HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    retractable roof will be done by 2020 they are saying
    well seems we can safely bet french open til 2020 then cause this shit is a factor, period

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

wonder if that comes out of taxpayer money. wonder if it costs tens of millions, surely millions but whatever the cost I dont think its really worth it, without a roof all youre doing is waiting on the rain to stop or pushing matches back a day and/or speeding future ones up. And since its only for one court is it really worth it? Not like we're talking about many courts with roofs.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    well seems we can safely bet french open til 2020 then cause this shit is a factor, period
    it's been a factor at french, wimbledon, and us open for many years.

did you just start watching tennis ? lol

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    wonder if that comes out of taxpayer money. wonder if it costs tens of millions, surely millions but whatever the cost I dont think its really worth it, without a roof all youre doing is waiting on the rain to stop or pushing matches back a day and/or speeding future ones up. And since its only for one court is it really worth it? Not like we're talking about many courts with roofs.
    well they did it at wimbledon because they got sick of the rain

aussie has one due to heat

french next

probably us open as well. many finals had to be pushed back a day at the us open in the last 10Y

jtoler

I see US Open roof cost 150 million lol for a roof, good gosh.

HurryUpAndDrink

I see US Open roof cost 150 million lol for a roof, good gosh.
    yep too much... everything is inflated nowadays

a beer is $2 down here, cigarretes? $4...

when I started partying 15 years ago a beer was $0.50 and cigs were $1

jtoler

yep too much... everything is inflated nowadays

a beer is $2 down here, cigarretes? $4...

when I started partying 15 years ago a beer was $0.50 and cigs were $1
    I stopped smoking before they got too expensive, I think they are closer to 5 bucks here, I couldnt imagine paying that much for cigs but Im sure if I still smoked Id pony up the cash for them.

HurryUpAndDrink

I stopped smoking before they got too expensive, I think they are closer to 5 bucks here, I couldnt imagine paying that much for cigs but Im sure if I still smoked Id pony up the cash for them.
    I only smoke when drinking or doing nose whiskey... bought 2 packs like 3-4 weeks ago and they are there... closed... not only they are expensive but as in everything, cigarettes are just not made like they used to IMO, taste worse and worse every year that passes imo.

Im happy spending $80-150 a month on good weed and smoke everyday the good stuff

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

I hate this BS rain delay BS... so many results affected by that BULLSHIT
    dude weather control aint just a conspiracy and this is the market where most of cash comes in and out, the ammount of asians who has nadal to win fr open and such

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

I feel for the Schwartzman backers. If the rain doesn't come, there is a very good chance Nadal loses this match. Now he's going to destroy Diego in four sets and we all know it.

robbypark

he did not give a shit about that match. if that match was at RG no way thiem beats him
    I'm actually pretty iffy on this. I used to think exactly what you are saying but now I legitimately think Thiem has a chance in the finals against Rafa. Thiem is a year wiser and he's improved many aspects of his game since last year. He's clearly the 2nd best clay courter in the world and he knows exactly how to play Rafa on the clay. To top it off, you can't deny that Rafa is no longer the dominant force this year that he used to be. I don't know whether that's due to injuries, wear-and-tear or others catching up but it's a fact. I still give Nadal a 60/40 edge but considering how much of an underdog the books will make Thiem, I'll take a flyer on him probably.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    I'm actually pretty iffy on this. I used to think exactly what you are saying but now I legitimately think Thiem has a chance in the finals against Rafa. Thiem is a year wiser and he's improved many aspects of his game since last year. He's clearly the 2nd best clay courter in the world and he knows exactly how to play Rafa on the clay. To top it off, you can't deny that Rafa is no longer the dominant force this year that he used to be. I don't know whether that's due to injuries, wear-and-tear or others catching up but it's a fact. I still give Nadal a 60/40 edge but considering how much of an underdog the books will make Thiem, I'll take a flyer on him probably.
    seems pretty dominant to me bro, he's only lost to Thiem on clay this year so far and lost only 4 sets before today.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I feel for the Schwartzman backers. If the rain doesn't come, there is a very good chance Nadal loses this match. Now he's going to destroy Diego in four sets and we all know it.

