JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Is that happened with alcohol when prohibition ended?
    Not sure, you'll have to google that... Alcohol is not the same as weed when selling legally or illegally also..

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9388

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Not sure, you'll have to google that... Alcohol is not the same as weed when selling legally or illegally also..
    It's not the same product, but the same concept. You typically don't buy alcohol from a guy who brews it in his basement, you get it at the store from large companies.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

It has been proven that marijuana decreases learning ability in children and teenagers. It has not been proven to lower intelligence in adults though.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It's not the same product, but the same concept. You typically don't buy alcohol from a guy who brews it in his basement, you get it at the store from large companies.
    I guess they are the same in that regard but it was at a different time.. Size, production and weight between the 2 are in disproportion.. I need to research that.. I'll get around to it.. Alcohol vs Weed legalization...Bootlegging basically went out of business that's all I know once Alcohol became legal..

Back to WEED -

I know Jamaica the weed capital of the world originally never did legalize weed. Wonder why that happened? I'll tell you why... Leaders didn't want their people to be high all day and get little to nothing done.. Or have it create more crime and harder drug use for the younger population...

Times are changing now even in Jamaica.. It's slowly becoming legal like here in the States.. https://kushtourism.com/jamaica-marijuana-information/

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Only in SBR will you find guys who don't know shit about anything, commenting like they're experts. Frikkin gamblers....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Only in SBR will you find guys who don't know shit about anything, commenting like they're experts. Frikkin gamblers....
    I'm glad you chimed in. You work in a factory

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Laker does not smoke weed

Too educated

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    It has been proven that marijuana decreases learning ability in children and teenagers. It has not been proven to lower intelligence in adults though.
    It doesn't necessarily lower one's learning ability, but rather changes one's brain chemistry and may make it more difficult to learn something depending on the teaching method. I wouldn't recommend anyone to start smoking it until there at least 18 and there brain is more developed.When you inhale marijuana, the THC gets adsorbed into your body and links up with your cannabinoid rececptors which play a huge part in learning. Without those receptors people wouldn't even be able to get high.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's legal in the US too in many places. Colorado has the lowest heroine use in the country.

you sure about that..... Can you cite me something I am not anti pot but I am not sure you have the facts here. The legal Pot in Colorado is so expensive that I dont think Heroin use is that low as it is so cheap in Colorado.. last I heard it was a huge problem in Colorado but maybe i am wrong who knows

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by El Terrible View Post
    Weak trolling....

And the responses are ridiculous- I'm in Colorado, I own (with two of my kids), two pot shops and this conversation sounds like something you'd hear around here in the 90's..

I travel a lot, but I didn't know that parts of the country were so far behind...Are most of you guys in fly over states like Kansa, Wyoming and Iowa???
    You rented out space and started two pot shops.. Got it...

Funny when I had a commercial property vacancy in LA a few years ago, I got really good offers to rent my space out for pot shops.. I had a moral obligation and conscience check and had to turn it down..

I'll admit though I was tempted, but the Federal Government laws did make me nervous as they can seize your land for running a drug operation out of it technically.. That wasn't the deciding factor though in not renting to pot shop owners.. Probably another reason I never bought, started or opened a bar either.. I wanted to for years though back in the day to open a bar...

God check for JIBS.. Can't do it!!!! Won't do it!!!! Can't be responsible or aid in anyway with people's addictions.. Not my gig to do that.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-20-18 at 08:10 PM.

homerbush

This graph shows Colorado 12th. It doesnt really explain which drugs the people are addicted too but I am going to guess that Colorado is not 50th in Heroin use and 12th overall.

homerbush

and i am not saying pot leads to heroin all i am saying is colorado has a heroin problem

jjgold

Guys it’s a gateway drug of course not to every body but there’s always potential and we have to eliminate that

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Need to get rid of cigarettes... Those are cancer sticks.. No health benefits what so ever... Why those are still legal in the States really makes me scratch my head? Second hand smoke even kills...

jjgold

I would think 1 out of every 100 pot smokers goes on to another harder drug

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cigarette smokers the same.. That's a gateway drug probably more then weed. Once you inhale smoke that opens the door to smoke other things....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-20-18 at 09:18 PM.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    I am a pot smoker, and have been for 40+ years. I was a bond trader for 20 years , own 3 properties ( 2 are rentals ), my own business ventures , and have an amazing work ethic that includes maintaining and renovating a 1/2 acre property with Pool etc. Of my kids " the new generation " you spoke of , most smoke cannabis recreationally as well. One daughter who smokes as well , has a major in child psychology , and works 12 hour days with children with mental disabilities. Another daughter is a financial analyst, raising a beautiful daughter with her husband and extremely successful ( they too smoke weed socially ).....

