PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

PAULYPOKER

34 bishops have offered Pope Francis their resignations over a child sex scandal

All Chilean bishops resign over child sex scandal

All 34 bishops in Chile have submitted their resignations to Pope Francis over an infamous child sex scandal and cover-up, asking for forgiveness from victims and the Roman Catholic Church for their “grave error and omissions.”

The unprecedented move in the Chilean church – which saw the mass resignation of its entire leadership – came shortly after a meeting with the pontiff over the scandal at the Vatican on Friday, marking the move, to date, as the most significant official acceptance of responsibility for abuse by members of the church hierarchy in the world.

It was, however, not immediately clear whether the resignations were accepted by the Pope, who responded to the bishops’ letter in the form of a 10-page document, accusing Chile's Church hierarchy of negligence in sex abuse cases.

“We are all involved, myself in first place, and no one can be exempted by looking to shift the problem onto the backs of others,” the pontiff reportedly wrote.

The scandal centers around Bishop Juan Barros, who is accused of misusing his position in the Catholic Church to try to obstruct a probe into his mentor, Fernando Karadima, an influential priest who was found guilty in 2011 by the Vatican of sexually abusing male minors in the 70s and 80s and later sentenced to a lifetime of “penance and prayer.”

The bishop of Osorno, Juan Barros, takes part in an open-air mass celebrated by Pope Francis at Lobitos Beach, near the Chilean city of Iquique, on January 18, 2018. (Photo by AFP)

Barros, now 61, had offered his resignation to the pontiff multiple times during the past seven years, but it was rejected as he was believed to be innocent of the cover-up allegations. This time, it is thought his offer to quit will be accepted.

The Pope was widely criticized in January when he defended Barros during a visit to Chile, saying the accusations against him should be classed as "slander" until proven otherwise.
    Following the Pope’s controversial comments in support of Barros, at least nine churches were set ablaze or firebombed while multiple protests were held by those opposed to the bishop, who is widely accused of being very close to Karadima, now Chile's most notorious pedophile priest sacked by the Vatican in 2011.

Former Catholic priest Fernando Karadima

The Roman Catholic Church has been hit by numerous scandals in the past few years, involving allegations of covering up the sexual abuse of children by priests.

Pope Francis, who was appointed in 2013 with a mandate to overhaul the Vatican, has warned that there will be “no privileges” for bishops when it comes to child sex offenses. The pontiff has also promised more action in response to accusations of cover-up and excessive leniency by the Vatican

PAULYPOKER

Mods please erase this thread as it was posted premature.......
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 05-19-18 at 10:09 PM.

PAULYPOKER

Here's the correct thread...........34 bishops have offered Pope Francis their re
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 05-19-18 at 10:09 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Religion is dumb....fake shit for people to believe in. Jews, Muslims, Christians, Scientologists....all useless

Religion causes more conflict than good
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: b1slickguy

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Let’s let our resident pastor TeddyB check in

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Events occurred 40 years ago

Just trying to cover up...even that was 10 years ago

Not sure Pope can accept these resignations

Will be interesting

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Old news - SAME STORY- Throw that pussys in prison so the CROOKS can feast on that pussy

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 923

I'll check in.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

PAULYPOKER

Child rape is worse that murder,fact.........

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

Here's all I got to say about this issue. By all of you hating on the pedophile Priests you're acknowledging that The Catholic Church is the Truth and only way. The Catechism of The Catholic Church is very clear that homosexuality and rape are very grave sins and never permitted. So you're just agreeing with what The Church teaches. The Church is never wrong. Read your Bibles and study the Catechism and you'll get to Heaven. Just cause the Church has sinners in it, doesn't change the doctrine.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
    Here's all I got to say about this issue. By all of you hating on the pedophile Priests you're acknowledging that The Catholic Church is the Truth and only way. The Catechism of The Catholic Church is very clear that homosexuality and rape are very grave sins and never permitted. So you're just agreeing with what The Church teaches. The Church is never wrong. Read your Bibles and study the Catechism and you'll get to Heaven. Just cause the Church has sinners in it, doesn't change the doctrine.
    This is what you are concerned with when you hear some little boys were raped?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

I'll check in.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
    Wow....so you are ok with child rapists???