robbypark

seems pretty dominant to me bro, he's only lost to Thiem on clay this year so far and lost only 4 sets before today.
    Not nearly as dominant as he was, even last year. Losing 4 sets is losing a lot for Nadal on the clay. Secondly, you are not adding all the other facts that he was getting destroyed by Zverev until the rain bailed him out. Also, players who are tomato can level have taken him to close sets, constantly broken him or taken him to tie breakers. (Bolelli and Marterer) And now Schwartzman who Nadal had never previously lost a set to, was annihilating him until the rain came to bail him out again. These are all guys that Nadal typicallly wipes 6-2 in every set but now they are breaking him multiple times. Also, just based on the eye test he's not moving as well or hitting the ball with as much depth.

I'm not saying Thiem will beat him but he has a better chance than ever this year. And next year, I don't see Nadal winning the French.

jtoler

Not nearly as dominant as he was, even last year. Losing 4 sets is losing a lot for Nadal on the clay. Secondly, you are not adding all the other facts that he was getting destroyed by Zverev until the rain bailed him out. Also, players who are tomato can level have taken him to close sets, constantly broken him or taken him to tie breakers. (Bolelli and Marterer) And now Schwartzman who Nadal had never previously lost a set to, was annihilating him until the rain came to bail him out again. These are all guys that Nadal typicallly wipes 6-2 in every set but now they are breaking him multiple times. Also, just based on the eye test he's not moving as well or hitting the ball with as much depth.

I'm not saying Thiem will beat him but he has a better chance than ever this year. And next year, I don't see Nadal winning the French.
    I know he's not the exact same as we've seen before but when youre 21-1 on clay and 3 clay titles before the Open thats pretty dominant. Who's tomato can level? Marterer, Bolleli? Marterer just now coming into his own, I think we'll be seeing more good stuff from him especially on clay, Bolleli went through qualies got in a few matches, seasoned vet, 1st round, I dont put too much stock into 1st rounds, besides its only a tiebreak set and neither of them won it so. Schwartzmann came into his own last year I watched him steadily climb the rankings, he's no slouch and a tough out now. A defensive backboard, I saw him beat much bigger name guys last year on hard a surface which he has an overall losing record on. He took a set off of Rafa at the Aussie Open this year. Only lost to Fed by 3 games last year. Beat Johnson, Cilic, Pouille, and Thiem last year on hard. Some players take longer to figure it out, he's one of them, he's here now which means he's no slouch. He's ranked 12th in the world with almost 600 matches on clay, thats about 100 more than Rafa this match against Rafa so far shouldnt be ultra surprising.
    Last edited by jtoler; 06-06-18 at 06:32 PM.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Diego is probably the best 5'6 or shorter tennis player that has ever lived.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Diego is probably the best 5'6 or shorter tennis player that has ever lived.
    listed at 5'7". reminds of michael russell, the old american player some years ago

homie1975

i agree with almost everything you said. keep in mind rafa just turned 32 and is 13Y removed from his first slam which was right here at RG in 2005. that is a very very long time to do this to your body. yes, others are catching up but it's mainly because he is slowing down.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Dang I thought it was 2019, but with how far behind in general the French Open has been full stop Im surprised it isn't more like 2025

Plaza23

listed at 5'7". reminds of michael russell, the old american player some years ago
    Diego was hilarious his last match flirting with the sexy female umpire Marijana Veljovic

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Wasn't Michael Chang pretty short and stocky?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Wasn't Michael Chang pretty short and stocky?
    5-9 160 lbs

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    5-9 160 lbs
    Kevin Anderson is 6'8 but this picture makes Diego look like he's 5'5. He's probably the best tennis player I've ever seen at maximizing his athletic ability. Depending on how high the balls bounce, he's always jumping to hit his forehand. He's literally a freak of nature. It's like Muggsy Bogues playing in the NBA. I don't know how Diego got to be top 30 in the world at his height. Amazing amount of skill.

