dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

There is no such thing "Responsible Gambling"! It's a myth!

Hopefully that would be my last post in this forum, in regards to placing bets ... I would like to call all of you who want to stop gambling ... many of you including myself were under the impression that gambling is something fun, recreational and entertaining.

Many of you including myself, were under the impression that Gambling should be made responsibly, but that is a myth! There is no such thing a responsible gambling - it doesn't exist!

Smart people either never bet, or at worst put a 1 pound / dollar bet, and leave ... the other group of people are those who are addicted to it ... as long as you keep on gambling you are serving the exact purpose of the gambling establishment owner who will get more of your money, and it's not a question of whether it would happen or not, it's a fact.

Even if you win big time (search my post for big win of $10,000 betting on Obama to win the elections, just google my username and Obama, you would find it) ... trust me, you would lose it in the end, and I lost much more than that afterwards.

I know many of you are so much into gambling and you won't take it seriously I guess, some of you even like to make a laugh out of posts like this, and I can only pity you if that's what you intend to do in this thread, however I know my words won't fall on dead ears, and even if I manage to help a few others here, who might be non-registered users who happen to read this post, or other users who do pay attention to it ... at least I did my best here.

I encourage you to read the book of Gambling Facts and Fictions if you want to stop gambling, it does talk about the exact issues you're here, it's an excellent book for those who "love" sports betting and cannot find enough information about it on other "gamcare" websites which talk more about fruit machines and other gambling stuff you are probably not interested with and seeing those who try those as "stupid gamblers" ... trust me, we're all stupid gamblers, whether we bet on football, basketball, tennis, hockey or horse racing ...

I hope that my words and this post would serve as a good starting point for those who need it...

Wishing you goodluck winning on a daily basis, simply by not betting at all.

Last edited by dontknowhowtobet; 01-14-14 at 11:01 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: steveharris, icecapper, and asdf21

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You will be back kid

Nobody stops

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    Hopefully that would be my last post in this forum,

This is the only part of your post I agree with.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You will be back kid

Nobody stops
    As I said, some of you might make a laugh about this, but I am writing it seriously ... as you can see I was less active in the forum for quite a while, I have no intention to feed the gambling industry with one more single penny, and not to talk about the time wasted ... I'm still young (only 28 years old) so I have a better road ahead of me ... I don't know your age, jjgold, and I know you're pretty much hooked up in this forum (153k posts!) but everyone is entitled for a free will, and a free choice ...

I would like to say "days will tell" but just let's see where we are a week, a month from now, and then we'll see if "nobody stops" ... I'm sorry if you feel like you cannot stop and you're so much into it, but I'm not, not anymore ... it's not in my interest to handicap over or under of an NBA game knowing that regardless of the outcome I would still be a big loser in the end of the day ... I'd like to be a winner, on a daily basis ... I don't need this, I honestly don't, and I'm not talking to you after having a loss today, I haven't ... I am not interested in this kind of thing anymore, it's a cruel system that if you don't have enough info about - it can kill you, financially and personally as well.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    This is the only part of your post I agree with.
    I don't know you, James D, and I am not sure who you are really, behind your keyboard, but your sarcasm is very much not appreciated.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Hopefully that would be my last post in this forum
    Was hoping that too. And you idiot just failed.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Between you and me the one being an idiot is you, keep on losing your money and hand it over to the gambling industry, you are just one big pathetic idiotic person if that's what you want to do.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

responsible gambling = money management

end of story.
    Points Awarded:

747planes gave innovation 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Shalack4

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post

end of story.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post

end of story.
    I am sorry but there is no such thing as "money management", the system is not built in a way for you to make money out of it ... I'm sorry but if you managed to make money out of gambling, or make a living out of it, then by all means, say it, be proud of it ... but there is no such thing as money management. Even if you are in a position of winning now, trust me, I've been after winning $20,000 and even more ... I know where I ended up with it ... there are no exceptions here, I'm sorry, but there simply aren't.

It's a cruel system that would make you chase your losses, double your stakes, and never stop until you're funds are drained ... I don't know how many years or months you've been gambling, but your approach to gambling is wrong, and it would lead you to a financial loss, that is a guarantee and I'm even willing to bet on it if that's what you want, not because I want to, but because I'm willing to put my name and dignity behind what I say ... you cannot deny the fact you would become a loser from gambling, in the end of the day there are no people making money out of gambling, there are no professional gamblers .... perhaps there is one in a million, but try to find one, just name me one successful professional gambler, Ashley Revel ? who jut made one bet on the Roulette? Name me one person ....

