1. #1
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,694
    Betpoints: 39

    Favorite sportsbook has some technical issues for about 36 hours, during that time I decide to handicap games like a nerd studying for final exams, and came up with picks I had extremely high confidence about.

    Get back on favorite book first, thinking if they still not working I could then place wagers at a secondary book. Wasn't too bothered by it, I thought.

    Favorite book worked fine again.

    Result = -13 units NHL and -2 units MLB

    What happened? I mean other than my picks sucked?

    Might wanna stop capping while sober.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021


  2. #2
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 21,456
    Betpoints: 1209

    Possible overthinking?

  3. #3
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 7,001
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Favorite sportsbook has some technical issues for about 36 hours, during that time I decide to handicap games like a nerd studying for final exams, and came up with picks I had extremely high confidence about.

    Get back on favorite book first, thinking if they still not working I could then place wagers at a secondary book. Wasn't too bothered by it, I thought.

    Favorite book worked fine again.

    Result = -13 units NHL and -2 units MLB

    What happened? I mean other than my picks sucked?

    Might wanna stop capping while sober.
    Nothing happened

    Just a bad day which happens to all of us

    Keep studying hard and it WILL pay off

  4. #4
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,694
    Betpoints: 39

    also felt like I made a huge mistake in particular by not hedging the Penguins at Capitals game at the end of the 2nd period. Capitals were +235 down a goal with the score 3-2. Told myself awhile ago that I should definitely hedge as a rule in these situations with a large wager on the line.

    Coulda live bet Capitals for 2 units to ensure no worse than a break-even on that game.

    Greed by not hedging?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021


  5. #5
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 7,001
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    also felt like I made a huge mistake in particular by not hedging the Penguins at Capitals game at the end of the 2nd period. Capitals were +235 down a goal with the score 3-2. Told myself awhile ago that I should definitely hedge as a rule in these situations with a large wager on the line.

    Coulda live bet Capitals for 2 units to ensure no worse than a break-even on that game.

    Greed by not hedging?
    Not really

    Hedging will cost you in the long run if that isn't what you set out to do

    If you're going to arb your bets the best thing to do is work with a separate bankroll as trading back and forth requires a totally different strategy than just flat wagering.

  6. #6
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 21,456
    Betpoints: 1209

    Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    also felt like I made a huge mistake in particular by not hedging the Penguins at Capitals game at the end of the 2nd period. Capitals were +235 down a goal with the score 3-2. Told myself awhile ago that I should definitely hedge as a rule in these situations with a large wager on the line.

    Coulda live bet Capitals for 2 units to ensure no worse than a break-even on that game.

    Greed by not hedging?
    Everyone has a different opinion on hedging.

    In my opinion it simply depends on how much you have at risk or how much could be won.

    If there's a substantially large amount to you that can be secured, then why not do that?

    I can tell you I've lost an $8,000 parlay & a $5500 parlay ($100 Free Play) years ago by not hedging the last game.

    The larger one was Brett Favre losing with the Jets at -3.

    In my opinion it's much harder to get over not hedging & losing everything vs hedging & still winning something.

  7. #7
    funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-09
    Posts: 40,046
    Betpoints: 17293

    Get um today Cross
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/02/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  8. #8
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,121
    Betpoints: 779

    I find when I try to over analyze I just seem to convince myself of what I want to see even more. Sounds like you the same.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  9. #9
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 7,001
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Everyone has a different opinion on hedging.

    In my opinion it simply depends on how much you have at risk or how much could be won.

    If there's a substantially large amount to you that can be secured, then why not do that?

    I can tell you I've lost an $8,000 parlay & a $5500 parlay ($100 Free Play) years ago by not hedging the last game.

    The larger one was Brett Favre losing with the Jets at -3.

    In my opinion it's much harder to get over not hedging & losing everything vs hedging & still winning something.
    H in your case it was right to hedge with a free wack at 8K on a parlay. I was referring to just straight bets and hedging

  10. #10
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,694
    Betpoints: 39

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I find when I try to over analyze I just seem to convince myself of what I want to see even more. Sounds like you the same.
    probably true to some degree

    The inexplicable part tho, was my favorite book started working fine again, just in time for me to lose 15 units!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021


  11. #11
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 21,456
    Betpoints: 1209

    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    H in your case it was right to hedge with a free wack at 8K on a parlay. I was referring to just straight bets and hedging

    Oh yeah i understand.

