packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    If Messi can pull a Maradona and carry his team the Argies have a good shot at it.
    But history so far hasnt proven that. I thought he sucked in the 2014 semifinal and final when it counted the most
    I don't know mate,Argentina hasn't impressed me at all,their offense was very stagnant in the Qualifiers.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 05-13-18 at 08:48 PM.

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

That little c*nt Neymar had better be fit in time

packerd_00

That little c*nt Neymar had better be fit in time

What have you heard mate.

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

Portugal at+2429. Ronaldo will cement his legacy as the greatest professional soccer player of all time!

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    What have you heard mate
    I read this: https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/reco...rld-cup-squad/

But then I also read this: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...2018-world-cup

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    FIFA reduced Guererro's suspension , allowing him to play in the World Cup. The guy is an absolute beast and game changer
    Guererro has been banned for the Tournament.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post
    Portugal at+2429. Ronaldo will cement his legacy as the greatest professional soccer player of all time!
    It would be really good for football if that happened (not the usual suspects winning the WC), but.....uhm......NO...... aint gonna happen, he needs a support cast of 10 players which he doesnt have.

If they do make it far I'll be supporting them though

packerd_00

Cheers buddy,I have a Futures bet on him to score the most goals,this worries me he doesn't strike you with confidence with his language.

Saying you're nervous about getting hurt again,can't go into the Tournament nervous and expect to play to you're full potential.

Cubs2016
    Cubs2016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5307

Germany

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

It would be really good for football if that happened (not the usual suspects winning the WC), but.....uhm......NO...... aint gonna happen, he needs a support cast of 10 players which he doesnt have.

If they do make it far I'll be supporting them though
    Well they won Euro somehow.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post
    Well they won Euro somehow
    Euro is a MUCH easier tournament to win then the world cup.
    Only 8 teams have won the WC, I lost count how many have won the Euro.

Hey, if you wanna bet on Portugal be my guest. Post your betting slip so I can have a good laugh

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs2016 View Post
    Germany
    Great team, but when's last time in modern football that a WC champion repeated???

Also, they have 3 greats who just retired (Klose, Schweini and Lahm)

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    No, argentina does
    No, Brazil did in Pele

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Eurocup was a joke this past go around with the new format. Portugal wouldn't have even made the knockout stage if not for it

Germany loses greats in frankensteinschweiger and underrated Philip lahm but their incumbents aren't far off. Khedira and Kroos are all world players and while not as great as their predecessors the respective field isn't as good either. They are ab as good relative to their environment as the retiring legends were (those guys had to go up against guys like xavi, iniesta and xabi alonso)

Klose has records for goals scored but I never thought he was as great as Frankenstein and lahm. Germany can make up the difference easily with their roster

packerd_00

Euros are a competitive tournament to be fair,but it just isn't the same as the WC.

Portugal won't do dick in Russia.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Klose has records for goals scored but I never thought he was as great as Frankenstein and lahm
    Klose is another strange player who was just an average striker for his club(s), but when you put him on German team in a world cup he suddenly turns into a giant penetrating beast.

Milan Boras was the same way, couldnt do shit for his clubs, but put him in his Czech NT and suddenly he started scoring goals for fun.

Football is weird, but I still love it to death in all its weirdness

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Klose is another strange player who was just an average striker for his club(s), but when you put him on German team in a world cup he suddenly turns into a giant penetrating beast.

Milan Boras was the same way, couldnt do shit for his clubs, but put him in his Czech NT and suddenly he started scoring goals for fun.

Football is weird, but I still love it to death in all its weirdness
    Yeah podolski was the same

Nothing like the world cup bit it's not as glorious as it used to be

Players are starting to become like nba divas and only care about the next big contact instead of national glory

Esco

Argentina GK Romero is out of the world cup with an injury

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Messi played in the world cup final last time. Ronaldo will never do that.
    That's cause they got the easiest group/draw ever and they barely won those games.

Nigeria
    Bosnia
    Iran...

