hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Dodgers pitcher Rich Hill exits with injury after throwing 2 pitches

come on!
    integrity anyone???
    how do they start him for the game?

yes this is a recurring issue with Hill, but two pitches into the game means he had to know it was acting up today

Game is still playing....Scherzer still in for Washington, but Dodgers still up 1-0. I'd guess that Washington wins this in the end, as they were favored to do.
    -------------------------------------------

Dodgers starter Rich Hill exited the first inning after only two pitches due to an apparent finger injury on his left hand in the second game of a split doubleheader Saturday against the Nationals.

Hill took to the mound staked to a 1-0 lead against Washington ace Max Scherzer. Hill had Nationals leadoff hitter Trea Turner in an 0-2 hole following two foul balls but showed discomfort after the release of the second pitch. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts, a member of the training staff and the entire infield convened by the mound for a brief meeting that ended with Hill leaving.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

2 more pitches than he makes in half his scheduled starts. "Sorry boss, my blister hurts I gotta stay home today", grueling life they lead!!

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Dodgers win 5-4 final score

this scenario with one team's starting pitcher leaving the game ridiculously early.... happens at least once every year, maybe even a few times per year

yes, the wager stands because the listed pitcher did make the start once he throws one pitch

However, this is the first time that I can remember the team wins the game after their starter exits early on (either favorite or dog)

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

HC

That's all about money and what his contract states

Can't blame him but Roberts shouldve scratched him

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Scherzer on the other side too. Poor Poolittle

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 842

He shouldn't be paid for the match. Even better, fine him or the coach for showing up and misleading fans and bettors. ATP/WTA did this for first round of Grand Slams, MLB should do this too.