    Different circumstances

  12. #12
    Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 28,670
    Betpoints: 4877

    This is why I always told my parents that studying for exams was stupid

  13. #13
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 27,918
    Betpoints: 30

    need more info on HOW you cap.
    everyone caps differently.
    but gl

  14. #14
    firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-08-08
    Posts: 38,993
    Betpoints: 344

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    This is why I always told my parents that studying for exams was stupid
    Precisely the reason your a broke dikk
    Points Awarded:

    lakerboy gave firedawg 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/02/2021


  15. #15
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,121
    Betpoints: 779

    Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post

    probably true to some degree

    The inexplicable part tho, was my favorite book started working fine again, just in time for me to lose 15 units!
    I was on a big run allupping a freeplay last week. Wanted to bet one more game but the book didn't have it for some inexplicable reason too. And the bet would have lost.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  16. #16
    Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 28,670
    Betpoints: 4877

    Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Precisely the reason your a broke dikk
    Neither you nor LB bet money on games.
    If I'm broke....what does that make you two bullshit artists?

  17. #17
    firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-08-08
    Posts: 38,993
    Betpoints: 344

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Neither you nor LB bet money on games.
    If I'm broke....what does that make you two bullshit artists?
    The more you type about me
    The dumber you look
    How bout write something with facts backing your posts?

    You canít
    Poor little boy
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/02/2021


  18. #18
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,694
    Betpoints: 39

    hey hey hey knock it off both of youse

    Anybody wanna hear my NHL pick for today?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021


  19. #19
    firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-08-08
    Posts: 38,993
    Betpoints: 344

    Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    hey hey hey knock it off both of youse

    Anybody wanna hear my NHL pick for today?
    After yesterdayís?
    No thanks
    Maybe Iíll start posting winners again

    If Rudy returns I will
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/02/2021


  20. #20
    Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 28,670
    Betpoints: 4877

    I believe the burden is on you now, to provide facts backing your bullshit posts.
    Maybe just ONE screenshot of a bet you've made.
    Contact Dlow Willy about posting fraudulent bulshit validations. If anybody can fill you in it's that guy.
    I will agree with one of your points though, typing about you is dumb.

  21. #21
    Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 28,670
    Betpoints: 4877

    ......and Yes, I DO want that hockey pick!

  22. #22
    firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-08-08
    Posts: 38,993
    Betpoints: 344

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I believe the burden is on you now, to provide facts backing your bullshit posts.
    Maybe just ONE screenshot of a bet you've made.
    Contact Dlow Willy about posting fraudulent bulshit validations. If anybody can fill you in it's that guy.
    I will agree with one of your points though, typing about you is dumb.
    Guy is clearly an idiot
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/02/2021


  23. #23
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,694
    Betpoints: 39

    could be a valuable fade
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021


  24. #24
    firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-08-08
    Posts: 38,993
    Betpoints: 344

    Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    could be a valuable fade
    Good point
    Tell me itís Boston
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/02/2021


  25. #25
    BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-05-11
    Posts: 9,356
    Betpoints: 4397

    Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    also felt like I made a huge mistake in particular by not hedging the Penguins at Capitals game at the end of the 2nd period. Capitals were +235 down a goal with the score 3-2. Told myself awhile ago that I should definitely hedge as a rule in these situations with a large wager on the line.

    Coulda live bet Capitals for 2 units to ensure no worse than a break-even on that game.

    Greed by not hedging?
    I took that caps live at -1.5 +340 at some point in the game. Felt amazing.

  26. #26
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,694
    Betpoints: 39

    I'd be on both of the home teams today, Tampa and San Jose

    Not final yet, time for a few brewskis before deciding to lock em in. if it makes me shiiiiit before beer #4 then won't play either of them.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021


  27. #27
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,694
    Betpoints: 39

    that's the best handicapping technique

    the "full of shiiiit" method
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021


Top