grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Baltimore Orioles: where good pitchers go to die

How many good pitchers have they ruined?

Good pitchers that turned into literal gas cans.

The list is long, but I decided to make this thread after Bundy set a record of giving up 4 homers without recording an out day before yesterday. He appears to be the newest pitcher that was good and now is a meatballer.

It was Gausman last year.

What the fukk is causing this?

It has all the signs of a bonafied curse.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Jim Palmer
    Mike Cuellar
    Dave McNally

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Jim Palmer
    Mike Cuellar
    Dave McNally
    Pat Dobson

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Baltimore have one of the best batting offenses in baseball, Adam Jones, Machado, Valencia, Davis how they are struggling so bad.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Baltimore have one of the best batting offenses in baseball, Adam Jones, Machado, Valencia, Davis how they are struggling so bad.

It seems like they are tanking on purpose.

So many contracts are due, at the beginning of the season the office said if they do well in the beginning, they will wait to make moves, but if they don’t’t half the team could be gone by July.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Well 7 of their 9 everyday starters are hitting under .250; 3 of them under .200

The use of "best" is subjective, as your financial adviser may say, "past results are no indication of future performance"

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    It seems like they are tanking on purpose.

So many contracts are due, at the beginning of the season the office said if they do well in the beginning, they will wait to make moves, but if they don’t’t half the team could be gone by July.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Well 7 of their 9 everyday starters are hitting under .250; 3 of them under .200

The use of "best" is subjective, as your financial adviser may say, "past results are no indication of future performance"

They don’t score shit for weeks...

Bundy gives up 10 in the first inning on Tuesday, so then the O’s score 7 runs.

Tanking on purpose

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Or on the other side it where mediocre pitchers come to pitch a gem! Lol. This team seemingly invents a new way to lose every day!!

2daBank

They don’t score shit for weeks...

Bundy gives up 10 in the first inning on Tuesday, so then the O’s score 7 runs.

Tanking on purpose
    No shit. Where were those 7 runs against Oakland last week when Cobb and then gausman pitched absolute gems just to watch the offense give them nothing! I don't think they scored 7 runs that whole series and they didn't even see A's best starter!! Lol

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Chris Davis was a fluke..... hes tony baustista making 20 mill plus

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Jim Palmer
    Mike Cuellar
    Dave McNally
    Nothing recent ?

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Or on the other side it where mediocre pitchers come to pitch a gem! Lol. This team seemingly invents a new way to lose every day!!

What about Arrietta????

He sucked in Baltimore

2daBank

What about Arrietta????

He sucked in Baltimore
    I'm saying the opposing teams pitchers tend to do really well vs these bums!!

Far as Arrietta goes I think it was more a case of him not coming into his own as of yet more so than it being O's fault. Lot of stud pitchers don't really become studs till around age 27-28. Mad max and Kluber both come to mind as guys who weren't thought of as aces until around that time., I always gotta tell myself this with Carlos Martinez when I'm getting pissed off at him, he only in his age 25 or 26 season (forget which) after all! His numbers at this point in career compare very favorably with lot of guys now thought of as among the best in league!! Even the great bob Gibson didn't really start dominating till around that 27-28 season!! Takes time for these guys ability to pitch to catch up to their pure stuff.

grease lightnin
    &

I'm saying the opposing teams pitchers tend to do really well vs these bums!!

Far as Arrietta goes I think it was more a case of him not coming into his own as of yet more so than it being O's fault. Lot of stud pitchers don't really become studs till around age 27-28. Mad max and Kluber both come to mind as guys who weren't thought of as aces until around that time., I always gotta tell myself this with Carlos Martinez when I'm getting pissed off at him, he only in his age 25 or 26 season (forget which) after all! His numbers at this point in career compare very favorably with lot of guys now thought of as among the best in league!! Even the great bob Gibson didn't really start dominating till around that 27-28 season!! Takes time for these guys ability to pitch to catch up to their pure stuff.
    Yeah your boy Martinez fukked me over the other day

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

I don't know about that:
    Jose Fernandez R.I.P.
    Roger Clemens
    Sandy Koufax
    Clayton Kershaw

I mean we all could go on and on. Hell, three of these guys had Cy Young's before 27 years old.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Not good over there aTM

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    I don't know about that:
    Jose Fernandez R.I.P.
    Roger Clemens
    Sandy Koufax
    Clayton Kershaw

I mean we all could go on and on. Hell, three of these guys had Cy Young's before 27 years old.
    Not saying there aren't exceptions, some studs come in a dominate early, just don't think ya can give up on a guy too soon as there also a long list of guys that don't start to really dominate until those age 27-28 seasons.

