milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

also this is a dumb thread

what challenge did the bulls have? a utah team with a bunch of white guys and karl malone? knicks and cavs teams full of bruisers with no skill that were lucky to get to 90 points?

bulls were better than 50/50 to win the championship when the season started those last couple years

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    bulls added rodman, golden state added durant

what's the difference?
    touche

Rodman=Durant

milwaukee mike

when the celtics were winning those 8 championships in a row, the playoff system had BYES

so not only did they not have any competition, the competition they did have just played an extra 4 or 5 games while the celtics rested

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    touche

Rodman=Durant
    well rodman was a 5x champ, led the league in rebounding 7x, and had his number retired by the pistons

so it's not as though the bulls added nothing

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Mike you hated the bulls and Jordan.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

but is the same as a former MVP and a player that has been top 5 MVP voting 6 times with three 2nd places?

I think we'd agree its MORE different than it is the same

the worm did get a 10th place finish once!!!!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

I know I did

i'm not emotional and irrational about it. but some people never emotionally grow out of their adolscent/teen/twenties fanboyism

milwaukee mike

well i was at game 6 when they beat portland for the 2nd championship, and i was rooting for the bulls, so that's a weird statement

only teams i dislike from chicago are the blackhawks (for blocking milwaukee nhl team) and the cubs, because of some of their fans

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by smittyallsports View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that nobody cares about how many minutes of NBA ball you have tuned in for. Secondly why do people act like it is somehow KD's responsibility to ensure a level playing field and parity among NBA teams? Is it his responsibility to make sure there are 4 or 5 teams that could win it all? Shut up dude.
    If you don’t care why did you respond?

I never said it was KDs reaponsibily to ensure a level playing field.

Just think the move was weak as do others.

Shut up dude.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-21-18 at 04:31 PM.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If you don’t care why did you respond?

I never said it was KDs reaponsibily to ensure a level playing field.

Just think the move was weak as do others.

Shut up dude.
    Someone offer you a better job in life? You wouldn’t take it?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Someone offer you a better job in life? You wouldn’t take it?
    You can’t really compare the NBA to real life because he could have went to a number of teams and made a shit ton of money.

OKC could have actually given him a bigger contract.

Look, KD didn’t break any law. It was his choice and he doesn’t care...although he does go out of his way to defend himself on Twitter with burner accounts. It’s just that he took the easiest path ever to get a ring.

Lebron got crucified for his move which wasn’t close to what KD did.

He will always be that guy that couldn’t win on his own so he joined a 73 win team.

Maybe I’m old school in my thinking. I just repsect guys like MJ and Kobe that had that me against the world attitude. Not the fake tough guy thing KD went to after he joined up with the Warriors.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    You can’t really compare the NBA to real life because he could have went to a number of teams and made a shit ton of money.

OKC could have actually given him a bigger contract.

Look, KD didn’t break any law. It was his choice and he doesn’t care...although he does go out of his way to defend himself on Twitter with burner accounts. It’s just that he took the easiest path ever to get a ring.

Lebron got crucified for his move which wasn’t close to what KD did.

He will always be that guy that couldn’t win on his own so he joined a 73 win team.

Maybe I’m old school in my thinking. I just repsect guys like MJ and Kobe that had that me against the world attitude. Not the fake tough guy thing KD went to after he joined up with the Warriors.
    agree

sometimes people are a product of their environment though... if mj/kobe were stuck in oklahoma with far less marketing opportunities, would they have stayed most of their career there? who knows i guess

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

well rodman was a 5x champ, led the league in rebounding 7x, and had his number retired by the pistons

so it's not as though the bulls added nothing
    Rodman had 0 offensive skills and was a liability when shooting free throws after getting hacked.. Was like a turn over when Rodman shot free throws....

BigDofBA

agree

sometimes people are a product of their environment though... if mj/kobe were stuck in oklahoma with far less marketing opportunities, would they have stayed most of their career there? who knows i guess
    Probably not. I don’t blame KD for leaving. Time had ran its course in his minds nd he was ready for something new. Had he gone to Boston or something I would still root for him. It’s just that he joined a 73 win team that he just blew a 3-1 lead to.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Or stay in OKC and be like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone - ringless- Durant definitely made the right move going to GSW- his game got better - people talk about Durant defense now? That was never mention in OKC
    Yep. The main poin is the guys are never guaranteed another year, they’re all one injury away from being done. May as well play for the team that you have the most fun on and enjoy it while you can.

It wasn’t the weakest move ever, it was just a move that was made for reasons other than playing against the best competition.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

I'd have more respect for Durant if he was still on OKC with no ring or went to a different team east or west

it is what it is

the only important sequence of events in last years finals was in game 3 late when Cavs came out of timeout and i literally called out to friends what was about to unfold

james will eat clock... he will fake drive with no real intention of shooting (scared) draw some guys in a little bit and kick it out to someone for a 3

the thing is. i figured it would be kyrie or smith or love who would take the big shot.... nope. he kicked the ball out for a coffin corner 3 from KYLE KORVER (WHO WAS PLAYING IN HIS FIRST FINALS)

fukkn mental midgets

he bricked it... and we all know what happened next, Durant got the ball... dribbled down the court with LeBum backing up (scared) giving him tons of space... so Durant seeing how easy the so-called new goat was making it... pulled up at the line and drilled a 3 to go up 3-0 and end the series. at least he did hit that shot. even tho, if he missed and cavs somehow won the W's would've just blew em out game 4 and 5 and won in 5 either way.

just one of the memories i have that reminds me of the fact LeBron still isn't close to MJ's level

pass it to Kyle Korver for the biggest shot of the series

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

KD and OKC would have won a ring had he stayed. I believe Lebron would have won in Cleveland the first go round if he had stayed as well. Both teams were very close but both guys didn't have that killer instinct to take their teams over the top. They had to learn that somewhere else. I ain't mad at them. Free country.

lakerboy

Now Smith and refs hand them game 1. Not luck?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Warriors have had easiest era ever.

