Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Stephen A Smith Says Celtics Should Trade Kyrie

THE BOSTON CELTICS should consider trading away Kyrie Irving for Kawhi Leonard this summer.

That’s the opinion of ESPN pundit Stephen A. Smith, who suggests trading away Irving would better than putting a package together that included Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and one other asset.

The San Antonio Spurs have a busy few months ahead for them as they decide whether or not to offer Leonard his “superman” contract.

Both Tatum and Brown have increased their stock in this year’s playoffs and Boston still have a number of picks available to them.

However, Smith believes a straight swap involving Irving for Leonard would make more sense for Boston.

“Here’s why I think it’s an interesting question to ask,” Smith said on ESPN show First Take.

“You have to remember, when you look at a Kyrie Irving. He’s scheduled to make $20million next year in the last year of his deal. You’re going to have to re-up him.

“If Steph Curry is getting $207m. If Russell Westbrook is getting $217m… Kyrie Irving’s a champion. Kyrie Irving is a franchise-calibre guard. How much are you going to have to pay him?

“When you look at it from that perspective I understand you’re going to have to pay Kawhi because he is looking for his dollars but if I’m talking about the combination of a six-feet-eight who can also give you 20-plus points a night… If you’ve got Kawhi with Jayson Tatum, with Jaylen Brown… in today’s NBA culture I don’t think you can ignore that.

“Terry Rozier will come cheaper and when you look at the fact he will be considerably cheaper and you’ve got him with Marcus Smart at the guard spots with all those other parts surrounding him, who can shoot and defend… my lord.

“If you’re San Antonio and you know that Kawhi wants out, if that indeed is the case, and you know you have to move him, don’t you have to replace with him a star?

“If I’m Boston, because of the way I’m constructed, I’d rather give up one than a couple or three guys.

“It’s incredibly plausible that Danny Ainge, the way that he thinks looking at Terry Rozier and what he brings to the table, I’m telling you right now that it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the offseason arrived and suddenly we’re hearing Boston and San Antonio are in discussions.”
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave Mr KLC 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Maybe for Leonard

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

pop doesnt want kyrie spurs pass the ball ball hog wont fit

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    THE BOSTON CELTICS should consider trading away Kyrie Irving for Kawhi Leonard this summer.

That’s the opinion of ESPN pundit Stephen A. Smith, who suggests trading away Irving would better than putting a package together that included Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and one other asset.

The San Antonio Spurs have a busy few months ahead for them as they decide whether or not to offer Leonard his “superman” contract.

Both Tatum and Brown have increased their stock in this year’s playoffs and Boston still have a number of picks available to them.

However, Smith believes a straight swap involving Irving for Leonard would make more sense for Boston.

“Here’s why I think it’s an interesting question to ask,” Smith said on ESPN show First Take.

“You have to remember, when you look at a Kyrie Irving. He’s scheduled to make $20million next year in the last year of his deal. You’re going to have to re-up him.

“If Steph Curry is getting $207m. If Russell Westbrook is getting $217m… Kyrie Irving’s a champion. Kyrie Irving is a franchise-calibre guard. How much are you going to have to pay him?

“When you look at it from that perspective I understand you’re going to have to pay Kawhi because he is looking for his dollars but if I’m talking about the combination of a six-feet-eight who can also give you 20-plus points a night… If you’ve got Kawhi with Jayson Tatum, with Jaylen Brown… in today’s NBA culture I don’t think you can ignore that.

“Terry Rozier will come cheaper and when you look at the fact he will be considerably cheaper and you’ve got him with Marcus Smart at the guard spots with all those other parts surrounding him, who can shoot and defend… my lord.

“If you’re San Antonio and you know that Kawhi wants out, if that indeed is the case, and you know you have to move him, don’t you have to replace with him a star?

“If I’m Boston, because of the way I’m constructed, I’d rather give up one than a couple or three guys.

“It’s incredibly plausible that Danny Ainge, the way that he thinks looking at Terry Rozier and what he brings to the table, I’m telling you right now that it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the offseason arrived and suddenly we’re hearing Boston and San Antonio are in discussions.”
    Dont kid yourself bro? You take away brad Stevens and bucks or Philly torches Boston badly - kyrie is a fcking stud / there’s no other player more clutch then Kryie - and one of the best offensive player in the NBA - he can beat you shooting? Attacking the basket? - draw fouls

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    pop doesnt want kyrie spurs pass the ball ball hog wont fit
    LOL you ain’t serious? The guy put a dagger down GSW throat in 2015

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Right, they're gonna trade away Kyrie for a guy who didn't have enough heart to even play this year.....even though he was paid $25 mil.

