ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Tiger woods the most important player In his sport?

Twitter went nuts when he took the lead for a second - I never watch golf but when tiger is relevant I’m watching - No other player in any sports can lift the game like tiger !!!

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Tiger is the reason I started golfing. Never watched it before him and once he burst onto the scene, I was hooked like a fiend looking for his fix. The dude is the quintessential underdog story. Golf has always been dominated by caucasians. Half African-American/Asian prodigy shook up the golfing scene like no other. Literally a golfing God, first billionaire athlete. Yeah, the most iconic golfer ever. Nobody cares about Palmer, Norman, Nicklaus, Hogan, Faldo, Els, Couples.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

By far

Game dead without him

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Most popular, but that is all.
    PGA players want him out, he is not liked.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Most popular, but that is all.
    PGA players want him out, he is not liked.
    Tiger is the reason those idiots is getting millions in tournaments now

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It's crazy anymore.

Woods grabbing part of the lead, even briefly, was big news.

Both CNBC Asia and CNBC Europe last night congratulated Molinari on the win, but not without mentioning Tiger Woods and how Molinari had to fend off Woods' charge.

No mention of other golfers that were on the leaderboard.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Tiger is the reason those idiots is getting millions in tournaments now
    The Tiger bump on golf ended a decade ago.
    It actually caused more harm than good because too many golf courses
    were built. The hangover of it ending caused many losses and bankruptcies
    across the industry. I remember it all and used to watch those stocks.
    Tell you a story about Tiger around the turn of the milennium
    he played at the CVS Charity Classic. Tiger refused to sign any autographs
    on balls or anything else.. he walked right past the children begging to say hi
    and have him sign a ball. Did not even look at them. Feet away.
    I heard this from a friend who was right there when it happened.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

No , Woods is up there but I couldn't imagine the NBA being without LeBron as this moment .
    The NBA is much more relevant than golf . Who would watch knowing the outcome of the Warriors keeping the title ?
    If not for LeBron with the Warriors stronghold , the ratings would be absolute garbage at best .
    Nobody would watch pathetic excuse of a product if he wasn't involved , closest thing to knowing the outcome as you can get with the Warriors having a Fukkin entire team of All Stars .

Ask yourself would you have watched if Warriors was playing anyone outside a team with LeBron ? I damn sure wouldn't because he's that good and means that much to the NBA .

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    No , Woods is up there but I couldn't imagine the NBA being without LeBron as this moment .
    The NBA is much more relevant than golf . Who would watch knowing the outcome of the Warriors keeping the title ?
    If not for LeBron with the Warriors stronghold , the ratings would be absolute garbage at best .
    Nobody would watch pathetic excuse of a product if he wasn't involved , closest thing to knowing the outcome as you can get with the Warriors having a Fukkin entire team of All Stars .

Ask yourself would you have watched if Warriors was playing anyone outside a team with LeBron ? I damn sure wouldn't because he's that good and means that much to the NBA .
    NBA was big before Lebron - Golf wasn’t big before tiger- case closed !!!!

ikid2groove415

Most likely there will be another NBA superstar to carry the Torch once Lebron is done - We Probly won’t see another golfer like tiger in our lifetime

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Absolutely. When I'm at the barbershop getting a cut and the brothers are flipping through the channels and just happen to pass by a golf tournament, they'll look to see if Tiger is in the hunt. If he's not, that channel quicks gets turned because no black people want to see that shyt if hes not in contention.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

He is by far the most influential player today as he was 15 years ago. For anyone still pretending he isn't just take a look at how many thousands of fans are watching him when he is in 40th place on a Sunday. The guy has triple the crowd following him even if everyone knows he can't win and that is no matter who is leading or playing in the tournament. He dwarfs any other player and it isn't even close. Anyone arguing this is just a hater plain and simple.
    Points Awarded:

ikid2groove415 gave unde0087 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

There's so many great golfers that he should not matter.

But he does.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Most likely there will be another NBA superstar to carry the Torch once Lebron is done - We Probly won’t see another golfer like tiger in our lifetime
    There already is....... We just gonna ignore KD?

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

I thought we were talking right now not a decade or two ago

Nicholas , Palmer pretty sure made golf mainstream well before Tiger was even born , could be wrong though .

Speith , Koepka , Fowler , there's plenty of players capable of hitting a run that would keep golf in the main stream . Hell I have never watched a tourney to see Woods and that's it , that's the media because they push what they believe their viewers want .
    I have however watched the NBA simply because of LeBron , these past couple of years finals .
    The Warriors are a team of All Stars , starters at least , anyone other than a team without LeBron , most probably dont watch . He's the only reason I've watched any NBA the past 4-5 years .
    You do understand it's opinions which started the thread ? There's no right or wrong regardless if you agree or disagree with it . That's why it's called an "opinion" to start with .

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    There already is....... We just gonna ignore KD?
    He’s not better then Lebron - Nobody in the nba have ever impact teams like Lebron - Cavs won’t win 25 Games this year and Lakers will win over 50 plus games

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Definitely, and he'll never win another tourney!!

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Nobody cares about Palmer, Norman, Nicklaus, Hogan, Faldo, Els, Couples.
    I LOL’d

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Woods isn't the most important player in his sport because golf isn't a sport.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    He is by far the most influential player today as he was 15 years ago. For anyone still pretending he isn't just take a look at how many thousands of fans are watching him when he is in 40th place on a Sunday. The guy has triple the crowd following him even if everyone knows he can't win and that is no matter who is leading or playing in the tournament. He dwarfs any other player and it isn't even close. Anyone arguing this is just a hater plain and simple.
    100000000000000%

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know if he'll never win another tourney, I think he's mounting quite the comeback and even a non-major tourney win will be huge.

He might even get another major at one point.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

A half black/half asian golfer that completely dominated a predominantly white sport played by rich people for an entire decade, fkked the highest quality white women, hit rock bottom, found passed out in his car, major back surgeries and to STILL be giving these young guns a run for their money in his 40s and will only get better as he gets his groove back. What a fukkin story!

That man was born to play golf

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

ikid2groove415

Local radio said Eldrick is the favorite to win The PGA CHAMPIONSHIP? I know nothing about golf - Books taking notes tho