Which means so has Lebron James & the teams he's been on.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Which means so has Lebron James & the teams he's been on.
    In the east yes

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Now Smith and refs hand them game 1. Not luck?
    Refs gave them the last 3 games. They've had the benefit of the whistle in every game in this playoffs.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    I'd have more respect for Durant if he was still on OKC with no ring or went to a different team east or west

it is what it is

the only important sequence of events in last years finals was in game 3 late when Cavs came out of timeout and i literally called out to friends what was about to unfold

james will eat clock... he will fake drive with no real intention of shooting (scared) draw some guys in a little bit and kick it out to someone for a 3

the thing is. i figured it would be kyrie or smith or love who would take the big shot.... nope. he kicked the ball out for a coffin corner 3 from KYLE KORVER (WHO WAS PLAYING IN HIS FIRST FINALS)

fukkn mental midgets

he bricked it... and we all know what happened next, Durant got the ball... dribbled down the court with LeBum backing up (scared) giving him tons of space... so Durant seeing how easy the so-called new goat was making it... pulled up at the line and drilled a 3 to go up 3-0 and end the series. at least he did hit that shot. even tho, if he missed and cavs somehow won the W's would've just blew em out game 4 and 5 and won in 5 either way.

just one of the memories i have that reminds me of the fact LeBron still isn't close to MJ's level

pass it to Kyle Korver for the biggest shot of the series
    Come on Moron you know this is a dumb take. Why have Korver on your team or on the floor if you aren't going to pass it to him?

Is it ok to Lebron to pass it Korver in that same situation this year? Its not his first finals anymore!...but then again he bricked the one last year, so he might crumble under the pressure and do it again.

golfnutt67
    golfnutt67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2051

Never forget the Dubs are a home grown team who added ONE free agent. this wasn't some conspired super team all synchronizing their offseason moves. The front office did their work 2 year prior to KD becoming a FA, and KD wanted to come over big difference to what they did compared to Miami or Houston for that matter.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Other than this season, LeBum basically cake walks through the East playoffs. Talk about an easy era.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Come on Moron you know this is a dumb take. Why have Korver on your team or on the floor if you aren't going to pass it to him?

Is it ok to Lebron to pass it Korver in that same situation this year? Its not his first finals anymore!...but then again he bricked the one last year, so he might crumble under the pressure and do it again.
    I guess it doesn't matter. Guys not named Ray Allen just like to choke when it comes to winning finals games for LeBron.

Korver with the game 3 brick ended any chance of winning 3 and 4 to tie it up at 2-2 last year.

Now Hill can't make his 2 free throws when he is 80% very late in game to take a lead when LeBron had given the Cavs a 3 pt play and a quick 2 after the overturned blatant charge on KD which would've given Cavs a 2 pt lead & ball with 36 sec left. LeBron actually read the d right and saw Hill was gonna get a layup so he fired the pass and Klay was forced to foul him, which he did. Perfect play from LeBron.

so Hill misses the FT but Smith happens to get the rebound but... doesn't pay attention to the score in a finals game with less than 10 sec left? so he fuks up big time and they go to OT and team is demoralized and almost loses by the original spread.

Korver, Hill, Smith...

who's next?

I'm willing to bet it's Thompson. He is SO BAD when he grabs a rebound under the rim and can never do anything about the extra possession. He fakes, he fakes... he spins, he fakes himself out and gets the ball stripped from him leading to a fast break for the Warriors. It's hilarious how bad he is.

Clarkson already tried to shoot the Warriors into a win in game 1. Young dude thinks that because he happens to touch the ball in the Finals and the Warriors basically ignore him (knowing he won't hit many shots) that he SHOULD SHOOT the ball. get a clue buddy and get the ball back to LeBron or Love or Hill.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Warriors were overrated without Durant. They were a regular season team. There's no way a team with Steph, Klay and Draymond would win a championship against this version of Lebron. No fukkin chance. Curry is not even as great as people think. Sure he's a top 10 player in the world but he can't be the number 1 option on a championship team in today's NBA. That ship has sailed.

Also Klay is not leaving if this team is going for a 3 peat.

Also.... who the f did Jordan go against? You had a bunch of no names guarding Jordan during the playoffs.

Shaq and Kobe didn't face much resistance either on their way to a 3 peat. That WCF vs. Webber and the Kings was the real NBA finals, just like Houston vs. Warriors was the real finals this year.

In reality, this is the strongest the NBA has ever been in terms of talent.

The era is not easy, it's just the Warriors got lucky by forming a team with 2 all stars and 2 superstars. That doesn't usually happen that often.

First 12