cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

poor guy going to make 22 million next year no matter what

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I've always disliked that lazy POS. My dislike for him dates back to his Marlins days where I repeatedly watched him lolly gag after balls that got passed him. Fuq him and his lame hairdo!
    Points Awarded:

TheLock gave A4K 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Baseball player DFA'd? Who besides me DGAF?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    poor guy going to make 22 million next year no matter what
    not unless he gets 497 PA this year from somebody. if he doesn't he will have to sign somewhere for the minimum which someone will offer. this year a team would be out of their minds to take on that contract and fulfill his plate appearance clause.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    not unless he gets 497 PA this year from somebody. if he doesn't he will have to sign somewhere for the minimum which someone will offer. this year a team would be out of their minds to take on that contract and fulfill his plate appearance clause.
    Can't a new team negotiate a trade with Boston and do some sort of split on the salary? God I hope Mets don't even look at him. Sounds like something right up their alley. Bunch of bums.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

One of the laziest phucks around.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

You sure about the PA CLAUSE

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    One of the laziest phucks around.
    he really isn't. a good team guy with some pop but tends to go into prolonged slumps which he is in a horrible one right now. better player than edward encarnacion who the indians would swap for hanley and pay both plane fares. the mets would be a good fit. certainly better than bautista who they just picked up and will soon regret it.

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    You sure about the PA CLAUSE
    yes well documented. it is why they signed moreland to split time at first base so in case hanley slumped they could stave off giving him those PA. but he had a very good april (.330) so they felt obligated to keep playing him (actually stuck) but then he immediately went into an elongated slump which he is still mired in and they do not want to pay him 22m next year so DFA him is their only option now since he is not producing and unlikely to. they are also stuck with blake swihart who can play first but has no trade value but is a good hitter if he gets at bats. much cheaper option with the same results.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

good for boston shut him down so they don't have to pay him next year

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Can't a new team negotiate a trade with Boston and do some sort of split on the salary? God I hope Mets don't even look at him. Sounds like something right up their alley. Bunch of bums.
    you really think boston wants to pay him 11m next year and the team he is traded to would have no interest in paying him the other 11m. if they DFA him some team will sign him in late july when it will be too late for him to get those PA. boston still on the hook for this years salary minus a small pro-rated amount if some team does pick him up later.

A4K

you really think boston wants to pay him 11m next year and the team he is traded to would have no interest in paying him the other 11m. if they DFA him some team will sign him in late july when it will be too late for him to get those PA. boston still on the hook for this years salary minus a small pro-rated amount if some team does pick him up later.
    Solid point, kind sir!

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

he really isn't. a good team guy with some pop but tends to go into prolonged slumps which he is in a horrible one right now. better player than edward encarnacion who the indians would swap for hanley and pay both plane fares. the mets would be a good fit. certainly better than bautista who they just picked up and will soon regret it.
    He cost me some money when he watched and then went into a homerun trot for a ball off the CF wall.
    Single.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Baseball player DFA'd? Who besides me DGAF?
    Might just be you.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Guy was a nightmare for unders backers always use to do goofy mistakes when he fields