Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Formula 1 Spot Bets - Free money again?

I was running around the bash last Saturday trying to convince anyone who would listen that Vettel +150 was incredibly good value to win the Belgium Grand Prix on Sunday, after Lewis Hamilton had beaten him to pole position in qualifying due to rain.

Those that spoke to me know how strong I felt about that bet, and think I even said to many I thought that sort of opportunity would only come up 2 or 3 times per year in F1.

Well maybe I am over excited by the big win last week, but I think we have another this week!

Once again, Vettel has dominated the time sheets in practice and looked set for pole position, but this week his team mate has pipped him at the post, due to Vettel himself helping the other guy with an aero tow. And once again this has given us better odds than we should be getting.

Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix
    Sun 9/2 9:10AM
    Sebastian Vettel -150

This race I also have a nice dog bet I think is worth sharing too.

Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix - Fastest Lap
    Sun 9/2 9:10AM
    Daniel Ricciardo +500

He will be starting from the rear due to penalties for changing to a new engine.

He also chose not to run in the 2nd part of qualifying as a strategy move allowing him to choose to start on a brand new set of tires of his choice.

A few years ago, when Vettel was driving for the Red Bull team Ricciardo is at now, he was forced to start at the rear for the same reason, did the same thing in qualifying and then started the race on the hardest tires and ran until under 10 laps from the end, before changing to the softest (fastest) compound tires, which won him both the race and fastest lap time.

Add to this that Ricciardo is known to chase fastest lap if the opportunity arises in races more than most pother drivers, and I think +500 here is super duper value. He should be favorite for it at no more than +250.

(remember +250 is not a lock bet, but he should be genuine clear favorite and personally I am going 4x my usual bet here)

*One last note for those that spoke to me at bash about Vettel. Singapore is the next race after this. That is the race I said the next good opportunity would come up. Keep an eye out for openers on Monday 10th September and jump on TEAM TO WIN RACE - Red Bull. Should be about +300 when it opens. I am pretty sure it will be -300 by time betting closes. (yes I know that sounds crazy but Im serious)
    Points Awarded:

Honeybadger44 gave Optional 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Good Work Opti

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

when is formula 1 going to become more competitive there are 2 drivers that win thats it

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

any matchups you like? I'm funded at GTbets currently and that is all they have listed.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

Vette (-150 ) win...1x mx

FL: dan (550) hulk (6600)
    Last edited by 5mike5; 09-02-18 at 07:24 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

looks like GTbets finally posted the odds and Vettel is -200 yikes

I think I'll pass at that price but wishing you guys luck!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Indycar the same way it’s the same couple drivers that are competitive that’s why the sports are dying

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Vette (-150 ) win...1x mx

FL: dan (550) hulk (6600)
    Nice bet on Hulkenburg fast lap too Mike.

He is starting from rear next to Ricciardo and has same option. This is such a fast track I am not sure that Renault car will be quite able to set the time needed here though. Putting a few bucks on him with you though.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

Diaster for vettel

Optional

Well that penetrates that.

Hamilton turns Vettel around on lap 1.

Ricciardo changes tires so the fast lap idea for him not looking as good either. :\

brandon89
    brandon89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

who do you have this week? I think Vettel this week. I had Lewis in this last race. But have Vettel this week coming up at Sing. And like Ricciardo getting +550. And like perez top 10. -150