2daBank

Yeah your boy Martinez fukked me over the other day
    Writing was on wall for twinks to Mini sweep us. We inconsistent as fukk and just came off good series vs scrubbies. Hell wouldn't have mattered if he pitched a gem, the offense been putrid!

grease lightnin
    &

I don't know about that:
    Jose Fernandez R.I.P.
    Roger Clemens
    Sandy Koufax
    Clayton Kershaw

Three of those are from a bygone era and when did Keyshawn play for the O’s?

I should have specified the Showalter era.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Gausman doing well, especially on the road.

2daBank

He was referring to my post about a lot of pitchers not really coming into their own till little later in careers. I think most you can obviously tell early by their stuff, just takes a great deal of them time to become great pitchers opposed to being throwers who get by on stuff alone.

grease lightnin
    &

He was referring to my post about a lot of pitchers not really coming into their own till little later in careers. I think most you can obviously tell early by their stuff, just takes a great deal of them time to become great pitchers opposed to being throwers who get by on stuff alone.
    Oh duh

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5051

Dylan Bundy looks more like Al Bundy this year. Orioles going to be dumping salaries soon.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

A4K

That band box park doesn't help either.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Dude, Adam Jones is on the down swing, Chris Davis is basically done, and Danny Valencia hits RH pitching as good as you and I...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BestPlay2day View Post
    Dylan Bundy looks more like Al Bundy this year. Orioles going to be dumping salaries soon.
    They made a huge mistake not dealing machado either mid season last year or this offseason, now I can't imagine they get nearly the haul for him as who gonna give up a great package of players just for a half season position player rental? Everything I've read is he hell bent on testing the free agent market (who can blame him?) so nobody w a ounce of common sense gonna give them much in return!

A4K

They made a huge mistake not dealing machado either mid season last year or this offseason, now I can't imagine they get nearly the haul for him as who gonna give up a great package of players just for a half season position player rental? Everything I've read is he hell bent on testing the free agent market (who can blame him?) so nobody w a ounce of common sense gonna give them much in return!
    I was saying this about two weeks ago. They should have cleared house.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I was saying this about two weeks ago. They should have cleared house.
    Sometimes teams are let their delusions get in way of better judgement! I mean even if they told themselves they had a decent team playing in that stacked as division with yanks amd sawx pretty much gaurenteed they had no freaking shot of making playoffs!! Certainly didn't expect them to be this bad but really wtf the difference?? Cept for fact I'm pretty sure I've lost more money on them this year than any team! Lol, at least got little back gm 1 against kc, dunno what oddsmakers smoking making them -150ish vs anyone!! lol

A4K

Sometimes teams are let their delusions get in way of better judgement! I mean even if they told themselves they had a decent team playing in that stacked as division with yanks amd sawx pretty much gaurenteed they had no freaking shot of making playoffs!! Certainly didn't expect them to be this bad but really wtf the difference?? Cept for fact I'm pretty sure I've lost more money on them this year than any team! Lol, at least got little back gm 1 against kc, dunno what oddsmakers smoking making them -150ish vs anyone!! lol
    Exactly! Sadly, they have mediocre pitching and homerun or bust lineup. At least they got Schoop back this week.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Not saying there aren't exceptions, some studs come in a dominate early, just don't think ya can give up on a guy too soon as there also a long list of guys that don't start to really dominate until those age 27-28 seasons.

Oh duh
    Oh brother!!!! A Gang up. LOL. One post and Wham !!!! That's it for me in here..

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

&lt;br&gt;<br>

&lt;br&gt;<br>

2daBank

Oh brother!!!! A Gang up. LOL. One post and Wham !!!! That's it for me in here..

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

&lt;br&gt;<br>

&lt;br&gt;<br>
    What you mean buddy? Think you took something that wasn't intended as such if you feel that way??

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

4-0 down have they given up on this season

12 Last