lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

with his ugly jumpshot, he definitely took some cash from people

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

If you change your name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace I think you have mental issues... I just wanted to throw that out there.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol........ You guys act as if this is news....

I'd bet big that "anti sports wagering legalization money" is behind publicizing this............

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    sports betting is bad
    285k posts on the prominent sports betting site and this?

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    Pros are not going to throw games, that's just fuking dumb, they make so much money. This law doesn't change anything... lets not pretend that the crooks were just waiting for gambling to be legal before organizing a fix. Maybe college you have an argument.
    what about Tim Donaghy?

PAULYPOKER

Follow the money guys.............

Money trails tell all......

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Artest was a pretty damn good player in his prime

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Donaghy didn't make millions in the NBA, he doesn't count. Could another ref do this? Sure, I suppose... my point is they weren't waiting for this to be legal to do so. Donaghy didnt.

PAULYPOKER

To become a great capitalist, you must think and act like a ruthless criminal.........

This is not in the capitalist guide handbook.........

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Ron Artest stacking paper.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

That would be implying dude could shoot. Pretty sure if I'm trying to fix a game that unstable goodball be last place I'd look.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

He could definitely d some guys up and bring some serious energy to a game. Just wouldn't be guy I would approach bout fixing a game!!

Actually, this is exactly the guy u wanna approach. He's the guy almost always guarding the other teams premier scorer. Ever seen what an elite scorer can accomplish when given an extra half step head start?? A couple lapses of judgement on defense, a couple of questionable passes on offense, a couple possessions of not boxing out & a couple possessions of being the last man back on defense should get the job done in a competitive basketball game. A guy like Artest is exactly who I would approch first.
    When the star offensive player starts throwing UP multiple bad shots & air balls eyebrows are raised.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

To hell with bribing a player, It's got to be a degenerate ref they target. Just like Donaghy, they'll find a guy with vices. He'll be into women or drugs, maybe a guy on tough financial times, an illness in the family, hard finding even a college ref who gambles nowadays.

You have to figure if someone has the means to fix games then they're doing it already. Legalized gambling didn't change a thing except making it easier to make the bet.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

He is an asshole saying this

what he is basically saying is

" if u legalize sports betting it will make college kids take bribes "

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    Donaghy didn't make millions in the NBA, he doesn't count. Could another ref do this? Sure, I suppose... my point is they weren't waiting for this to be legal to do so. Donaghy didnt.
    I think some of the refs are told in a discreet way.... which way to call it on (select) high dollar games.

Donaghy went overboard with it. Perhaps leaning on games in which was told not to do?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Been trying to explain it to you guys, but truthfully, would you know a bribe if it hit you in the face?

It's not always about failure, I remember when this deal was forged, it happens every year...

NFL -- New York Jets Secure Keyshawn Johnson -- Signs $15 Million Contract

Seattle Times News Services

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - Keyshawn Johnson was drafted No. 1 in the country by the New York Jets, at the head of his class.
    He's $15 million richer now, but a 24-day holdout has left him behind in his homework, a late arrival with just three weeks to become an NFL starter.
    At least Johnson knows where he stands.
    "There are some things that I know, but there are some things I have no clue about," Johnson said after agreeing yesterday to a six-year deal.
    Overall, it's a $15 million pact that includes a $6.5 million signing bonus with an extra $2 million added to the bonus if he fulfills his promise and puts up numbers like the NFL's current premier receivers.
    What kind of numbers?

In two of the next four years, the former Southern California All-American must reach in at least one year two of four standards: 12 TD catches, selection to the Pro Bowl, 85 receptions and 1,000 yards receiving.
    And what about James Harden?

He makes a lot of money to take control of his team's scoring and play no defense. He even gets peer accolades and talks of MVP.

These guys get payed to do a job, there's nothing more to it than that.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

He'd had have thrown a game for a bottle of Hennessey's

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

Actually, this is exactly the guy u wanna approach. He's the guy almost always guarding the other teams premier scorer. Ever seen what an elite scorer can accomplish when given an extra half step head start?? A couple lapses of judgement on defense, a couple of questionable passes on offense, a couple possessions of not boxing out & a couple possessions of being the last man back on defense should get the job done in a competitive basketball game. A guy like Artest is exactly who I would approch first.
    When the star offensive player starts throwing UP multiple bad shots & air balls eyebrows are raised.
    Fair enough, makes sense. Tough to shave points if your team smart enough not to give you the ball tho. Hell I dunno, I just know dude was always a grade a flake, i wouldn't trust him to take out my trash let alone fix a game!

First 12