Barely beat Swiss, shutout with Holland, Basically did nothing impressive the whole tourney.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Portugal they have the best player in the world.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Argentina GK Romero is out of the world cup with an injury
    Good he sucks

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Good he sucks
    He was their best keeper though, so now it'll be a 2nd string which could hurt them

Esco

Neymar is back training with Brazil squad: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...fractured-foot

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Croatia
    Senegal
    Tunisia
    All seem like decent underdog type picks

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Germany. Lock.

Portugal lol. Ronaldo is a corpse these days. Has anybody seen his recent performances? Stop watching youtube highlights and actually watch the games.
    Last edited by Sato; 05-30-18 at 11:30 AM.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Brazil and Belgium are loaded everywhere but may have to face off in round of 16. Belgium gets labeled as underachievers but they were young last time. They're all in their prime now.

While Senegal isn't a threat to win the whole thing I do think they exceed expectations.

Esco

Ugh, this doesnt look good. Vid was from training yesterday

https://twitter.com/brfootball/statu...15323492913153

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Ask Lakerman about the time on SBR that I took the Dutch to beat Brazil in regulation in 2010. Everyone was on Brazil's nuts that year. I knew Robben was one of the best players in the world, getting overlooked, just as good as Messi or Ronaldo at that time if not for all his injuries. And Schneider and Van Persie were world class. I knew Dunga would get humiliated after he left Ronaldhino off the squad when he still had a bit of juice left. I said that would come back to haunt him.

The odds on that bet were ridiculous btw.

I had Spain winning that final from the getgo.

4 years ago I had Germany-Argentina world cup from the beginning. I said Argentina would win.

It's honestly all about the rosters.

That's the only thing that matters.

It's actually pretty easy to see who will be there at the end.

A lot of guys are overrated. Guys who have played for England for exmaple in the past. Ppl overrate these guys based on club stats and shit. Lampard and Gerrard and Terry and Rooney was never a scary squad. All of those players were all stars, but none were superstars. None could single handedly take over an international game like ROBBEN.

Germany has several superstars and numerous all stars.

France lost Payet. Easily their second best player. I do not see them winning despite the fact they're one of the favorites.

Some people don't believe in players, that winning is about other things, but that's what it comes down to at the end.

That's why Germany beat Argentina, they just had more talent.

That's why Spain won the world cup that year.

Did anyone see Spain's roster prior to the tournament started?

It was a really easy pick based off that. Hall of Fame players literally everywhere. You had ALL STARS COMING OFF THE BENCH on that team bro.

Gonna take a look at all the rosters after the NBA finals. Shouldn't be too hard to spot a team that'll be in the finals.

Funny... ppl been taking Brazil every 4 years on this site. Need to take a look at that roster. Was an easy decision last 2 times to say they'd lose.

Germany vs. Brazil last time? Was prolly the easiest bet in history of soccer. Can't believe that game was like a PK basically. Called that it would be a shit show.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 06-03-18 at 05:40 AM.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Germany. Lock.

Portugal lol. Ronaldo is a corpse these days. Has anybody seen his recent performances? Stop watching youtube highlights and actually watch the games.
    Ronaldo is a corpse? Is that some kind of joke? Ronaldo is the most dominant player in soccer right now. He just won the World Player of the year. Again.... How many guys have won it over him and Messi the last decade? ZERO. There's not one player in the world you can argue is better than Ronaldo except Messi. Otherwise, they'd have won the Ballon. Simple as that.

Goat Milk

Eurocup was a joke this past go around with the new format. Portugal wouldn't have even made the knockout stage if not for it

Germany loses greats in frankensteinschweiger and underrated Philip lahm but their incumbents aren't far off. Khedira and Kroos are all world players and while not as great as their predecessors the respective field isn't as good either. They are ab as good relative to their environment as the retiring legends were (those guys had to go up against guys like xavi, iniesta and xabi alonso)

Klose has records for goals scored but I never thought he was as great as Frankenstein and lahm. Germany can make up the difference easily with their roster
    Excellent points.