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know you, James D, and I am not sure who you are really, behind your keyboard, but your sarcasm is very much not appreciated.
    Not being sarcastic at all. Just because you are incapable of doing something you assume it is not possible for anyone. It takes a tremendous ego to look at life in the manner. I can not perform neurosurgery however I don't preach to strangers that neurosurgery is impossible. It is impossible for me to perform neurosurgery, my limitations have no effect on the rest of the world. You should realize the same reality applies to your limitations.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Magic62

dontknowhowtobet

Of course from the other side of the table those who constantly making money from gambling are the bookmakers themselves ... trust me, they are not making hundreds, they are making millions, and they would constantly do so, as long as there are enough losers in this world to hand over their hard-earned money to them. The fact it's being online and available on a 24/7 basis even makes their life sweet... theirs but not yours ... ask yourself how many times you've been in depression, sadness or had thoughts of stopping but never did?

Ask yourself these questions ... as I said read the book I recommended in my initial post, it would do you better than placing another bet.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

I am sorry but there is no such thing as "money management", the system is not built in a way for you to make money out of it ... I'm sorry but if you managed to make money out of gambling, or make a living out of it, then by all means, say it, be proud of it ... but there is no such thing as money management. Even if you are in a position of winning now, trust me, I've been after winning $20,000 and even more ... I know where I ended up with it ... there are no exceptions here, I'm sorry, but there simply aren't.

It's a cruel system that would make you chase your losses, double your stakes, and never stop until you're funds are drained ... I don't know how many years or months you've been gambling, but your approach to gambling is wrong, and it would lead you to a financial loss, that is a guarantee and I'm even willing to bet on it if that's what you want, not because I want to, but because I'm willing to put my name and dignity behind what I say ... you cannot deny the fact you would become a loser from gambling, in the end of the day there are no people making money out of gambling, there are no professional gamblers .... perhaps there is one in a million, but try to find one, just name me one successful professional gambler, Ashley Revel ? who jut made one bet on the Roulette? Name me one person ....
    Yeah, cause you're one of the dumbest guys around, I'm sure you will do exactly that
    Now go fy and don't let the door hit you.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Not being sarcastic at all. Just because you are incapable of doing something you assume it is not possible for anyone. It takes a tremendous ego to look at life in the manner. I can not perform neurosurgery however I don't preach to strangers that neurosurgery is impossible. It is impossible for me to perform neurosurgery, my limitations have no effect on the rest of the world. You should realize the same reality applies to your limitations.
    I'm sorry but don't you believe in democracy?
    Where are you from, the US, the UK?
    Aren't these countries established on democracy?

So I'm now becoming the one who's preaching people, and I'm the loser here who is telling people they can have better life, and you are the one defending the gambling industry saying they are okay "preaching" people in advertisements online and on television to bet, but I'm not okay talking about it and sharing my perspective? Now how stupid can that be?

James ... you sound intelligent, but in terms of the way you analyze what I do here ... I just use one single thread, not spamming the board, and not mass Private Messaging anyone ... I am just writing things from the bottom of my heart - you wanna disagree? by all means ... but be fair with your judgement.

dontknowhowtobet

Yeah, cause you're one of the dumbest guys around, I'm sure you will do exactly that
    Now go fy and don't let the door hit you.
    Sorry, you are an idiot, and it's not even worth responding to you.
    I really hope you won't ruin your life gambling, I dearly hope so.
    Good luck with that.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

When Columbus found America he was taking a gamble.

don't kid yourself there is no quitting gambling.

ask No Coincidences how long his retirement lasted.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    When Columbus found America he was taking a gamble.

don't kid yourself there is no quitting gambling.

ask No Coincidences how long his retirement lasted.
    Let's do this.
    From time to time I would post here updating you of my progress.
    I have no problems doing that, it can be part of my diary and part of my own recovery.

