Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Football starts Sept 1

I will not even watch a snap of fake football
    I agree

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Already picked up three Contrarian Totals this morning and paid about -113 for each...

ATL/NYM OVER 7

COL/MIL UNDER 9

BAL//TEX UNDER 11.5

Good Luck everyone!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

skipping this card....

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    skipping this card....
    nevermind... taking the rangers.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Forget MLB today

Montreal Alouettes ML +226

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Forget MLB today

Montreal Alouettes ML +226

Hamilton looking to lose 4 in a row here.

Good Luck dlow, I'll pop into the CFL thread with this game in a bit.

As for this thread, just wait until I pop a bunch of contrarian moneylines in here, disaster awaits...lol

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Is it really that bad/all that much different from other nights? Serious question, I havnt had time to sit down and look as of yet.

I have feared for awhile now that August/September were gonna be awful with so many teams not even trying and how big of lines we have seen earlier than normal this season..

As much as I talk up bases for being my best most consistent sport that I typically end the season with profit, unfortunately that only applies for the 1st half of the season. Once we get to this point there simply are not nearly as many opportunities to get down on dogs that have a much higher chance of winning than odds suggest imo. To complicate things even further rosters will soon expand and make it a total guessing game who the Fukk some these dudes playing even are!! Lol.

For myself this typically the time of year I make very few bets and start doing prep work for nfl fantasy leagues and the start of college foots that takes a lot of time/research to be ready out the gates!!

Moral of the story, if you gonna continue playing just scale back your unit size and amount of volume ya playing on a given night.. gl everyone and be careful, it a minefield out there!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1476

I actually really like this card. Here are some plays that stuck out to me and some reasons behind each pick.

Cubs-1.5..Padres lost seven of their last eight games; they’re 11-22 vs lefty starters. I'll take my chances on the cubbies at home vs a dog crap team.

Phillies Under 9....
    Richards is 1-0, 0.48 in his last three starts. Velasquez is 1-0, 1.35 in his last four starts; his last five stayed under. last five Philly games stayed under the total.

Red Sox Over 9...
    Severino is 0-2, 10.67 in his last three starts; his last five went over. Porcello is 4-1, 5.74 in his last five starts; over is 6-2 in his last eight. Boston is mashing at home and the yanks are going to get theirs. Smells like another slug fest. Lean Sox ml

Nats Over 9.5.......
    DeSclafani is 0-2, 8.76 in his last three starts (over 8-1-1). Gonzalez is 0-2, 4.08 in his last five starts. Over is 10-1 in Reds last 11 road games. Washington won seven of last nine home games; over is 7-2 in Nationals’ last eight home games. Nats are hitting the ball very well right now at home. Riding the train.

Texas over 11.5.....
    Hess is 0-4, 6.98 in his last six starts; over is 3-1 in his last four. Jurado is 1-1, 4.22 in his two starts (over 1-1). Orioles won five of their last eight games (over 6-1-1). Texas won five of its last six games; over is 7-1 in their last eight home games. Texas has been mashing the ball. They could cover this number themselves. Lean Rangers-1.5 also.

Mariners ml.....
    Borucki is 0-2, 4.11 in six starts.Gonzales is 5-0, 1.57 in his last five starts; under is 4-2 in his last six. Team in his starts: 15-6, 8-2 home. Toronto lost seven of its last ten games; they’re 12-26 vs lefty starters. Mariners get back on track tonight.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    ...Texas over 11.5.....Hess is 0-4, 6.98 in his last six starts; over is 3-1 in his last four. Jurado is 1-1, 4.22 in his two starts (over 1-1). Orioles won five of their last eight games (over 6-1-1). Texas won five of its last six games; over is 7-1 in their last eight home games. Texas has been mashing the ball. They could cover this number themselves. Lean Rangers-1.5 also...
    Good Overall Post Mets!

The Contrarian Fund picked up the Under 11.5 in this game earlier today but it's not for conventional reasons.

The tickets and money, according to my sources are actually on the Under here but that bigger money should have shown in the market. The books are holding here.

It's a bit of a line freeze and I'm anticipating a market move late, if at all. Instead, I hope to see the market attract Over bets but using plus, or favorable, odds.

The trigger has been pulled already, so we will see what happens.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    I actually really like this card. Here are some plays that stuck out to me and some reasons behind each pick.

Cubs-1.5..Padres lost seven of their last eight games; they’re 11-22 vs lefty starters. I'll take my chances on the cubbies at home vs a dog crap team.

Phillies Under 9....
    Richards is 1-0, 0.48 in his last three starts. Velasquez is 1-0, 1.35 in his last four starts; his last five stayed under. last five Philly games stayed under the total.