Yeah, he'd be a great locker room presence and influence for the best young team in the league.

Kyrie thinks the world is flat, but that's better than being a quitter.

Send that bum Leonard to LA. He's surrounded by dumb people.

And BTW, who's dumb enough to listen to Steven A. Smith?

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    - kyrie is a fcking stud / there’s no other player more clutch then Kryie - and one of the best offensive player in the NBA - he can beat you shooting? Attacking the basket? - draw fouls
    Only when he's healthy. And even then, Rozier is younger and cheaper. I trust Ainge's ability to make trades more than I trust Irving's knee.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston Plays more like a team without him

Kyrie has to be stung

Winning without him

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Irving no upside

Spurs want Wiggins

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Stevens don't care who plays. He just wins

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Stevens don't care who plays. He just wins
    He only gets away with that in the weak EAST- GSW or Houston ain’t losing to rookies

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

He only gets away with that in the weak EAST- GSW or Houston ain’t losing to rookies
    But he playing the king?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Spurs want Wiggins
    Speaking of no upside.

ikid2groove415

Wiggins? LMAO

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Good post, KLC. Keep em comin.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Wiggins? LMAO
    Its gonna happen

Kids 24 w 5 years experience

Huge upside of Pops can work him

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Right, they're gonna trade away Kyrie for a guy who didn't have enough heart to even play this year.....even though he was paid $25 mil.

Yeah, he'd be a great locker room presence and influence for the best young team in the league.

How dumb is this guy? Leonard is way better then kyrie

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

boston would have 8 sg/sf types, pass

Harry N. Lloyd

How dumb is this guy? Leonard is way better then kyrie
    Sure he is, because Steven A. says so, right?

He played 9 games this year and averaged 16 ppg. He has mysterious quad injuries. Uh huh.

He took $$ from the Spurs and basically refused to play this year. He's a me first guy. Riding the hype train. The league is full of guys like him.

Ghetto.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Who told you the world isn't flat?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    boston would have 8 sg/sf types, pass
    Leonard is an elite player. Perfect time to trade Irving. Huge stones if Ainge can pull this off.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston needs a big man instead

Irving just will take time away from guys doing well now

Irving wants to dominate the ball

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

you have to play d to play for pop. guy was a major head case this year. Pop benched him. He said pop benched him because he loves trump. I know sounds funny. I think he popped off to pop and he showed him that they could make playoffs without him. Guy will be a bust where he goes because he think he invented the game. He has ray knight syndrome

ChuckyTheGoat

Pop should STFU. Can't win w/o players.

Harry N. Lloyd

Copernicus.

He's was smarter than Kyrie.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Copernicus.

He's was smarter than Kyrie.
    More like Plato in 360 B.C., and he wasn't the first either.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Problem is Rozier may be good enough to lead the C’s to the championship series but doubt he’s good enough to help them win the whole thing.

If the C’s win, sure trade Kylie. If not, you gotta find a way to get better next year and Kylie is going to be the most obvious, along with Hayward. They’re free-rolling this year. If they win it all, trade both Kylie and Hayward

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    More like Plato in 360 B.C., and he wasn't the first either.
    True. As early at the 6th century BC scientists have believed the earth is spherical, not flat. (But it was Copernicus who told me.)

For the record, the religion of Islam teaches of a flat earth. The Koran was written in the 6th Century AD, some 1200 years after Greek scholars had figured out the earth is round. Is it possible the 'last prophet' flunked his astronomy class?

Snowball, you're such a sucker for conspiracy theories, my guess is you believe the earth is flat. Please tell me you don't believe Kyrie Irving over Steven Hawking--please!

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Problem is Rozier may be good enough to lead the C’s to the championship series but doubt he’s good enough to help them win the whole thing.

If the C’s win, sure trade Kylie. If not, you gotta find a way to get better next year and Kylie is going to be the most obvious, along with Hayward. They’re free-rolling this year. If they win it all, trade both Kylie and Hayward
    LOL

ikid2groove415

I believe Houston and GSW- got home court over Boston? Boston easily down 0-2 in the finals - bunch of 1-3 year players ain’t beating any of this teams

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You could trade Irving if you wanted...

but sh#$... I'd trade Hayward in a heartbeat. He's not even that good of a player.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

if kawai want accomplish more in nba, he should go east asap. he won't win for sure but will be in finals since lebum gonna retire after this season!

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

my functioning brain told me...troll job or does SBR truly have a half retarded flat earther in the mix?

EyesWideShut
    EyesWideShut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2966

Stephen smith is a complete JOKE.

12 Last