I've never looked at gambling from the perspective I have after reading the book, and I was always under the impression that gambling is okay but should be done moderately - and that is the myth and lie the gambling industry is selling to people, and they do it quite successfully! - there is no such thing ... after realizing that I honestly don't want to place a bet, it's disgusting for me, I feel like as I was 10 years old, not knowing what gambling is and not wanting to try it ... only now I am on the other side of the path ... I honestly don't want to place not even one single more bet in my life.

jjgold

dontknow I hope you make it, your writing like a pathological gambler which is the worst type. If you still post here you will come back. How much have you lost in your lifetime??

dontknowhowtobet

dontknow I hope you make it, your writing like a pathological gambler which is the worst type. If you still post here you will come back. How much have you lost in your lifetime??
    Thanks jjgold ....
    To be honest I've lost count but after winning $10,000 on Obama and another $10,000 approx from NBA bets, I think I've lost afterwards around $60,000 or $70,000 which makes it around $50,000 "net" losses, it would be pretty much more or less the figure I would imagine that I've lost ... it's not fun but it's an "okay" amount that I can deal with in my life.

I hope others would realize what I've realized after reading the book, I really hope others would be aware of the way the system works, it is not designed to you making money, not even a penny whatsoever.

Magic62
    Magic62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Magic62

Magic62

Ignore that idiot..he bets on on odds like -10,000 thinking it is a sure bets and then when he gets a hose sup his ASS he starts whining.

Magic62

Thanks jjgold ....
    To be honest I've lost count but after winning $10,000 on Obama and another $10,000 approx from NBA bets, I think I've lost afterwards around $60,000 or $70,000 which makes it around $50,000 "net" losses, it would be pretty much more or less the figure I would imagine that I've lost ... it's not fun but it's an "okay" amount that I can deal with in my life.

I hope others would realize what I've realized after reading the book, I really hope others would be aware of the way the system works, it is not designed to you making money, not even a penny whatsoever.
    Obviously,you are a certified idiot.others learn from mistakes,you haven't if you reached such amounts losing,if you were comfortable why are you whining here?it takes some self discipline,good money management and being selective,its not about chasing and getting rich overnight,long slow and steady win the race.betting with value only and being selective is the key.obviously,you will never get it if all you can come up with is whining after 50k down the drain.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Just quit gambling and quit posting here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog

jjgold

No place here quitters

If you quit at gambling you will quit at everything

Best of luck

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Magic62 View Post
    Obviously,you are a certified idiot.others learn from mistakes,you haven't if you reached such amounts losing,if you were comfortable why are you whining here?it takes some self discipline,good money management and being selective,its not about chasing and getting rich overnight,long slow and steady win the race.betting with value only and being selective is the key.obviously,you will never get it if all you can come up with is whining after 50k down the drain.
    If you are the one making money and living out of gambling then congratulations ... but I honestly doubt that.

dontknowhowtobet

No place here quitters

If you quit at gambling you will quit at everything

Best of luck
    That's a really wrong way of looking at things but wtvr.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Just quit gambling and quit posting here.
    I'm glad my posts are irritating and annoying you ... there are tons of other threads and topics which you can read.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

everything in life is a gamble. buying a house, vehicle, getting married (ugh) having kids, choosing the wrong vocation, crossing the street, buying health insurance, it's all a gamble. now wagering on sports, horses, etc is fun and can be profitable now and then. sure probably in the long run you will lose, but it's entertaining and what's the point of saving your money so some nursing home can usurp it all in your final years more than likely (they will if you end up there). just playing the lottery (daily) should be mandatory for everyone if you want minimize your gambling. even 3-4 dollars a day can at least give you a chance to attain some wealth without bankrupting your life. do it.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    everything in life is a gamble. buying a house, vehicle, getting married (ugh) having kids, choosing the wrong vocation, crossing the street, buying health insurance, it's all a gamble.
    It is gamble, but it's not one that would lead you to financial loss (well, choosing a gold-digger to be your wife would but you get my point).

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    now wagering on sports, horses, etc is fun and can be profitable now and then
    Can you explain to me what is so fun losing $100 (or more) on a bet, and then chasing with $200 and losing it as well?
    What is so much fun about handing over your money so easily to the gambling industry?
    Losing money is no fun, it's a recipe for your financial loss and in some cases can be a catastrophe.

jjgold

Lakerboy is a kingmaker

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Dontknowhowtobet
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

listen kid. discipline takes time. bet only 1-3% of your roll and try not to chase when you're having a bad day. it takes a lot of practice. gl

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

dontknowhowtobet.....it's funny that you wrote this post at 11:56am, and then less then an hour later, you posted your play on Towson ML in the College Basketball Forum. Your not going anywhere, who you kiddin?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

A guy walks into a racetrack with 20 dollars to bet. He does so because he puts himself on a budget knowing he has a wife and 2 kids to support. He very much enjoys playing the ponies but does so responsibly.

That is responsible gambling.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

1234 ... Last