Goat Milk

Wow that's crazy. Juventus seemed to do fine with dybala if he's a team cancer. His talent outweighs it especially with the lack of talent argentina has

No way they win, they are gonna get bounced early. Their ship sailed last world cup when higuan got robbed on a phantom offside call that would've put argentina ahead 1-0 in the regulation time against germany
    Higuine choked so hard in the finals.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Ronaldo/Messi are terrible at World Cups.

Can only score on Nigeria and North Korea.
    You have no clue what you're talking about lol.

You realize that every team in the world gameplans specifically for Messi and Ronaldo. Did you even realize that the Germans revolved their entire world cup gameplan around Messi and only Messi? There were 3.....I repeat......THREE....guys guarding him at ALL TIMES, including 1 guy literally GLUED TO HIM all game, and when he approached the box, there were TWO GUYS glued to messi and a 3rd roaming, waiting for him to split the D.

Watch the games dude.

You have no clue how good Ronaldo and Messi really are....

Goat Milk

Remember when forlan came out of nowhere and snatched the boot? That was great

I think Poland knows they have no shot but they'll feature lewandowski enough to get the trophy
    Diego Forlan was always one of the best players in the world to me for a short 3 year stretch. He never got any credit and was often overlooked on his club teams.

You can tell who the best players in the world are.

Like, people are probably forgetting about Bale on real cause he came off the bench and his injuries, etc.

Bale is one of the top 5-10 players, easily, in the world.

There are a lot of under the radar guys who are in the elite superstar discussion too (not on the level of the best 5, but somewhere around 15-20) who ppl don't talk about a lot because they don't put up eye popping stats for their clubs.

But it's obvious when you watch them play that they'll dominate on an international stage.

Sometimes those guys on club teams don't have a good enough squad around them, so it makes them look worse than they are.

Or sometimes they just aren't given the opportunity.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Ask Lakerman about the time on SBR that I took the Dutch to beat Brazil in regulation in 2010. Everyone was on Brazil's nuts that year. I knew Robben was one of the best players in the world, getting overlooked, just as good as Messi or Ronaldo at that time if not for all his injuries. And Schneider and Van Persie were world class. I knew Dunga would get humiliated after he left Ronaldhino off the squad when he still had a bit of juice left. I said that would come back to haunt him.

4 years ago I had Germany-Argentina world cup from the beginning. I said Argentina would win.

A lot of guys are overrated. Guys who have played for England for exmaple in the past. Ppl overrate these guys based on club stats and shit. Lampard and Gerrard and Terry and Rooney was never a scary squad. All of those players were all stars, but none were superstars. None could single handedly take over an international game like ROBBEN.

France lost Payet. Easily their second best player. I do not see them winning despite the fact they're one of the favorites.

Some people don't believe in players, that winning is about other things, but that's what it comes down to at the end.

It was a really easy pick based off that. Hall of Fame players literally everywhere. You had ALL STARS COMING OFF THE BENCH on that team bro.

Gonna take a look at all the rosters after the NBA finals. Shouldn't be too hard to spot a team that'll be in the finals.

Funny... ppl been taking Brazil every 4 years on this site. Need to take a look at that roster. Was an easy decision last 2 times to say they'd lose.

Germany vs. Brazil last time? Was prolly the easiest bet in history of soccer. Can't believe that game was like a PK basically. Called that it would be a shit show
    Who are you picking to win this years world cup??

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Germany vs. Brazil last time? Was prolly the easiest bet in history of soccer. Can't believe that game was like a PK basically. Called that it would be a shit show.
    With all do respect,Germany has one real superstar,their goalkeeper.Great Team,but I wouldn't say it's filled with superstars,some really good talented players that know how to
    showup in International Tournaments.

And to be honest,that's part of what makes a Team like Germany dangerous,their not littered with egos.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 06-03-18 at 03:19 PM.

First 1234567 Last