MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

So theres an insider story regarding the networks consumed by politics if anyone actually has a subscription anymore...

...then theres former CEO Skinner, who resigned recently, calling it a mutual decision.

Turns out he was being blackmailed by his cocaine dealer!!

Seriously, WTF is going on in Hollywood and Media here....

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

In December, ESPN president John Skipper abruptly resigned, citing his need to get treatment for a longtime “substance addiction.” Now, in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Skipper has revealed the impetus behind his surprise departure: He was being extorted by someone he had bought cocaine from in the past. “I was careful,” he says of keeping his drug use secret. “It turned out I wasn’t careful this time.” After discussing the extortion attempt with Disney CEO Robert Iger, Skipper says, he agreed with Iger that he had “placed the company in an untenable position” and decided to resign
    Skipper claims that his drug use never interfered, or even intersected, with his work life. “In order to do what I did you have to be a master of compartmentalization,” he says. “Which is why people are going, ‘I don’t understand this.’ Because they have the belief that they can recognize someone who has a problem.” That, he said, misunderstands the way addicts work: “In order to compartmentalize you have to deceive yourself and deceive other people.”
    Skipper is also adamant that his departure had nothing to do with the post-Weinstein reckoning about sexual harassment in the workplace. He says his treatment is still ongoing: “I’ve had an opportunity to not use for a long period of time, and I have resources to help me now.”

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no idea

I use website and app at times but that is about it

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

ESPN programming is absolutely trash. Why can't we have a sports network that actually focuses on sports, not human interest stories that belong on other networks.