PAULYPOKER

You do not understand,Ted............

Pedophiles (by career choice) become respected religious leaders as it is the garden of Eden
    that grows endless, bountiful, innocent, fruitful children for their pickings........

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Religious cucks

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't think it's violent rape to begin with. Of course I think it's a grave sin but I don't think it's as bad as murder. 4,000 mothers abort their babies every day in America. 50% of black pregnancies in NYC end in abortion. 99% of Down Syndrome pregnancies in Iceland end in abortion, I think those people are worse. Plus, I raise my children as young men and women, I'm just telling the truth but those kids softness might have played a role in it. What do you think is worse, consensual sex with a 13 year old girl or consensual sex with a 25 year old man, you already know the answer.

MickeyMan

Teddy I hope Ronald puts the rape on you you sick fukk

PAULYPOKER

Pedophiles probably create most adults with sexual identity crisis.....

Pedophiles create a high number of adults who are violent lifelong
    domestic abusers and even murderers.........

I could go on forever...........

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Teddy I hope Ronald puts the rape on you you sick fukk
    Look Mickey, all I'm saying is that if all those people followed the Doctrine of The Catholic Church no sins would happen. And Ronald, you don't really hope that, at least I hope not, you don't know who you're messing with, it was just a joke, lol, :-)

MickeyMan

Look Mickey, all I'm saying is that if all those people followed the Doctrine of The Catholic Church no sins would happen. And Ronald, you don't really hope that, at least I hope not, you don't know who you're messing with, it was just a joke, lol, :-)

Are you saying that it wouldn’t be considered rape if Ronald fukked you because you actually want his rooster inside you?

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Are you saying that it wouldn’t be considered rape if Ronald fukked you because you actually want his rooster inside you?
    Mickey, I'm a professional gambler, I predict things, you need to watch yourself or at some point you will get raped!

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Just 34? What about the other 5,000?

PAULYPOKER

All Chilean bishops resign over child sex scandal

All 34 bishops in Chile have submitted their resignations to Pope Francis over an infamous child sex scandal and cover-up, asking for forgiveness from victims and the Roman Catholic Church for their “grave error and omissions.”

The unprecedented move in the Chilean church – which saw the mass resignation of its entire leadership – came shortly after a meeting with the pontiff over the scandal at the Vatican on Friday, marking the move, to date, as the most significant official acceptance of responsibility for abuse by members of the church hierarchy in the world.

It was, however, not immediately clear whether the resignations were accepted by the Pope, who responded to the bishops’ letter in the form of a 10-page document, accusing Chile's Church hierarchy of negligence in sex abuse cases.

“We are all involved, myself in first place, and no one can be exempted by looking to shift the problem onto the backs of others,” the pontiff reportedly wrote.

The scandal centers around Bishop Juan Barros, who is accused of misusing his position in the Catholic Church to try to obstruct a probe into his mentor, Fernando Karadima, an influential priest who was found guilty in 2011 by the Vatican of sexually abusing male minors in the 70s and 80s and later sentenced to a lifetime of “penance and prayer.”

The bishop of Osorno, Juan Barros, takes part in an open-air mass celebrated by Pope Francis at Lobitos Beach, near the Chilean city of Iquique, on January 18, 2018. (Photo by AFP)

Barros, now 61, had offered his resignation to the pontiff multiple times during the past seven years, but it was rejected as he was believed to be innocent of the cover-up allegations. This time, it is thought his offer to quit will be accepted.

