lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Why is it okay for NBA players to say they won't play

For a team they under a contract for? If NBA teams said they won't pay for a player that is under contract would that be okay?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Everyone is a victim, pal.

Welcome to America.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Everyone is a victim, pal.

Welcome to America.
    True... Sad state we are in.. It's always someone else's fault but your own these days.. People got soft, don't experience hard times anymore... Entitlement issues...

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

NBA players Union is strong - When a player is saying he’s hurt - there’s really nothing a TEAM can do - contracts are fully GURANTEE in NBA- Only a few things can violate the contract - 1.Drugs 2.Motercycle accident - I’m sure there’s a few more ... - when a guy demands a trade ? It’s a toxic situation - either trade him? Or get nothing -

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    NBA players Union is strong - When a player is saying he’s hurt - there’s really nothing a TEAM can do - contracts are fully GURANTEE in NBA- Only a few things can violate the contract - 1.Drugs 2.Motercycle accident - I’m sure there’s a few more ... - when a guy demands a trade ? It’s a toxic situation - either trade him? Or get nothing -
    See you accept the problem. I don't

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    For a team they under a contract for? If NBA teams said they won't pay for a player that is under contract would that be okay?
    because that is how the nba negotiated the contract. nfl teams can decide to not pay players under contract.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    because that is how the nba negotiated the contract. nfl teams can decide to not pay players under contract.
    So NBA owners said to players you don't have to play if you had a deal?

ikid2groove415

The CBA contract won’t expire until 2022-2023 season - if the owners wanna play hard ball ? Then that’s the time - a strike can happen - everything Leonard did is legal - even faking a injury

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

y is it ok to trade a player under contract

ikid2groove415

Everything the players do? They know it’s legal and back up by the NBPA - it’s all in the CBA and agree upon by the owners - Players aren’t just doing dumb random stuff fella

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    y is it ok to trade a player under contract
    Why aren't you answering my question?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Why aren't you answering my question?
    not sure I understand the question, Im not agreeing with any side here as I dont know the specifics but seems to be a lot of things I dont like. like in nfl cant they just cut or waive a guy under contract, thats bs to me. not sure if ur referring to Butler but if he or a player said they arnt gonna play for a team under contract then I dont think he should be getting compensated unless he suits up and is on the floor

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

So NBA owners said to players you don't have to play if you had a deal?
    yes but they also said if you choose not to play you cant play for anyone else either. i cant think of anything besides the military where you arent allowed to retire. maybe gangs heh.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Just make the contracts non guaranteed. You watch those fuckers play every game knowing their paycheck which supports 50 of their closest friends is only coming if they play

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Fuk you pal
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Come at me bro, what the fuk are you doing these days? I am trying to figure it out.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy gave unde0087 148 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    not sure I understand the question, Im not agreeing with any side here as I dont know the specifics but seems to be a lot of things I dont like. like in nfl cant they just cut or waive a guy under contract, thats bs to me. not sure if ur referring to Butler but if he or a player said they arnt gonna play for a team under contract then I dont think he should be getting compensated unless he suits up and is on the floor
    Players will
    Never say they won’t play for there teams when under contract!!! NBPA will just tell them to fake a injury like Leonard and there’s absolutely nothing a team can do ? The last straw in this Leonard story was when POP ask Parker to talk 2 Leonard? Parker said his injuries was 1000x worst - that’s a no no - never question how badly your teammate is hurt - and there’s no coming back after that with Leonard and the spurs

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Come at me bro, what the fuk are you doing these days? I am trying to figure it out.
    Listen man

unde0087
    Did we win?

I know you are Canadian, but why are you such a fukin pussy these days? I always have your back. Now you look like a clown. WTF

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Just make the contracts non guaranteed. You watch those fuckers play every game knowing their paycheck which supports 50 of their closest friends is only coming if they play
    Then you get a strike? Lockout

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I know you are Canadian, but why are you such a fukin pussy these days? I always have your back. Now you look like a clown. WTF
    You want me to defend the NBA players?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Teams could suspend them without pay and see where the legal process takes them.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Teams could suspend them without pay and see where the legal process takes them.
    Not if there injured- what can a team do if someone is telling them there not feeling well?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Laker, I am hammered at this very moment. I have always had your back. Still do no matter what motherfuker. These clown ass bitches I will take care of. But you, wake up pal. You need to check your fukin self. Enough of this gay shit bro.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Sad state of affairs at the moment, league needs to step in before this gets out of control or we'll end up with the same few teams contending every year.

You see it in soccer a bit where guys force their teams management to offload them for unders but the talent pool of elite guys is huge compared to the NBA. If an NBA star forces the teams hand what are they going to get in return? Maybe some 18th round pick of the draft three season ago and they're buried for the next five years till the next star they pick up does the same.

There's no more than 50 guys that are elite team changing level and I think I'm wildly exaggerating that number. Can't have them pick and choose who they play for outside of free agency or the NBA is done.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Then you get a strike? Lockout
    I’ll take it if it changes the game and makes it better

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I’ll take it if it changes the game and makes it better
    Did people whine when MJ and the bulls toy with the nba ? 6 championship out of 8 years? Kobe/Shaq 3 peat? Old days Boston winning 8 straight ?

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Sad state of affairs at the moment, league needs to step in before this gets out of control or we'll end up with the same few teams contending every year.

You see it in soccer a bit where guys force their teams management to offload them for unders but the talent pool of elite guys is huge compared to the NBA. If an NBA star forces the teams hand what are they going to get in return? Maybe some 18th round pick of the draft three season ago and they're buried for the next five years till the next star they pick up does the same.

There's no more than 50 guys that are elite team changing level and I think I'm wildly exaggerating that number. Can't have them pick and choose who they play for outside of free agency or the NBA is done.
    NBA is not close to done !! They will pass up the NFL in 5 years including Global- people love it in China

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Not if there injured- what can a team do if someone is telling them there not feeling well?

It really could be like any other job, if your out too long they will require proof your sick/hurt.

You can bet your ass if kawhi tried to sit out another year claiming injury they would suspend him and we would have one hell of a legal battle.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Did people whine when MJ and the bulls toy with the nba ? 6 championship out of 8 years? Kobe/Shaq 3 peat? Old days Boston winning 8 straight ?
    Just look at the ratings. People whine but still watch.

You know when nobody watches...when the spurs and pistons are in the finals.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    It really could be like any other job, if your out too long they will require proof your sick/hurt.

You can bet your ass if kawhi tried to sit out another year claiming injury they would suspend him and we would have one hell of a legal battle.
    Teams not going make a example out of 1 guy and killed a whole season - move on already - He’s being honest and saying he won’t resign - giving the spurs a chance to get something or nothing

unde0087
    Did we win?

No, i want to talk to you

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

NBA is not close to done !! They will pass up the NFL in 5 years including Global- people love it in China
    Sorry my point is a bit lost in my rant, by done I mean there's the same teams that contend every season everyone else tries to make those teams, done for the fans is what I meant. It's obviously like that in the big soccer leagues but they aren't salary capped or have drafts which is meant to be the point of keeping it somewhat even.

NBA is a money printer the world loves watching it as it's a global game it can't lose unless it beats itself, American Football and ice hockey aren't getting played in a hurry anywhere baseball possibly.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Everyone is outraged at something these days.
    Points Awarded:

Mase of Base gave wikkidinsane 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I said this yesterday, just bench them entire career and swallow the money

It will destroy the player mentally

12 Last