packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Can you imagine of we had the internet and social media in the 80's when murder and violent crime was at an all time high?
    That was back when child kidnappings we're the big issue, remember when you'd go out somewhere and they have child missing posters on the walls.

And then you had John Walsh and his boy,that was big news.My mum use to warn us about not trusting strangers.Did you guys use to have Block Parents in the States,their mostly all gone know
    Last edited by packerd_00; 05-25-18 at 12:51 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    That was back when child kidnappings we're the big issue, remember when you'd go out somewhere and they have child missing posters on the walls.

And then you had John Walsh and his boy,that was big news.My mum use to warn us about not trusting strangers.Did you guys use to have Block Parents in the States,their mostly all gone know
    Yeah, my mom was a block parent. We also had a neighborhood watch where groups of adults would "patrol" the area.

I also remember that movie "Adam" about John Walsh's kidnapped son. They also used to have pictures of missing kids on milk cartons.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

23 “school shootings” is not accurate. I don’t consider a gun going off in a university parking lot in the middle of the night a “school shooting”. I don’t think gang members shooting one another at school is one either. But this is what CNN wants you to believe.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

only whites and some Asians create modern, livable civilizations.

in latino and black countries they can't create that quality - that's why they demand entry into white countries. Once whites become a minority it wll get much worse.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

More guns = more gun deaths... This is not rocket science.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    23 “school shootings” is not accurate. I don’t consider a gun going off in a university parking lot in the middle of the night a “school shooting”. I don’t think gang members shooting one another at school is one either. But this is what CNN wants you to believe.

I am pretty sure one of those shootings was one student shooting another student with a BB Gun.

Funny though how if a kid gets shot by the cops and he is carrying a BB Gun, the media is quick to call it a "Toy Gun"

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Opie - who cares if it's a "MASS" shooting or not? Shootings are shootings are shootings are shootings. If someone gets shot at my kids school, that is a traumatic event whether it's gang violence, some sick fukk or someone firing a gun by mistake.

Bottom line, too many damn guns are in the hands of too many dumb people.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Most posters here are blind. They are not even looking. Many don't even drive around their city. They have no clue what is happening in their own backyard. They have turned their eyes to the poverty. EVERY city in this country has a huge homeless, poverty problem. It is sickening. We see it everyday but do nothing to help. Of course many of us are "comfortable". That's our problem. We are too comfortable. We have totally neglected everyone around us. We have millions of people here in the US living a nightmare. But we are "comfortable".
    What are we to do more to help people Mac that we aren't doing now?.. Bringing back more jobs is what Trump is doing now.. We are the welfare Nation now and that just enables people and makes them lazy.. What more do we have to give to people? At some point people have to start helping themselves..

Oh and open borders you will let in everyone all the good and bad and in a hurry into America, at that point America will no longer be America.. America would quickly become unrecognizable.. It would be a drug, crime, homeless shiit hole for everyone.. Rich would be the targets for home invasions then.. You and your kids would not be safe in your own neighborhoods anymore..

Mac you are way off.. Oh and since when is America responsible for everyone in the World? Other Countries need to step up and fix their own crap just like America is doing now.. AMERICA FIRST NOW!!!

TRUMP!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What are we to do more to help people Mac that we aren't doing now?.. Bringing back more jobs is what Trump is doing now.. We are the welfare Nation now and that just enables people and makes them lazy.. What more do we have to give to people? At some point people have to start helping themselves..

Oh and open borders you will let in everyone all the good and bad and in a hurry into America, at that point America will no longer be America.. America would quickly become unrecognizable.. It would be a drug, crime, homeless shiit hole for everyone.. Rich would be the targets for home invasions then.. You and your kids would not be safe in your own neighborhoods anymore..

Mac you are way off.. Oh and since when is America responsible for everyone in the World? Other Countries need to step up and fix their own crap just like America is doing now.. AMERICA FIRST NOW!!!

TRUMP!!!
    Jibbby - your belief and reliance on presidents is disturbing and way off. The president has nothing to do with your success or failure. NOTHING. If you really believe Obama is responsible for all US problems and If you think Trump is going to fix your circumstances, you also believe in the Easter Bunny. A long, long time ago, I realized that I was responsible for my success. No one, let alone the government is going to give me anything. Republicans and Democrats are all the same. None of them have your best interest. Presidents do not have much real power. It's an illusion that you have bought in to, which has diverted you from the real issues.

