ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Never forget the coolest and the classiest player of all-time. Maybe the #2 or #3?

Doctor J, otherwise known as Julius Erving, 6-6 1/2, 200 lbs.

Maybe #2 or #3 best basketball player of all-time? Definitely in the top 4 of all-time.
    Here is an inspiring 1 hour documentary of his life.
    Watch it and then you know why I stated those superb compliments above.

* And yes, he'll make this shot!

ABEHONEST

Wow! Am I ever disappointed in our members by not recognizing this classy player's skills and greatness.
    It shows me we have a high percentage of young member's on board. Gullible, naive, and too much biased exposure with today's wild circus of NBA player's. Add overpaid, too.

But, hey guys, you can educate yourselves about Doc J. and will not only be astonished, but
    will in awe of Doc.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

You are the only one that has Dr J in the top 5. I've never seen him listed that high.

Where would you put Elgin Baylor? top 10? top 20?
    Last edited by eidolon; 05-29-18 at 07:07 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Maybe top 5 all time for players that played on Sixers

1. Wilt
    2. Moses Malone 3 MVPS- Dr. J needed him to get title
    3. Iverson
    4. Barkley
    5. Dr. J

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    You are the only one that has Dr J in the top 5. I've never seen him listed that high.

Where would you put Elgin Baylor? top 10? top 20?
    Elgin? Going back pretty far but yes, a super player and right these in the top 10 or 12.

Again, for the naive and uneducated, concerning Doc. J; he's the basketball father of Michael Jordan.
    If you'll get off you're lazy behinds and watch the long video I presented you, then you'll qualify for comments about The Doctor. Not until then, though.

Now, if you have the patience to do that, then tell me what you really believe about Doc. J? I'll be waiting.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Maybe top 5 all time for players that played on Sixers

1. Wilt
    2. Moses Malone 3 MVPS- Dr. J needed him to get title
    3. Iverson
    4. Barkley
    5. Dr. J
    Excuse me, but I see that you are to young to know The Doctor.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Abe are you into black guys? I never knew you were a cokksucker

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hey forget the trivia let’s pick winners this is a gambling forum

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hey forget the trivia let’s pick winners this is a gambling forum
    Come on JJ, this is challenge for me to attempt to school some of our younger members.
    This is the ultimate, by debating the who's-who of our all-time players.
    I believe I am 100% right on The Doctor.

So where does JJ want to send this thread?
    JJ, you know many threads on PT, are about puss-n-boot stuff.
    Relax and read up on DJ. Or lay down and take a snooze.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

#2 or #3 all time and only 1 nba title

ABEHONEST

Seems Pete Rose guy own's a closed mind? Too bad. I tried to wise him up but some guys just will not let go of the idea.."I am the smartest sport's guy in the room."

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

how's it going Bryan

how ironic it is Bryan Colangelo gets busted for multiple twitter acounts one of his names was honestabe and we have a poster named abehonest who created a thread tonight about a 76er basketball player dr j, can't make this stuff up

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    how's it going Bryan

how ironic it is Bryan Colangelo gets busted for multiple twitter acounts one of his names was honestabe and we have a poster named abehonest who created a thread tonight about a 76er basketball player dr j, can't make this stuff up
    Forget Chocolate Thunder.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

how's it going Bryan

ABEHONEST

Back to school again, Cincinnati.
    Doctor J's NBA championship.
    Dr. J Gets His Ring.

When Julius Erving came to Philadelphia prior to the 1976-77 season, an NBA Championship was predicted for the 76ers. While the 76ers did make three trips to the NBA Finals in Dr. J's first six years with the team, the title continued to elude them.
    Philadelphia swept to its first title since the days of Wilt Chamberlain.
    Dr. J revels in the championship hoopla.

Julius Erving had won two ABA Championships with the New York Nets in 1974 and 1976. Although Erving and the other ABA players proved they were good enough for the NBA from the start, the NBA title forecast for the 76ers with Erving had not come to pass. Then Moses Malone, another ABA star, came to Philadelphia. The 76ers went 12-1 in the Playoffs and recorded a sweep over the Lakers in the Finals.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Bryan shouldn't you be doing some scouting for the nba draft coming up, please stop spending so much time on sbr the sixers need you, i hope you don't draft liangelo ball, you guys either pick really well simmons embiid, or strike out okafor noel , fultz
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 05-29-18 at 11:04 PM.

