SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Saturday Night Play

I hate Write ups!!!

Sometimes I think it jinxes me, but here goes:

Dodgers vs Mets, Kershaw vs DeGrom. WOW

There is only 1 problem I see:

Kershaw - Will be on limited pitches. Does this matter? Yes it does, however 4 things very important!

1). Kershaw CHOOSE to pitch against deGrom. He feels he is ready!
    2). Mets can’t hit! Whoever pitches next should be fine against the weak line up of the Mets with 2 good hitters out.
    3) deGrom won’t pitch for the whole game.
    4) Dodgers can hit better and ANYBODY.

So my play tonight is:

DODGERS
    Last edited by pimike; 06-23-18 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Chose choose lol?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

1-0 dodgers!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    1-0 dodgers!
    Dang it started!!! Lol

Disregard then. I thought it started 8 eastern 5 Pacific.

Sorry boys I guess I did my homework wrong!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Info was right. Sorry I didn’t post earlier.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

U didn’t bet? Mets is dog shit man

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    U didn’t bet? Mets is dog shit man
    I did, I posted late.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Only thing that matters is your win - don’t need any approval from degenerate addicts here

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Another isolated play. I'm usually one to fade elite-caliber pitchers coming off the disabled list, but I laid off because as a Mets fan, I know how abysmal this clueless team is. I miss Terry Collins so much.

Mike, you usually have just one play a day? Bet larger amounts with smaller volume is what I've always tried to do. Just asking because I respect your wagering strategy and I'd like to learn a little bit more if I can. You don't have to give away your secrets or anything, I'd just like a few tips about how you operate.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He rarely loses

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Another isolated play. I'm usually one to fade elite-caliber pitchers coming off the disabled list, but I laid off because as a Mets fan, I know how abysmal this clueless team is. I miss Terry Collins so much.

Mike, you usually have just one play a day? Bet larger amounts with smaller volume is what I've always tried to do. Just asking because I respect your wagering strategy and I'd like to learn a little bit more if I can. You don't have to give away your secrets or anything, I'd just like a few tips about how you operate.
    Yes, quality over quantity is key. I play to get a huge profit. Not for action or just to say I hit 52%. I seriously do this to pay for trips and other things.

One of your first mistakes was you left the game alone based upon a an “elite-caliber” pitcher coming off the disabled list. I can understand the hesitation, however here is where the “Situational” play came in. Kershaw wanted to pitch against DeGrom, he knew he was ready and wanted to show the young pup I’m still better.

2nd mistake is you past on the game being a Mets fan. Being a fan could cause you to piss money away going for or going against, if that comes in play in your decision, rather than the stats, that’s gonna cost you money which it would’ve today because I think you knew Dodgers probably were the better team regardless but you let your love for your team to interfere with making money.

When you review the board try to throw out games look at match ups and put a line in your mind that seems right BEFORE checking actual lines. You have to simply throw out half the board. Once you narrow down possible selections, start LOOKING, yes LOOKING for reasons to throw it out.

Also line ups and history against a certain pitcher is always key.

Anyways there is a few suggestions.
    Last edited by pimike; 06-23-18 at 09:56 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Yes, quality over quantity is key. I play to get a huge profit. Not for action or just to say I hit 52%. I seriously do this to pay for trips and other things.

One of your first mistakes was you left the game alone based upon a an “elite-caliber” pitcher coming off the disabled list. I can understand the hesitation, however here is where the “Situational” play came in. Kershaw wanted to pitch against DeGrom, he knew he was ready and wanted to show the young pup I’m still better.

2nd mistake is you past on the game being a Mets fan. Being a fan could cause you to piss money away going for or going against, if that comes in play in your decision, rather than the stats, that’s gonna cost you money which it would’ve today because I think you knew Dodgers probably were the better team regardless but you let your love for your team to interfere with making money.

When you review the board try to throw out games look at match ups and put a line in your mind that seems right BEFORE checking actual lines. You have to simply throw out half the board. Once you narrow down possible selections, start LOOKING, yes LOOKING for reasons to throw it out.

Also line ups and history against a certain pitcher is always key.

Anyways there is a few suggestions.
    exactly! a real gambler/investor should never be a "fan". I enjoy watching certain teams, but i will bet against them in a minute when money is involved.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Pimiker gets, and Booyer gets that Pimiker gets it.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    exactly! a real gambler/investor should never be a "fan". I enjoy watching certain teams, but i will bet against them in a minute when money is involved.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Pimiker gets, and Booyer gets that Pimiker gets it.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Congrats PIMIKE!!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Congrats PIMIKE!!

TheSchafe

Thanks Mike. Being a Mets fan in this case actually saved me money, because like I said, I'd usually bet against a good pitcher making his first start off a DL stint. But then again, most aren't Kershaw. Mets also have a history of wasting the usual DeGrom gem, either by providing no run support, or if they do, the bullpen blows the game once he exits.

Let me clarify that being a Mets fan had no effect on how I saw this game. That's bush league. What I meant by it is that I follow this team so closely, it's more of an asset than anything else. I'm not sure where you guys got that I'm a Homer who won't bet against his team, because I will, and I have. Many, many times.
    Last edited by TheSchafe; 06-24-18 at 12:30 AM.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

All good!!

It’s about making money.

Bottom line!

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    All good!!

It’s about making money.

Bottom line!

Not mad at all, sir! Just wanted to clear that up. Look forward to the next one