sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

hopefully all these broke dikk fukks turn PRO once they cash their Khabib tickets

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    hopefully all these broke dikk fukks turn PRO once they cash their Khabib tickets
    How much KYC does it take to turn pro?

Is a picture ID enough?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Lol ill be pro one day. Heard it takes forever though.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Heard it takes forever
    I'm certain they do extensive background checks on all of the criminal masterminds inhabiting this place.

That's a lot of material to go through.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by fudy213 View Post
    Khabib down to -175 at 5dimes. When this happens I usually think "what do they know that I dont"? Not this time. Gonna stay firm with the Eagle. Looking at Khabibs evolution in the UFC he has gotten far better at what he does best and even has gotten decent in striking, although he uses it only to set up takedowns. Conor is a counterpuncher and Khabib will never overextend himself on a punch. I see him pressing Conor up against the cage and using his many tools to take him to the mat, or to tire Conor out.
    I dont expect the line to be 175 at fight time, but who knows, talking to many people about this fight, Im shocked at how many dont know about Khabib. The average mush knows Conor and his Barnum n Bailey act, think hes this MMA god that is unbeatable. Most think Khabib only is champ because Conor went to fight Mayweather. Come fight time the line might indeed be close to what it is now, the conor-philes might even get it down. We will see.
    I havent been this excited for a fight since I met Todd Barlow behind the gym after 4th period. Pounded his ass too!!!
    The drop in line might have to do with mushes knowing Khabib takedowns are not stellar at 50 percent in the UFC which means it is gonna be stick and move till the big left hand and out goes Khabib and his rushing in style

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Khabib should be a bigger favorite buy delusional mcgregor fans betting mcgregor

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

From what I've seen, these levels, -176 or so, get hit and send the line back up. Even so, there is a lot of public consumption of MacG, he is getting the continual money and there's been another drive down.

There are blips though, and signs, in my opinion, that sharp money is hitting the favorite at about -176 and starting to build a position from there across the markets.

In fact, for just one example, as it has fallen at Pinny, there have been some hits on the way down, including -172.

They are smart, they are buying into the pressure instead of gobbling all at once, jacking the price, and filling the limit.

I expect that they will hit again from one of their accounts at -171, let's see if the book raises back up a bit.

In my opinion, the sharp money is playing it sharp here, and being careful with taking their positions. They know the public is taking MacG and will continue to take it over time.

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

There is really no reason to take Mcgregor in this fight. Besides the obvious reasoning of Khabib's wrestling and Conor's weakness against takedowns, Conor hasn't fought in ages. Ring rust is a huge deal in MMA, more so than any other contact sport. Conor will likely gas out if it goes past three and his TD defense plus ground defense will be worse than ever because of inactivity.

Anything under -200 for Khabib is a gift IMO.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Fight starts round 3 is a near LOCK at -116.

Conor's power at 155 is drastically overrated. It took a ton of excellent placed shots to dispatch the old and chinny Alvarez. Khabib is NOT going to be flattened by any 1 or 2 punches that Conor throws. On the other hand, unless Conor is stunned while being taken down, he'll be able to defend himself on the ground enough to stay alive as Khabib doesn't look for subs unless its wide open. I think McGregor by decision isn't a bad value play at +1300 as well.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    There is really no reason to take Mcgregor in this fight. Besides the obvious reasoning of Khabib's wrestling and Conor's weakness against takedowns, Conor hasn't fought in ages. Ring rust is a huge deal in MMA, more so than any other contact sport. Conor will likely gas out if it goes past three and his TD defense plus ground defense will be worse than ever because of inactivity.

Anything under -200 for Khabib is a gift IMO.
    I have seen one person take conor down. The same guy who can takedown anyone in mma.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Fight starts round 3 is a near LOCK at -116.

Conor's power at 155 is drastically overrated. It took a ton of excellent placed shots to dispatch the old and chinny Alvarez. Khabib is NOT going to be flattened by any 1 or 2 punches that Conor throws. On the other hand, unless Conor is stunned while being taken down, he'll be able to defend himself on the ground enough to stay alive as Khabib doesn't look for subs unless its wide open. I think McGregor by decision isn't a bad value play at +1300 as well.
    i haven’t saw anyone knockout Alvarez with one shot but maybe a guy in eddies bodog fighting days

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

How much KYC does it take to turn pro?

Is a picture ID enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Lol ill be pro one day. Heard it takes forever though.
    takes 5mins and $100 donation to charity.....like you two broke dikks never knew that. Pathetic

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    takes 5mins and $100 donation to charity.....like you two broke dikks never knew that. Pathetic
    Not everyone is dedicated enough to have 14,000 posts on an internet forum.

And to care enough to figure these details out.

