JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Coach Bobby Knight selling off championship rings

http://auction.steinersports.com/

“Sports people are nuts,” Knight said. “Look at how much they would they pay for Babe Ruth's cap or Honus Wagner's card. I guess these are people who want to own things, things that are the results of what someone else did in sports. I was very pleased there was a market for something like this that my grandkids — I have two grandsons — and my wife has a niece and nephew, who would get good use out of this.”

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

sounds like a move from a broke person, could it be true ?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    http://auction.steinersports.com/

“Sports people are nuts,” Knight said. “Look at how much they would they pay for Babe Ruth's cap or Honus Wagner's card. I guess these are people who want to own things, things that are the results of what someone else did in sports. I was very pleased there was a market for something like this that my grandkids — I have two grandsons — and my wife has a niece and nephew, who would get good use out of this.”
    way to criticize the very people you want to sell to, what a dumbass

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Bobby Knight can do whatever he wants,

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

The auction house surely appreciates Mr.Knights comments about sports fans.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

he said it's to pay for the education for the grandkids and the niece and nephew

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Broke Dik

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    he said it's to pay for the education for the grandkids and the niece and nephew
    And if he wasnt a broke fuk he could pay for it without selling his left nut

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

knight has a net worth of $15 million.

must be a penny pinching cheapskate.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Closet gambler?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Gambling destroyed Coach Bobby Knight -- Selling Off Champ Rings & personal items

NEW YORK (AP) -- Hall of Famer Bob Knight is selling his championship basketball rings and Olympic gold medal for what he considers a very good reason: the education of his grandchildren.

Yeah right... Grand kids

Sam Odom

jjgold , check into this

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Re-post.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Always see Coach Knight in Vegas during hoops season

Guy always looks mad as fukk

Sam Odom

For a man like Bob selling his Rings is fuked-up - Something is wrong

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Indiana is shit to him now, has been for a long time. He is not holding onto the past

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

wtf is he gonna do with his rings? you can't take it with you pal.

hookers and blow!!! now that is something you can enjoy while you are still alive...

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

not sure he has ever had a winning weekend..

Brock Landers

So, why is Bob Knight selling his personal memorabilia

By JIM LITKE AP Sports Columnist October 16, 2012 12:02PM

FILE - In this Dec. 17, 2009, file photo, former basketball coach Bob Knight speaks at a fundraising dinner for the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame in Indianapolis. After finding out how much those souvenirs cluttering the drawers around his house were worth, Bob Knight decided to auction most of them off. Included are his three NCAA championship rings, an Olympic gold medal and even one of his sport coats.(AP Photo/Tom Strickland, File)

Here are a few things you won’t find among the many items Bob Knight is putting on the auction block over the next two months in New York:
    The tampon he left in one of his players lockers as a motivational message. The megaphone he kicked before chewing out Indiana’s cheerleaders for disrupting a free-throw attempt by another of his players. The vase he allegedly hurled uncomfortably close to a secretary. The garbage can into which he deposited a drunken LSU fan. The folding chair he launched across the Assembly Hall court five minutes into a game to clear up any confusion over what he thought of the officiating.

Just about everything else Knight amassed over more than four decades in the coaching business — save for some things close pal and late baseball Hall of Famer Ted Williams gave him — will be offered for sale between now and Dec. 5. For those who can’t wait, or don’t want to pay premium auction-house prices, there’s always eBay, where a quick search for “Bob Knight” turned up 616 items Monday night. The opening bids ranged from a high of $1,500 (or best offer) for a basketball autographed by Knight and his former pupil, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, down to 88 cents for a trading card (or 99 cents for the “Buy-it-Now” option).
    Speaking over the phone during a layover at the Denver airport earlier Monday, Knight told The Associated Press that he and John Havlicek, the Boston Celtics great who was Knight’s teammate at Ohio State, hatched the idea of funding their grandchildren’s educations by cleaning out the closets and drawers in their homes. For Knight that included, among other things, his three NCAA championship rings, an Olympic gold medal and even one of his sport coats.
    “Everybody lives in the past,” Knight said. “Not me. ... I’ve got stuff I didn’t even know I had. I don’t put anything up in the house. If you came into the house you would think I was a mailman. And I don’t even wear rings.”
    It’s hard to imagine Knight needs money, since he segued into lucrative TV work for ESPN as both a studio analyst and color commentator for games shortly after walking away from his last coaching job, at Texas Tech, in the middle of the 2008 season. But we’ll know for certain, and soon, whether he’s done living in the past. In what appears to be a provocative move, the network has apparently juggled its college basketball lineup for the upcoming season so that Knight will call Southeastern Conference games, including Kentucky’s games on the road.

