s meeting could provide clarity, but one way or another, Minnesota is clearly in a tough spot.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Take the under of 45 1/2 wins. A team imploding in the NBA Western Conference is not a good combination.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

It's not surprising they clash. Butler talks tough and plays like it. Towns talks tough but is a softie.

IBetYou

Wiggins has rejected his NT since the disappointment of the '15 FIBA Americas. Alarm bells there ...if you enjoy basketball you play for your NT.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I put butler in the rare elite 2 way players with Leonard:Thompson/PG- Trade towns - ( no toughness)

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    It's not surprising they clash. Butler talks tough and plays like it. Towns talks tough but is a softie.
    Butler is a true leader. These snowflakes need to learn from him instead of bitching about him.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Team needs shooting. Nobody on that team can make 3's.

They should call Washington about a beal for butler swap.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Team needs shooting. Nobody on that team can make 3's.

They should call Washington about a beal for butler swap.
    Lollollol - butler is way better then Beal

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Butler is a true leader. These snowflakes need to learn from him instead of bitching about him.
    I wouldn't say he's a true leader. Fighter yes, leader no! He didn't lead the Bulls, and now he's not leading the Pups. He has issues -which isn't surprising when you consider his mother kicked him onto the streets because she didn't like the look of him no more.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 09-18-18 at 04:41 PM.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

butler and kyrie irving will be playing for the knicks in 2019-2020. book it.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Lollollol - butler is way better then Beal
    and both teams have serious chemistry issues....

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

the minnesota Timberbulls

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    and both teams have serious chemistry issues....
    T-Pupps set back because towns can’t take that next step - Fat ass tibbs won’t be around long

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

These players get paid millions and still bitch and moan.. More NBA drama garbage.. Spoiled brats..

You sign a contract you should honor it like a man and go out of your way to get along with your teammates I say. Keep your mouth shut until your contract is over..

I hate when players demand a trade after they signed a contract...

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    These players get paid millions and still bitch and moan.. More NBA drama garbage.. Spoiled brats..

You sign a contract you should honor it like a man and go out of your way to get along with your teammates I say. Keep your mouth shut until your contract is over..

I hate when players demand a trade after they signed a contract...
    except when the team you signed with trades you to a place you do not want to go to.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    except when the team you signed with trades you to a place you do not want to go to.
    Well that's in the collective bargaining agreement. If they don't like it there's other leagues. Not that Butler is demanding a trade anyway.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

butler and kyrie irving will be playing for the knicks in 2019-2020. book it.
    The Nets might have something to say about it.

ikid2groove415

Butler is a good number 2 option- wouldn’t want him leading my team -

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Butler will be wearing a Lakers jersey in the 2018-19 season. Book it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Should have signed a no trade clause.. He didn't and shiiit happens.. Should still zip it, get paid and play ball to the best of his ability until his contract is up.

Earn those millions and you owe it to fans to play hard and your best always for any team you play for I think....

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

There's a meeting w mgmt tomorrow

I think this is basically "are you going to sign for $120mm or should we start shopping you?"

Butler doesn't like being in MN and I don't blame him...he's a worldly traveler

The beef w KAT is a smokescreen

Absent a long term deal Butler will wind up playing w Kyrie somewhere on a coast

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2108

Trade him to the knicks then we are getting kyrie and kd

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Every ball player wants to come LA and play with the Lakers and Lebron now in this huge market to maybe win a championship, I know I would.. That is a first choice I'm sure even for Butler..

Endorsements and player recognition in a big market is key...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21425

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Wagner for Butler and Bates-Diop?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Wagner for Butler?
    Subtract Ball and/or Kuzma, and add in a draft pick IMO

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21425

Subtract Ball and/or Kuzma, and add in a draft pick IMO
    Doesn't seem like the numbers work without both. I amended to send back Bates-Diop.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7360

Thibs LOLOL

unusialsusp5

Every ball player wants to come LA and play with the Lakers and Lebron now in this huge market to maybe win a championship, I know I would.. That is a first choice I'm sure even for Butler..

somehow i don't think players are lining up or dreaming about playing with lebron. i guarantee that their dreams first and foremost are about getting a max contract in a city they like. butler's first choice is to play with irving in ny area. 2nd choice would be LA.

ikid2groove415

Lollolol - most superstars don’t wanna play with Lebron - how long will lebron and the love affair of LA Last? Once he knows he can’t win with garbage -

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Some superstars may not want to play with Lebron but they want to play in LA.. Weather and endorsements... Why do you think Lebron came to LA????

Lakers are in the process of making things happens and have the money to spend...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Lakers won't be trading for him when they could just sign him as a free agent during the 2019 summer. I've heard he might end up in New York with Kyrie.

ikid2groove415

^^^Some superstarts may not want to play with Lebron but they want to play in LA.. Weather and endorsements...
    Jibbs LA isn’t a special place now - with all the social media now - you can get exposure everywhere ( can’t beat the weather tho)

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

As a lifelong Wolves fan, this is normal. Thibs and Taylor will screw it up. These are the days of our lives.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Jibbs LA isn’t a special place now - with all the social media now - you can get exposure everywhere ( can’t beat the weather tho)
    LA still the biggest market.. With Lebron you will win.. Make a bigger name for yourself.. Get paid max. When free agency comes around and Lebron is to old you can go else where.. I can go on and on.. Lakers are on verge of being a solid contender now..

ikid2groove415

LA still the biggest market.. With Lebron you will win.. Make a bigger name for yourself.. Get paid max. When free agency comes around and Lebron is to old you can go else where.. I can go on and on.. Lakers are on verge of being a solid contender now..
    Lakers Probly 2nd best team in the WEST- I don’t know what the fck Houston is doing - lost 2 good perimeter defender and add a garbage guy like MeLo- that gives zero fcks about defense - they will regress - also
    A old roster

12 Last