coopdiesel
    coopdiesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 356

Local Guy Limiting Plays

I'm trying not to read into this too much - but can't help myself, so wanted to get feedback. Sorry for long post....

I use a local guy for bigger plays, have been using him for a few years now and though i've never met him personally, it's worked out well - no issues. No gain/loss limit - only a payout threshold on Tuesday AM.

After having a great football season, this past winter/spring has been the first year i've done college bball and baseball.

I got killed in march madness - basically washed out football - poor money management whatever. Played baseball pretty even and had a good season except the last week leading into NCAAF. I got killed going into opening saturday and was down a fair amount. I made huge swing in college football made some big plays (usually a 1-5 unit player, made 2x 10unit plays and a lot of 5u plays) while down and got myself out. went something stupid like 11-3 or something.

Tuesday rolls around, get paid, get a text saying my game limit is capped at 5units. Never before has he done this. Figured it was a bad weekend or something, no clue.

Week 2 rolls in, i make a couple MLB plays, up 7units. Football comes saturday, have a great day, up 14units and i stop because i want paid on tuesday. Tuesday rolls around, get paid, get a text...capped at 3u.

I ask why and he said he thinks its shady with being down and making big plays. Taking big breaks under the threshold, etc. I say i'm just trying to make back what i lost during march madness and he said thats the point, if i'm low i shouldn't be making big bets that i don't typically make.

Just don't know what to make of it - it kinda got in my head and i've been on a hot streak.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just go offshore with a few good books, not to mention alot of vip rewards with offshore. If you are looking to be needing any of that cash before a quarter year goes by, i guess stay where you are at.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1538

Book is covering his own behind.

*You made the mistake of taking big swings and hitting the ball out of the park.
    Book doesn't take kindly to getting dented.
    Spread big plays over several outs.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/07/2021

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO

Pre pay your big bets a few hours ahead w notice, he'll take them and lay it off

coopdiesel

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Book is covering his own behind.

*You made the mistake of taking big swings and hitting the ball out of the park.
    Book doesn't take kindly to getting dented.
    Spread big plays over several outs.
    What i figured - not a problem, just first it's happened. Not used to using the offshores in that way but depending on how this week goes might give it a go.

coopdiesel

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Pre pay your big bets a few hours ahead w notice, he'll take them and lay it off
    good thought

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

He probably thinks with going heavy as you stated , 10x and hitting something is up .
    Use to be a runner , they know their clients tendencies, when you start betting more , they have a feeling , you're going to max out your limit , in which you can't pay or get lucky , as you stated and he's not going to be having a chance to get it back because you go back to your tendencies of 1 or 2 units per game after hitting it big .
    Problem with a local , he controls you . He can easily do what he did and possibly even limit it all to 1 or 2 units .
    I'm certain he's had the same thing happen but the opposite , client maxed out their limit to not see a dime of it . So it's not that abnormal being around it while growing up .
    I've seen 1 bettor , a Doctor , lost more than the rest of their clients put together won . He couldn't pay it because locals for the most part is on credit and instead of being an overall profitable week , lost their ass because 1 person couldn't pay .
    Why do most use a local ? May not be you but 90+% is because it's credit , so they're leary when big bets pop up like that at some point, they aren't getting paid on the double or nothing bet or someone can't hit a bet to save their life .

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

How do you have a local that you've never met?

Anyway, to solve your problem just go offshore. It's so easy these days.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2283

Gotta agree w the man here. You obviously were taking shots at him after being down (you admit 10x not your normal play) so guy feels thereís no good faith anymore.

If you went 3-11 w those bet sizes could you have settled?

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Betpoints: 1903

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    How do you have a local that you've never met?

Anyway, to solve your problem just go offshore. It's so easy these days.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36

All serious gamblers need a top Local (PPH) or two...

you dont have one

Sammy aint serious any longer , no Local

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Betpoints: 1903

Cooper your not smart so no worries

Plenty would love your action

coopdiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    He probably thinks with going heavy as you stated , 10x and hitting something is up .
    Use to be a runner , they know their clients tendencies, when you start betting more , they have a feeling , you're going to max out your limit , in which you can't pay or get lucky , as you stated and he's not going to be having a chance to get it back because you go back to your tendencies of 1 or 2 units per game after hitting it big .
    Problem with a local , he controls you . He can easily do what he did and possibly even limit it all to 1 or 2 units .
    I'm certain he's had the same thing happen but the opposite , client maxed out their limit to not see a dime of it . So it's not that abnormal being around it while growing up .
    I've seen 1 bettor , a Doctor , lost more than the rest of their clients put together won . He couldn't pay it because locals for the most part is on credit and instead of being an overall profitable week , lost their ass because 1 person couldn't pay .
    Why do most use a local ? May not be you but 90+% is because it's credit , so they're leary when big bets pop up like that at some point, they aren't getting paid on the double or nothing bet or someone can't hit a bet to save their life .
    Bro - best response. Thank for the detail here, sheds some more light on the othersode

coopdiesel

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Gotta agree w the man here. You obviously were taking shots at him after being down (you admit 10x not your normal play) so guy feels thereís no good faith anymore.

If you went 3-11 w those bet sizes could you have settled?
    Yeah I donít bet what I canít afford to lose or pay, but they were my confidence plays for the day. I mean itís just business, so yeah if he needs to cover his ass for a few weeks and limit me I get it.

coopdiesel

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cooper your not smart so no worries

Plenty would love your action
    Not taking this bait. BOL to you.

coopdiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    All serious gamblers need a top Local (PPH) or two...

you dont have one

Sammy aint serious any longer , no Local
    I felt like he was - never missed a payout, feel pretty confident his actions were warranted.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by coopdiesel View Post
    I felt like he was - never missed a payout, feel pretty confident his actions were warranted.
    If your down 2k and usually play 200 a game and start firing away 1000+ a game you don't think its warranted that he is like wtf this guy never goes hard like this cmon now its a business

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

coopdiesel

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    If your down 2k and usually play 200 a game and start firing away 1000+ a game you don't think its warranted that he is like wtf this guy never goes hard like this cmon now its a business
    That isnít the case though, and is ultimately my point. While normally 3-5u player, Iíve made 10u plays with him and have lost. March madness prime example and I paid up.

Do I think he said wtf, most definitely, but I donít think it had to do with big plays while down and if it did he obviously didnít care to consider the big plays Iíve lost while down.

I donít really care enough to make a stink about it because I can just as easily make the plays offshore or drive up to Vegas. I just like the credit model using a local offers.