Congrats.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Khabib's signature punch.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

How good is Conor McGregor?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Fighters predict

Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I have seen one person take conor down. The same guy who can takedown anyone in mma.
    Incorrect on both points. Conor has been taken down most times his opponent even tried a TD, including in his first professional loss. Secondly, Chad Mendes' wrestling is not anywhere near as good as you are trying to make it seem. Chad has stuggled to take down many guys - Khabib's wrestling is much better and he's also a lot bigger as well. To think McGregor can stop Khabib from taking him down is asinine. Regardless of who you think will win or lose, if Khabib shoots, Conor is going to be taken down. Period. The question will be whether Conor can land a KO strike at any time when he has a standing opportunity.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave robbypark 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    Incorrect on both points. Conor has been taken down most times his opponent even tried a TD, including in his first professional loss. Secondly, Chad Mendes' wrestling is not anywhere near as good as you are trying to make it seem. Chad has stuggled to take down many guys - Khabib's wrestling is much better and he's also a lot bigger as well. To think McGregor can stop Khabib from taking him down is asinine. Regardless of who you think will win or lose, if Khabib shoots, Conor is going to be taken down. Period. The question will be whether Conor can land a KO strike at any time when he has a standing opportunity.
    Chad wrestling is very good because of his boxing and he takes down anyone he wants but Aldo who nobody takes down for long unless he is gassed. Chad just loves to stand and box. Khabib boxing sucks and he will get smashed if he uses that bull rushing style against a guy who knows how to stick and move. I conceded that Chads top game isnt as good as Khabib’s. To me Chad was a tougher fight for Conor if Chad was in shape. I really don’t wanna hear about someone who took down Conor 15 years ago. You need boxing to beat Conor and Khabib ain’t got it. Khabib better get him down or it is lights out.

Thor4140

I’m not impressed with Khabibs hit list since he has been in the UFC but i sure as hell am impressed with the hit list of Conors.

Sanity Check

I’m not impressed with Khabibs hit list
    Good breakdown.

Khabib is like MVP in bellator. People criticize him for not having the best opponents. What goes unsaid is people ducking him and looking for easier fights due to the tough stylistic matchup.

Thor4140

Good breakdown.

Khabib is like MVP in bellator. People criticize him for not having the best opponents. What goes unsaid is people ducking him and looking for easier fights due to the tough stylistic matchup.
    Lee never ducked him, Tony never ducked him, Conor never ducked him, Dos Anjos never ducked him. Do you have a source for all this ducking? these are top five guys

Sanity Check

Lee never ducked him, Tony never ducked him, Conor never ducked him, Dos Anjos never ducked him. Do you have a source for all this ducking? these are top five guys
    After Tony Ferguson was injured leading up to UFC 223 they couldn't find anyone to fight Khabib other than Max Holloway and Al Iaquinta.

Nobody @ 155 wanted to fight Khabib(for the belt).

The UFC had to go down to the 145 lb division to find someone willing to fight Khabib. Only Max Holloway stepped up.

Max Holloway was quoted as saying: "This guy's one of the most feared guys, I don't know why".

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/4/2/17...b-nurmagomedov

Thor4140

After Tony Ferguson was injured leading up to UFC 223 they couldn't find anyone to fight Khabib other than Max Holloway and Al Iaquinta.

The UFC had to go down to the 145 lb division to find someone willing to fight Khabib. Only Max Holloway stepped up.

Max Holloway was quoted as saying: "This guy's one of the most feared guys, I don't know why".

Pettit said he would fight him for a million. That is good business and not duking. Please tell us who else ducked him? Somebody who weighed 180 and never could make weight? Pettis had the bargaining power and Dana and the boys don’t wanna pay shit. Pettis was right to tell them to fuk off. who else ducked him?
    Points Awarded:

Wohlford gave Thor4140 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

Pettit said he would fight him for a million. That is good business and not duking. Please tell us who else ducked him? Somebody who weighed 180 and never could make weight? Pettis had the bargaining power and Dana and the boys don’t wanna pay shit. Pettis was right to tell them to fuk off. who else ducked him?
    i found him
    Felipe Silva

he is the guy Sanity was mentioning that ducked Khabib. He is 80th ranked Again no top guys were ducking Khabib. Tony Ferguson was licking his chops to get in there with him. Conor said give me the pen. Lee would be right now if he didn't have a set back. Pettis said anti up but Dana refused. You think Dustin P would refuse this fight? Dos Anjos, Barbosa fought him.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Probably had something to do with the fact that it was less than one week's notice and a lot of the top 55ers cut a lot of weight (and therefore wouldn't have been able to make weight in time). In fact let's run through the top contenders:

Conor (UFC isn't going to have him on short notice, for obvious reasons)
    Alvarez (had just came off a war with Gaethje)
    Poirier (booked for the following weekend's main event)
    Lee (cuts a ton of weight, wouldn't have been able to cut in time)
    Barboza (already fought Khabib)
    Gaethje (booked against Poirier)

The only realistic options were maaaaybe Eddie Alvarez (though still doubtful) and I guess Nate Diaz (though he is similar to Conor, also would not have been able to make the cut in time).
    Last edited by WolfTicketDealer; 08-23-18 at 04:04 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Wohlford gave WolfTicketDealer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Probably had something to do with the fact that it was less than one week's notice and a lot of the top 55ers cut a lot of weight (and therefore wouldn't have been able to make weight in time).
    Read this.