I don't think America is responsible for everyone else in the world. I was merely pointing out that we have enough resources in this country to handle ALL our problems right now but it takes responsible, caring people that are willing to do something about it. I'm not talking about handouts, I'm talking about reach one, teach one.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbby - your belief and reliance on presidents is disturbing and way off. The president has nothing to do with your success or failure. NOTHING. If you really believe Obama is responsible for all US problems and If you think Trump is going to fix your circumstances, you also believe in the Easter Bunny. A long, long time ago, I realized that I was responsible for my success. No one, let alone the government is going to give me anything. Republicans and Democrats are all the same. None of them have your best interest. Presidents do not have much real power. It's an illusion that you have bought in to, which has diverted you from the real issues.

I don't think America is responsible for everyone else in the world. I was merely pointing out that we have enough resources in this country to handle ALL our problems right now but it takes responsible, caring people that are willing to do something about it. I'm not talking about handouts, I'm talking about reach one, teach one.
    Fair enough Mac.... I can't argue that...

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Yeah, my mom was a block parent. We also had a neighborhood watch where groups of adults would "patrol" the area.

I also remember that movie "Adam" about John Walsh's kidnapped son. They also used to have pictures of missing kids on milk cartons.
    Yeah flipping hell mate,you never hear about kidnappings anymore,it was bad back then.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 05-25-18 at 02:36 PM.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;27805973]I agree Mac.. I've also traveled the world. Nice places out there.. America still has it's nice and bad places but the middle class has eroded and got squeezed big time during the Obama years.. Loose borders haven't helped matters either.. Got homeless every where in major cities now living in tents...

Jibby,

Why is it you always seem to bring up Obama's name blaming him for immigration problems and loose borders etc..

President Obama deported more immigrants than any other President in U.S. history...FACT...

You never mention that Republican Presidents never did much to secure our borders...FACT..

Both Republicans and Democrats want open borders for different reasons...FACT..

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    Wait till globalists disarm USA citizens then they will have global domination like in Europe where whites are helpless against the invading brown hordes. It's their wet dream to remove our most important liberty.
    Thank you for saving me the trouble..

People need to listen to this guy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=HockeyRocks;27806188]
    I agree Mac.. I've also traveled the world. Nice places out there.. America still has it's nice and bad places but the middle class has eroded and got squeezed big time during the Obama years.. Loose borders haven't helped matters either.. Got homeless every where in major cities now living in tents...

Jibby,

Why is it you always seem to bring up Obama's name blaming him for immigration problems and loose borders etc..

President Obama deported more immigrants than any other President in U.S. history...FACT...

You never mention that Republican Presidents never did much to secure our borders...FACT..

Oh I agree. Past presidents all to blame as well. Bush included... Congress really to blame..

I mentioned Obama because he was our last President and didn't do or try a whole lot to try and fix the immigration problem.. He deported alot of illegals but did nothing to secure the border as they came right back the next day... It was a total waste of our tax dollars..

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    only whites and some Asians create modern, livable civilizations.

in latino and black countries they can't create that quality - that's why they demand entry into white countries. Once whites become a minority it wll get much worse.
    Poland is the blue print,of what the West will become.

HockeyRocks

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;27806204]
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post

Oh I agree. Past presidents all to blame as well. Bush included... Congress really to blame..

I mentioned Obama because he was our last President and didn't do or try a whole lot to try and fix the immigration problem.. He deported alot of illegals but did nothing to secure the border as they came right back the next day... It was a total waste of our tax dollars..
    LOL..."He deported alot of illegals." He deported more illegals than any other President in U.S. History...That must pizz you off Jibby....

What evidence do you have "they came right back the next day?"

Jibby, you do a lousy job of disguising your hate for President O. You need to work on that...

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

23 school shootings and not one plane has been hijacked. Put TSA-style security in the schools. Problem solved.

HockeyRocks

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    23 school shootings and not one plane has been hijacked. Put TSA-style security in the schools. Problem solved.
    Who will pay for that???

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=HockeyRocks;27806374]
    LOL..."He deported alot of illegals." He deported more illegals than any other President in U.S. History...That must pizz you off Jibby....

What evidence do you have "they came right back the next day?"

Jibby, you do a lousy job of disguising your hate for President O. You need to work on that...
    I live in California, I know I have eyes and ears.. They all come back after getting deported.. I know a few illegals that got deported a few times under Obama.. They came back the next day..

I voted for Obama first term, I don't think he's a horrible person.. Just thought he was a soft and weak President in the end.. I don't like his DACA and OBAMACARE failures.. We were getting threatened by ISIS, we had cops being sniper shot in the streets, race riots.. Illegal immigration out of control.. Economy was stagnant..

No didn't really like Obama in the end for those reasons..

VeggieDog

Who will pay for that???
    Who pays for it at the airports and court houses?

