hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

White Sox at Pittsburgh Pirates interleague

Pittsburgh should have very good hitting weather for an interleague game vs the White Sox

the thing that concerns me a bit is with the White Sox losing the DH in the national league park

I'm going with White Sox to win, but really want to add pick OVER total.....any thoughts about the TOTAL o/u 9 ???

CHW WHITE SOX +133 ML // 2 units to win 2.66

White Sox coming off an interleague win Sunday at the Cubs (after losing the first 2-games of that series). Meantime, Pirates lost 5-0 on Sunday at home as they were shutout by the Giants, but won the first two games of that series. So it looks like a little bit of "who's hot, who's not" short-term here.

Pirates beat the White Sox both games when they played just last week. Ok they've been the better team this year. But now look at what today and tomorrow bring:

today is pitching matchup Reynaldo Lopez at Trevor Williams.
    tomorrow is scheduled starters Carson Fulmer at Jameson Taillon.

Taillon has regressed a bit lately, but my logic here says the Pirates WON'T win 4-games in a row against the Sox. Not that it's impossible, but I'm going with the feeling the White Sox win either today or tomorrow.....so having said that..... I definitely feel today is the better matchup for the Sox to win. In fact, these exact same two starters faced-off on May 9 and it was the White Sox taking a 4-0 lead in the first few innings, but their bullpen blew it in the top of the 9th inning, giving up 4 runs to lose by a final score of 6-5.

mncosoldier
    mncosoldier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Pittsburgh should have very good hitting weather for an interleague game vs the White Sox

the thing that concerns me a bit is with the White Sox losing the DH in the national league park

I'm going with White Sox to win, but really want to add pick OVER total.....any thoughts about the TOTAL o/u 9 ???

CHW WHITE SOX +133 ML // 2 units to win 2.66

White Sox coming off an interleague win Sunday at the Cubs (after losing the first 2-games of that series). Meantime, Pirates lost 5-0 on Sunday at home as they were shutout by the Giants, but won the first two games of that series. So it looks like a little bit of "who's hot, who's not" short-term here.

Pirates beat the White Sox both games when they played just last week. Ok they've been the better team this year. But now look at what today and tomorrow bring:

today is pitching matchup Reynaldo Lopez at Trevor Williams.
    tomorrow is scheduled starters Carson Fulmer at Jameson Taillon.

Taillon has regressed a bit lately, but my logic here says the Pirates WON'T win 4-games in a row against the Sox. Not that it's impossible, but I'm going with the feeling the White Sox win either today or tomorrow.....so having said that..... I definitely feel today is the better matchup for the Sox to win. In fact, these exact same two starters faced-off on May 9 and it was the White Sox taking a 4-0 lead in the first few innings, but their bullpen blew it in the top of the 9th inning, giving up 4 runs to lose by a final score of 6-5.
    White sox changed their lineup this game!!!! Starting with two switch hitters!!

hotcross

so do you like the Over 9 here or pass?

I already got White Sox to win

Looks like a "for sure Over"....which we know how that can play out

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

lopez has been pitching well but has been hard luck pitcher. good luck

hotcross

not adding the Over pick, just because of the national league rules

maybe one of the starting pitchers goes off...hope it's Mr. no make that Sr. Lopez

mncosoldier
    mncosoldier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    so do you like the Over 9 here or pass?

I already got White Sox to win

Looks like a "for sure Over"....which we know how that can play out
    I think Over is the best option!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

those battling bucs

hotcross

could not have been more wrong about Lopez for the White Sox

then I pass on the Over, which the Pirates are gonna get by themselves!