#1 Ferguson was expected to face Khabib Nurmagomedov on December 11, 2015, at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale.[29] However, Nurmagomedov pulled out of the fight in late October, citing injury, and was replaced by Edson Barboza.

#2 The bout with Nurmagomedov was rescheduled and expected take place on April 16, 2016, at UFC on Fox 19.[34] On April 5, Ferguson pulled out of the bout due to a lung issue.[35]

#3 The pairing with Nurmagomedov was scheduled for a third time at UFC 209, this time for the interim UFC Lightweight Championship.[45] However, prior to the weigh-ins for the event, Nurmagomedov was hospitalized due to the ill-effects of his weight cut, and the bout was cancelled yet again.[46]

#4 A bout with Nurmagomedov had been scheduled for the fourth time on April 7, 2018, at UFC 223.[49] However, on April 1, 2018, it was reported that Ferguson tore his fibular collateral ligament and was forced to withdraw from the event.[50]

That's 4 times Khabib and Ferguson were supposed to fight where the fight didn't happen.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (?) to realize the fight between Nurmagomedov and Ferguson failed to materialize 3 times leading up to UFC 223 and there would be a good opportunity to fight for the belt if one of them didn't show up.

Al Iaquinta almost made championship weight at 155.2 pounds. Few more days notice he would have made weight.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Read this.

#1 Ferguson was expected to face Khabib Nurmagomedov on December 11, 2015, at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale.[29] However, Nurmagomedov pulled out of the fight in late October, citing injury, and was replaced by Edson Barboza.

#2 The bout with Nurmagomedov was rescheduled and expected take place on April 16, 2016, at UFC on Fox 19.[34] On April 5, Ferguson pulled out of the bout due to a lung issue.[35]

#3 The pairing with Nurmagomedov was scheduled for a third time at UFC 209, this time for the interim UFC Lightweight Championship.[45] However, prior to the weigh-ins for the event, Nurmagomedov was hospitalized due to the ill-effects of his weight cut, and the bout was cancelled yet again.[46]

#4 A bout with Nurmagomedov had been scheduled for the fourth time on April 7, 2018, at UFC 223.[49] However, on April 1, 2018, it was reported that Ferguson tore his fibular collateral ligament and was forced to withdraw from the event.[50]

That's 4 times Khabib and Ferguson were supposed to fight where the fight didn't happen.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (?) to realize the fight between Nurmagomedov and Ferguson failed to materialize 3 times leading up to UFC 223 and there would be a good opportunity to fight for the belt if one of them didn't show up.

Al Iaquinta almost made championship weight at 155.2 pounds. Few more days notice he would have made weight.
    Then blame the UFC for not having another high level lightweight fight on the card/contingency plan in place.

It's straight up dumb to say guys ducked Khabib at UFC 223 when there weren't really any realistic options on short notice at 155. Also Iaquinta weighed in wearing his short/boxers and probably would have made weight if he knew he would be fighting for the title (he needed to make 156 for his fight against Felder). This doesn't include the fact that Paul Felder was denied by the NYSAC because he wasn't ranked. We know Pettis wanted a ton of $$$, and Chiesa suffered facial cuts from the McGregor incident.

Given the circumstances, the best (and really only) options were either Holloway or Ortega (outside of the above guys already on the card). Had the fight been cancelled 3 or 4 weeks in advance, there would have been far more options available.

Thor4140

Read this.

When it is for the belt nobody was ducking him. You made it sound like the only people they could get was 145ers. Again nobody worth a dik would duk him for a shot at the belt.

Thor4140

Then blame the UFC for not having another high level lightweight fight on the card/contingency plan in place.

It's straight up dumb to say guys ducked Khabib at UFC 223 when there weren't really any realistic options on short notice at 155. Also Iaquinta weighed in wearing his short/boxers and probably would have made weight if he knew he would be fighting for the title (he needed to make 156 for his fight against Felder). This doesn't include the fact that Paul Felder was denied by the NYSAC because he wasn't ranked. We know Pettis wanted a ton of $$$, and Chiesa suffered facial cuts from the McGregor incident.

Given the circumstances, the best (and really only) options were either Holloway or Ortega (outside of the above guys already on the card). Had the fight been cancelled 3 or 4 weeks in advance, there would have been far more options available.
    Exactly

Sanity Check

When it is for the belt nobody was ducking him. You made it sound like the only people they could get was 145ers. Again nobody worth a dik would duk him for a shot at the belt.

Thor4140

Why not just say fake news like the jackass in office has brain washed guys like you to say. It seems to work better with gullible people.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

McGregor study

Last edited by Thrilla; 08-28-18 at 10:44 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Funny Khabib story @ the beginning.

First 123456 ... Last