HockeyRocks

Who pays for it at the airports and court houses?
    I understand what your getting at, however, local governments have no money to pay for school security. They barely have enough money to pay for paper and pencils for the kids....The Feds, no way would something like this get through the House when the Freedumb Caucus votes against everything...

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

[QUOTE=HockeyRocks;27806188]
    I agree Mac.. I've also traveled the world. Nice places out there.. America still has it's nice and bad places but the middle class has eroded and got squeezed big time during the Obama years.. Loose borders haven't helped matters either.. Got homeless every where in major cities now living in tents...

Jibby,

You're brainwashed bro

VeggieDog

I understand what your getting at, however, local governments have no money to pay for school security. They barely have enough money to pay for paper and pencils for the kids....The Feds, no way would something like this get through the House when the Freedumb Caucus votes against everything...
    Agree. Time for the parents to pony up the bucks. I pay a TSA surcharge on every flight, why can't the parents pay to ensure their kid's safety?

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Under Obama I rarely heard of shootings happening. Under this clown in chief there's a shooting every fricken week. Goofy is the most embarrassing President ever and there have been a lot of bad ones. America is the laughing stock of the world which is the reason why I'm getting out of dodge until a) he gets impeached b)elect someone suitable preferably with D beside his/her name

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How come no school shootings by black students in black neighborhood schools? All school shootings in suburban white schools by white boys who have access to guns.

Mac4Lyfe

Agree. Time for the parents to pony up the bucks. I pay a TSA surcharge on every flight, why can't the parents pay to ensure their kid's safety?
    How about googling court house shootings and airport shootings. It happens more times than you'd think.

Let's say you have a metal detector at the entrance of the school. How do you stop someone from shooting kids down the street? Have you been to a school lately? I was at one today. Kids are very vulnerable a block away. You could shoot up hundreds of kids as they walk up to the school. TSA type security is a bad solution. Money wasted.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Under Obama I rarely heard of shootings happening. Under this clown in chief there's a shooting every fricken week. Goofy is the most embarrassing President ever and there have been a lot of bad ones. America is the laughing stock of the world which is the reason why I'm getting out of dodge until a) he gets impeached b)elect someone suitable preferably with D beside his/her name
    Well probably because the majority of the media and celebrities that have talk shows were on Obama's side. Just look at how Obama was so strict on getting illegals out of the country and deported more than any other President, meanwhile Trump wants to do the same thing, but he is labeled as a racist.

When Dems lose and get that salt build up on their cheeks and you are on the other side, you just can't win. The crazy thing is that the Dems actually won because they have one of their own in the White House.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How come no school shootings by black students in black neighborhood schools? All school shootings in suburban white schools by white boys who have access to guns.
    Obviously, black teens are smarter and more civilized than white teens and know not to shoot each other.

VeggieDog

How about googling court house shootings and airport shootings. It happens more times than you'd think.

Let's say you have a metal detector at the entrance of the school. How do you stop someone from shooting kids down the street? Have you been to a school lately? I was at one today. Kids are very vulnerable a block away. You could shoot up hundreds of kids as they walk up to the school. TSA type security is a bad solution. Money wasted.
    Yep. It's a lose/lose situation all around.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

It all started when Jeremy by Pearl Jam came out.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I would guess that a majority of them aren’t in school
    Points Awarded:

stealthyburrito gave Booya711 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I would guess that a majority of them aren’t in school
    wrong answer.
    They have metal detectors in black neighborhood schools.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

They were never a big issue anywhere. USA for example anly averages about 100/yr where a kid is kidnapped for more than 24 hours or hurt.

Media and milk cartons amde parents paronoid in the 80s and now today we reap the rewards of those kids as parents being paranoid and over-protective.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They were never a big issue anywhere. USA for example anly averages about 100/yr where a kid is kidnapped for more than 24 hours or hurt.

Media and milk cartons amde parents paronoid in the 80s and now today we reap the rewards of those kids as parents being paranoid and over-protective.
    Well then if you want to get technical School Shootings aren't either,how many HS are their in the US,and how many school shootings are their in comparison.Tell me the difference.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 05-26-18 at 01:06 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Well then if you want to get technical School Shootings aren't either,how many HS are their in the US,and how many school shootings are their in comparison.Tell me the difference.
    It's not a dis similar phenomenon really.

I think the US shootings are being driven by the publicity as well.

None of us knew it wasn't a smart thing to do back then. But I think if you ponder it with hindsight whilst looking at how often it actually happens in real life (that a stranger kidnaps a kid) you might agree that there has been no positive benefit from it. No less kidnappings. More paronoid, over protective and guilt ridden parents, and worst of all, outr kids dont get to go play outside alone or walk to school or learn life lessins like we did as kids anymore.

First 123 Last