Washington Nationals Assistant General Manager Bob Miller, a former executive with the Diamondbacks, has placed his 2001 World Series ring up for auction to raise money for his colleague, Doug Harris, who is undergoing treatment for leukemia.

Harris, the Nationals’ assistant GM and vice president of player personnel, has been battling leukemia since July, the second time he’s fought the disease. Earlier this summer, Harris’ wife, Lisa, set up a GoFundMe page with a goal of raising $400,000 to pay for an expensive CAR-T cell therapy treatment. That campaign raised more than $150,000.

Miller was the director of baseball operations for the Diamondbacks in 2001, the year they beat the New York Yankees in Game 7 to clinch Arizona’s first major-sports championship.

“I’ve got the memories from 2001, but the physical ring means nothing,” Miller said. “It’s sitting in a vault. I’m proud of it, but I don’t need it.”

Harris, in his role overseeing the Nationals’ farm system, played a significant role in the development of Diamondbacks outfielder Steven Souza Jr., who said he still views Harris as a sort of baseball father figure.

“He has an ability to understand the game,” Souza said, “but be personable and be straightforward and care about other people. He always puts other people first.

“I think that’s what Bob sees. It’s an amazing thing for somebody to give up their World Series ring so that Doug can get these treatments. I really wish more people would step up and help out.”

Miller’s ring had a bid of $10,500 as of midday Thursday. The auction, which can be found at auctions.mlb.com, ends Tuesday night.