ABEHONEST

Bryan shouldn't you be doing some scouting for the nba draft coming up, please stop spending so much time on sbr the sixers need you
    I am a dedicated schoolmaster when it comes to arrogant--know it all--and under-educated young men, when the subject is about elite player's.
    It's like a drug. I can't get enough of this "pouring on the coals" to these poor hard headed rascals.
    Young mates, take a bite out of this sport's apple and get smarter.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

this is def jerry colangelo. no one else would be bringing up this from the stone ages

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lone Gambler -- You'll be bringing up Lebron when you're 80 years old. Guarantee it.

Dr. J was great.

Watched every era of basketball. You can still watch full games (a ton of them) online from that era and even before.

Baylor might be better than Dr. J tbh. Baylor was unreal for those that haven't seen him play. He can easily dominate in today's NBA. Would prolly be a top 3-4 player in the league.

Dr. J still had some flaws in his game though.

Yeah he's a revolutionary player, but so was Jordan, and there are no flaws in Jordan's game... Jordan's prime is going back 20 years. So that's saying something.

Is Dr. J a top 5 player? No chance. Top 20 for sure. I would say D Wade was a better player than Dr. J. Dr. J was never the best player in the world at any point in his career. He was always a top 5ish player. Wade was the best player in the world arguably after Bryant for a 3 year period. When Lebron was in Peyton Manning mode. Great reg season stats, fold up time in the playoffs.

We know Wade was also robbed by Lebron of a ring in 2010 when he averaged 29 in the finals and Lebron averaged 17. So Wade was arguably better that year as well. Who was better in the league? Only Bryant perhaps.

That's how I measure greatness. Against the guys in their era. Then you take the best guys from every era and think about who belongs where on the list.

1. Jordan
    2. Bryant
    3. Lebron (Lebron will be 1/2 when he retires probably. Still more work to do).
    4. Magic
    5. Not sure.

There's a lot who can go in 5. You got Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Bird, etc.

See think about it.

Hakeem was the 2nd best player in the world for many, many years to Jordan.

Bird was the 2nd best player for many years to Magic imo.

Bryant was the best player in the world for damn near a decade...

If you're the best player in the world for a stretch of time, you deserve to be in the conversation of the greats.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lone Gambler -- You'll be bringing up Lebron when you're 80 years old. Guarantee it.

Dr. J was great.

Watched every era of basketball. You can still watch full games (a ton of them) online from that era and even before.

Baylor might be better than Dr. J tbh. Baylor was unreal for those that haven't seen him play. He can easily dominate in today's NBA. Would prolly be a top 3-4 player in the league.

Yeah he's a revolutionary player, but so was Jordan, and there are no flaws in Jordan's game... Jordan's prime is going back 20 years. So that's saying something.

Is Dr. J a top 5 player? No chance. Top 20 for sure. I would say D Wade was a better player than Dr. J. Dr. J was never the best player in the world at any point in his career. He was always a top 5ish player. Wade was the best player in the world arguably after Bryant for a 3 year period. When Lebron was in Peyton Manning mode. Great reg season stats, fold up time in the playoffs.

We know Wade was also robbed by Lebron of a ring in 2010 when he averaged 29 in the finals and Lebron averaged 17. So Wade was arguably better that year as well. Who was better in the league? Only Bryant perhaps.

That's how I measure greatness. Against the guys in their era. Then you take the best guys from every era and think about who belongs where on the list.

1. Jordan
    2. Bryant
    4. Magic
    5. Not sure.

There's a lot who can go in 5. You got Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Bird, etc.

See think about it.

If you're the best player in the world for a stretch of time, you deserve to be in the conversation of the greats.

Goat. you always put Kobe a bit too high IMO.
    LBJ already surpassed him in everything but rings.
    Magic was so much better in making his team rise, making team mates achieve Kobe had to be the man and couldn`t get along w/Shaq.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Dr. J was great.

1. Jordan
    2. Bryant
    4. Magic
    5. Not sure.

See think about it.

No, you need to watch the DJ video and move him up the ladder.
    The difference maker; DJ rarely[what, one year] played with supreme player's such as Jordan did.
    There you go. And the same with Magic, Russell, and many other player's you have him rated under.