A bit of background is in order. Knight’s distaste for the Wildcats’ program and their oft-criticized coach, John Calipari, is hardly a secret. In addition to roasting Calipari and his one-and-done approach to recruiting in speeches for months, Knight refused to even mention “Kentucky” by name. Though that ended late in March as the Wildcats sliced and diced their way through the NCAA brackets en route to the national championship, it will be interesting to see whether Knight holds a grudge.
    We won’t know whether hard-core Kentucky fans do, since ESPN has decided that Knight won’t work Kentucky games at Rupp Arena. The network apparently doesn’t mind providing some kindling — imagine a postgame meeting between the two, or a production meeting beforehand — but it doesn’t want to risk the bonfire Knight might ignite simply by showing up courtside in Lexington. Exactly why he agreed to the new assignment remains anyone’s guess. The only thing Knight said about the arrangement, according to a statement released by ESPN, is that “I’m looking forward to watching and describing these games.”
    Even though he turns 72 on Oct. 25, Knight has remained almost as grumpy and controversial off the court as he once was on it. Nearly four years ago, after a career’s worth of railing against gambling, he agreed to ride shotgun for announcer Billy Packer on a string of cheesy NCAA tournament specials taped at a sports book on the Las Vegas Strip. Packer explained the choice of locale by explaining at the time, “Bob and I, and a lot of people, want to really experience what this is really like because we do think, next to being center court, this is the place to be.”
    Right. Because nothing says “March Madness” like scantily clad cocktail waitresses, a heaping buffet, a wall of wide-screen TVs and people wandering aimlessly in the background or standing in line at the windows. Never mind that when Knight was coaching at Indiana and always putting the best interests of the game ahead of his own, he complained about betting lines published in the Bloomington paper this way: “Why don’t the newspapers run whores’ phone numbers? Is betting on basketball, football or baseball less illegal than prostitution?”
    Outside of Las Vegas, the answer is still no. But it serves as a reminder that when the price is right, just about anything can be bought.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post

Always see Coach Knight in Vegas during hoops season

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post

not sure he has ever had a winning weekend..

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sam odom View Post
    for a man like bob selling his rings is fuked-up - something is wrong
    this

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

welcome to yesterday.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    welcome to yesterday.

this article was written TODAY guy...and its not the "info" article telling you what he was doing..this one explains why

BRUTUSB33FCAKE
    BRUTUSB33FCAKE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

You wish you had memorabilia to sell you fukkin' mush basterd. You need to pay off your gambling debts and you got nothing to left to pawn. You are practically homeless and on the streets Brockie Boy!!!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Bob knight is selling his shit because you buried him with your rubberbanders

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTUSB33FCAKE View Post
    You wish you had memorabilia to sell you fukkin' mush basterd. You need to pay off your gambling debts and you got nothing to left to pawn. You are practically homeless and on the streets Brockie Boy!!!
    Stay out of this thread....u prickball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Brock, stick with handicapping pal..

SALUD!

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Bob knight is selling his shit because you buried him with your rubberbanders
    STFU Tech 9ine.. Fukking sleazy scumbag dipshit!!

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

He was Landered too.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Never understand this guy or why so many lined up to be verbally abused by him.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

He needs the money to pay for anger management therapy.

wakeforestfan
    wakeforestfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

^^^
    def that , its so funny seeing him on tv sometimes doing analyisis . he sooo belongs on the bench coaching

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    knight has a net worth of $15 million.

must be a penny pinching cheapskate.
    This is definitely more like it. Dude is an old fashioned miser. I know several guys who played for him, he is far from broke, or a man of expensive taste or habits.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Stupid, the Rings will be worth MORE than the education will be...

If I were grandkid I'd take the rings, F the education.

12 Last