Red Sox Over 9...
    Severino is 0-2, 10.67 in his last three starts; his last five went over. Porcello is 4-1, 5.74 in his last five starts; over is 6-2 in his last eight. Boston is mashing at home and the yanks are going to get theirs. Smells like another slug fest. Lean Sox ml

Nats Over 9.5.......
    DeSclafani is 0-2, 8.76 in his last three starts (over 8-1-1). Gonzalez is 0-2, 4.08 in his last five starts. Over is 10-1 in Reds last 11 road games. Washington won seven of last nine home games; over is 7-2 in Nationals’ last eight home games. Nats are hitting the ball very well right now at home. Riding the train.

Texas over 11.5.....
    Hess is 0-4, 6.98 in his last six starts; over is 3-1 in his last four. Jurado is 1-1, 4.22 in his two starts (over 1-1). Orioles won five of their last eight games (over 6-1-1). Texas won five of its last six games; over is 7-1 in their last eight home games. Texas has been mashing the ball. They could cover this number themselves. Lean Rangers-1.5 also.

Mariners ml.....
    Borucki is 0-2, 4.11 in six starts.Gonzales is 5-0, 1.57 in his last five starts; under is 4-2 in his last six. Team in his starts: 15-6, 8-2 home. Toronto lost seven of its last ten games; they’re 12-26 vs lefty starters. Mariners get back on track tonight.
    Whether I agree or not (homestly don’t know yet, lol), it is nice to see someone make a post of value that entices some thought!!

Where is the pads/philly game being played? Off top of my head (which saying not 100% on the numbers) I wanna say Richard typically much better in the spacious confines of petco park and his numbers tend to balloon away from home.

Not sure how it has went this year but typically Sox/yanks give us quite a few slugfest in a given season. Porcello always been a guy I like to fade or play overs against (not that I always do, just that majority of times I play his games that the way I go)..

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

maybe so but last night was awesome.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Sox/Yanks lit it up yesterday, the Over was one of my wins in a 2-4 day.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    maybe so but last night was awesome.

Snowy, is that you smoking a bowl at the game?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Snowy, is that you smoking a bowl at the game?
    applying the theory of all possible realities in an infinite universe, yes.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Snowball 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

walk the card

no reason to bet everyday because that is what compulsive gamblers do

2daBank

walk the card

Are we suggesting there anything other than compulsive gamblers on this site??

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

walk the card

Says the guy that has a spreadsheet with 5 plays a day for the last 10 years

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

The MLB Contrarian Fund doesn't keep track of days or have compulsive tendencies.

It moves in rotation order, blurring the days.

If a play is triggered, it is bought. These are not to be passed.

If the Fund take days off, it could be in win streak and not know it.

We are grinding, we are winning (well, not that last couple of days, lol), but we are grinding...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Boom.

Don’t forget the guy that screams only bet 1-2% of bank but then post random play for 5-10k!!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

lol Banker maybe Gold has a huge bankroll.

Looking closer at Toronto here. I have a price target on this and expect it to drop from upper 150s or 160 to much closer to 150, we could see RLM here.

This could trigger a buy in the MLB Contrarian Fund.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    lol Banker maybe Gold has a huge bankroll.

Looking closer at Toronto here. I have a price target on this and expect it to drop from upper 150s or 160 to much closer to 150, we could see RLM here.

This could trigger a buy in the MLB Contrarian Fund.

Yea I’m sure he has huge bank, prob bigger than than tiny rooster anyways.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Added another Total in with the UNDER 9 in NYY/BOS, expected market movement occurred.

Oh boy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

KVB your first away

Go on the dateline tonight and try to get laid

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes Gold, will do.

But bringing market info and phone with me, money never sleeps and this is heading into one of the busiest parts of the MLB trading day.

We are grinding.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Houston/LAD

UNDAH 7.5

2daBank

I’m on the over in milw. After watching rox pen here in stl I have no doubts Brewers retooled lineup can knock that pen around. Rox offense should enjoy milw starters after seeing much higher quality for last few days here in stl.

I’ll take dodgers tonight and chase if the lose, just seems like a prime spot for a WS revenge ass kicking weekend w dodgers starting to click and stros being short handed.

Another over in Washington, reds can hit gio and bats bats coming to life, they will tee off on reds pen this series.

I think at +140 or more the price right to back cards. Archer not most efficient guy on his best days and would think he even more amped up tonight, if cards can get him out of there before the 6th I love their chances in a pen battle. In other words if this game close when archer leads tons of value on cards who have taken b2v series vs good teams. Another thing is cards new manager has them being Uber aggressive and that pressure should serve them well vs archer making his debut for new club imo.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Houston/LAD

UNDAH 7.5
    I just picked up this Under 7.5 in HOU/LAD for a contrarian play.

Are mushed?

Let's Cash this Fukker BigDay!!!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

KVB your first away

Go on the dateline tonight and try to get laid
    Doesn’t dateline do those Under cover stings to arrest chicken hawks?

12 Last