shadymcgrady

Kevin anderson, Juan del Potro, john isner

Who's got the best serve?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Kevin Anderson is 6'8 but this picture makes Diego look like he's 5'5. He's probably the best tennis player I've ever seen at maximizing his athletic ability. Depending on how high the balls bounce, he's always jumping to hit his forehand. He's literally a freak of nature. It's like Muggsy Bogues playing in the NBA. I don't know how Diego got to be top 30 in the world at his height. Amazing amount of skill.

i was giving u changs stats 5-9 160

diego is listed at 5-7 141 pounds

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

isner had almost 400 more aces than 2nd place last year

jtoler

isner, just about every player says isner also

shadymcgrady

isner had almost 400 more aces than 2nd place last year
    Does he have the highest mph on his 1st serve? Is andersen pretty close? Who had the highest? Sampras? Roddick?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

isner, just about every player says isner also
    prob with isner is he doesn't move well and his return game sucks, sadliy he will never win a major maybe if he switched to doubles

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Does he have the highest mph on his 1st serve? Is andersen pretty close? Who had the highest? Sampras? Roddick?
    Busan, South Korea: Samuel Groth of Australia achieved a World Record of the fastest serve ever in tennis history with a service speed of 163.7 mph(263.4 kph) at the Busan Open 2012 Challenger

google is nice it will even help you win the 3rd question in sbr trivia sometimes

shadymcgrady

Busan, South Korea: Samuel Groth of Australia achieved a World Record of the fastest serve ever in tennis history with a service speed of 163.7 mph(263.4 kph) at the Busan Open 2012 Challenger
    Hah, thanks kid but I was referring to avg and ranked players

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Hah, thanks kid but I was referring to avg and ranked players
    not sure i like milos serve when he's healthy

robbypark

I know he's not the exact same as we've seen before but when youre 21-1 on clay and 3 clay titles before the Open thats pretty dominant. Who's tomato can level? Marterer, Bolleli? Marterer just now coming into his own, I think we'll be seeing more good stuff from him especially on clay, Bolleli went through qualies got in a few matches, seasoned vet, 1st round, I dont put too much stock into 1st rounds, besides its only a tiebreak set and neither of them won it so. Schwartzmann came into his own last year I watched him steadily climb the rankings, he's no slouch and a tough out now. A defensive backboard, I saw him beat much bigger name guys last year on hard a surface which he has an overall losing record on. He took a set off of Rafa at the Aussie Open this year. Only lost to Fed by 3 games last year. Beat Johnson, Cilic, Pouille, and Thiem last year on hard. Some players take longer to figure it out, he's one of them, he's here now which means he's no slouch. He's ranked 12th in the world with almost 600 matches on clay, thats about 100 more than Rafa this match against Rafa so far shouldnt be ultra surprising.
    Well yeah, he's obviously still the best clay courter in the world and the favorite every time he plays on the clay, but the whole point of it is that I think Thiem has a real shot against him. You stated that his win against Nadal this year is irrelevant and at RG Nadal would beat him with ease. I'm simply saying that I used to agree with that sentiment but I no longer do. I honestly think Thiem can give him a battle this time and that he likely will be worth a flyer on the ML. I still think Nadal will/would likely beat him but it's not a foregone straight sets conclusion like it was last year, and next year I think Thiem could be a legit favorite to win the French. If Dominic stays healthy, he's definitely the one to be the next clay court king after Nadal.

robbypark

prob with isner is he doesn't move well and his return game sucks, sadliy he will never win a major maybe if he switched to doubles
    Main problem with Isner is neither of those. None of the really tall players move well nor return well. The#1 problem Isner has is that despite his size, he's a terrible volleyer. When you're tall and armed with a massive serve, the net game is your #1 weapon. Isner is so bad at the net, he is forced to stay on the baseline where is lack of movement kills him against top players.

First 123 Last