The Pope was widely criticized in January when he defended Barros during a visit to Chile, saying the accusations against him should be classed as "slander" until proven otherwise.
    Following the Pope’s controversial comments in support of Barros, at least nine churches were set ablaze or firebombed while multiple protests were held by those opposed to the bishop, who is widely accused of being very close to Karadima, now Chile's most notorious pedophile priest sacked by the Vatican in 2011.

Former Catholic priest Fernando Karadima

The Roman Catholic Church has been hit by numerous scandals in the past few years, involving allegations of covering up the sexual abuse of children by priests.

Pope Francis, who was appointed in 2013 with a mandate to overhaul the Vatican, has warned that there will be “no privileges” for bishops when it comes to child sex offenses. The pontiff has also promised more action in response to accusations of cover-up and excessive leniency by the Vatican
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 05-19-18 at 10:11 PM.

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok, let me close my portion of this thread on a funny note.

There's a priest and a rabbi walking together down the street. There's a park across the street from where the priest and rabbi are walking with some kids playing in it. The priest says to the rabbi, "Let's go fukk those little kids playing over there." The rabbi turns and looks at him and says "Out of what?"

Good night all, luv u.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Ok, let me close my portion of this thread on a funny note.

There's a priest and a rabbi walking together down the street. There's a park across the street from where the priest and rabbi are walking with some kids playing in it. The priest says to the rabbi, "Let's go fukk those little kids playing over there." The rabbi turns and looks at him and says "Out of what?"

Good night all, luv u.
    Ha. Good one.

PAULYPOKER

Send to politics forum.......

PAULYPOKER

Candle-lit vigil for sexual abuse victims in Chile church

A candle-lit vigil is held for sexual abuse victims in Chile church. Recently, 34 Chilean bishops announced their resignation over a child sex abuse scandal within the Church in Chile that has come to haunt the reign of Pope Francis.

"We, all the bishops present in Rome, have tendered our resignation to the Holy Father so that he may decide freely for each of us," the bishops said in a statement after three days of intense meetings with Francis at the Vatican. "We want to ask forgiveness for the pain caused to the victims, to the Pope, to God's people and to our country for the serious errors and omissions we have committed," the statement continued.

The striking announcement came after the pontiff summoned the bishops over the scandal. Several members of the Chilean church hierarchy are accused by victims of ignoring and covering up child abuse by Chilean pedophile priest Fernando Karadima during the 1980s and 1990s.

On Thursday evening, Francis promised "changes" to the Chilean church to "restore justice" in a short declaration to the bishops, made public. But in a confidential 10-page document leaked Friday by Chilean TV channel T13, the Argentine pope goes much further in his indictment of the Chilean Church.

The letter, handed to the bishops at the start of their meetings with Francis, evokes "crimes" and "painful and shameful sexual abuse of minors, abuses of power and conscience by ministers of the Church". It qualifies the removal of certain prelates from their roles as necessary but "insufficient," calling for "the roots" that allowed for such abuse within an "elitist and authoritarian" Chilean Church to be examined.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Religious people maker me sick

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3668

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Events occurred 40 years ago

Just trying to cover up...even that was 10 years ago

Not sure Pope can accept these resignations

Will be interesting
    The crimes are no longer valid after 40 years?

I don't think it's violent rape to begin with. Of course I think it's a grave sin but I don't think it's as bad as murder. 4,000 mothers abort their babies every day in America. 50% of black pregnancies in NYC end in abortion. 99% of Down Syndrome pregnancies in Iceland end in abortion, I think those people are worse. Plus, I raise my children as young men and women, I'm just telling the truth but those kids softness might have played a role in it. What do you think is worse, consensual sex with a 13 year old girl or consensual sex with a 25 year old man, you already know the answer.

And this!

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3668

ISIS and Bishops have one thing common which is raping kids.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Child-rape, pedophilia, is beyond reprehensible.
    Absolutely punishable by death as there is no effective cure.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Teddyb is a piece of shit.....

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm disappointed in the Catholic Church