I can go on and on with so many more examples , but i doubt very much that it would matter with you. Youre 10000000000 % fact is all in your imagination, " Due dilligence " JJ. Get on the computer and type in " Medicinal value of Cannabis "..... Read on , educate yourself, and open your eyes to a the facts that thge world is starting to embrace. Pill popping is NOT healthy or beneficial, and carries long term deterioration. Chemo and radiation are not THE SOLUTION to cancer....... Guess what is JJ
    Well I gotta say this is a very good fukkin post.

HurryUpAndDrink

I heard you were talking shit................... careful

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Home of Ted Cruz, legal pot & we don't put kids in cages.

winning

deadphish
    deadphish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25687

As we all know marijuana leads to heroin in many cases they’re going to have major major drug problems as we all know it’s a terrible terrible country as it is

This world is becoming too liberal and it’s the downfall to everyone
    lol...what a tool

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    and i am not saying pot leads to heroin all i am saying is colorado has a heroin problem
    Show me graphs after weed was legalized there that heroin usage went up

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Weed does not lead to heroin use... I've never met one person in my life that started smoking weed and ended up shooting up heroin every day... Maybe I'm out of touch with the youthful heroin attics of today but I think that's a load of crap...

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Weed does not lead to heroin use... I've never met one person in my life that started smoking weed and ended up shooting up heroin every day... Maybe I'm out of touch with the youthful heroin attics of today but I think that's a load of crap...
    Def is a load of crap

That guy is clueless

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

I'm glad you chimed in. You work in a factory
    says the cab driver

Laker does not smoke weed

Too educated
    coming from a guy who graduated from elementary school at 24
    Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post

I heard you were talking shit................... careful
    you guys better be careful or this sensitive bitch hurry will cry to mods for the 1,000,000,000th time.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Nobody pays you to think jj. You couldn't even master the use of a toothbrush and toothpaste. That face of yours is a walking advertisement for the pro-choice movement.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

I'm not claiming legal drugs equals utopia, but I am saying that the overall societal benefit would be greater if we legalized drugs. Less people would settle disputes violently in the streets, less tax dollars and time from law enforcement would go to stopping people and punishing people for victimless crimes, meaning we could keep violent people off the streets and in jail longer.

Alot of illegal drugs can do serious harm to people,can't legalize it all.You don't even know how much the government would charge for these drugs,they'll just be another drug dealer,it'll just be legal.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

soo many ignorant posts in here

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    brainwash is real

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Not talking about mine I hope,ive seen what Speed and Cocaine can do to people,don't want to hear any crap about this stuff being victimless.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If you wanna cut down on drug use in America you need to really lock down the borders.. Just that simple.. No supply no illegal drug dealing.. Stiffen laws for doctor prescription abuse also..

That's what Trump is trying to do.. Lock down and secure the damn borders and ports of entry... Cartels would be scrambling to get their shiiit in.. That's the only way I see to slow down drug use in America..

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    And alcohol doesn't? That's why both have an age limit anywhere it's legal.

jjgold

I am actually trying to stop it in NJ and PA

I am involved on a committee

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Some of these things not good for the developing brain.

Many brains continue to develop for years AFTER the age of 18 and some parts not until 25 or even into the 30's.

Everyone is different but alcohol in particular is not good for the developing brain and studies are growing regarding marijuana even if the evidence is not so much.

CBD seems ok for children and is used to treat seizures in them.

There is no evidence of any negative effects of CBD in any age group on any system of the body.

The endocannabinaoid system is pervasive and marijuana can be good for the body AND the brain, save a small percentage of the population (i.e. schizophrenic pre-dispositions)

But developing brains need special attention and consideration.

Points Awarded:

biggie12 gave KVB 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

learn so much here at sbr
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Chi_archie 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Its already legal anyway. The seed and the weed that comes from it are here because God wants it to be here. A group of people can't change that. That's going against the will of God.

And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so

First 12345 Last